ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Magic Type

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-30-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Ragnarok OnlineDigimon BattleFlyFFGrand Chase

nephilim12 is a jewel in the roughnephilim12 is a jewel in the roughnephilim12 is a jewel in the rough
Default Starting a Water/Electric Soul Master

Good day!

I've decided to make a Water/Electric Soul Master mainly for Boss Hunting and PvE (I chose her over a Bunny/Cat since they level faster)

This is my second sheep but my 1st pure sheep. I have access to MyShop and have some left out equips of my Fire/Electric/Light Witch such as the Zephyrus Set, Lyr and some Powerful equipment.

I am torn between 1441 or 1432 build. Since I could get MyShop Equipment, do you suggest 1441 over 1432? I've read that the 2 in charm would be beneficial, but since I have access to cash equipment, do you think getting 1441 would be better?

Should I stick to pure MA or should I go MA:HP?

In terms of equipment, what do you suggest I prioritize getting? End game equipment such as the 250 masks and head accessories? what should I compound them with?

I'm looking for equipment which could benefit all my characters [my account consist of Fire/Lightning/Light Witch (will redo since I think going 1441 is better since they hide under SoH) and a soon-to-be Dark Lord] and is suited not only for PvE but PvP as well

Help would be much appreciated!

Thanks !

Last edited by nephilim12; 10-30-2012 at 03:09 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-30-2012   #2 (permalink)
Games
Trickster OnlineHello Kitty OnlineMabinogi

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

Fire/electric (on a soul master) is much better for bossing, in my opinion. 1414 is the superior build - LK, DA and WT are generally useless and LK/DA can be made up very easily with equips (or fortunes/scrolls) if need be. Regular bosses do not even require much LK at all; I don't know any exact numbers, but I don't think I have more than 300 LK on a soul master and she does not miss. Most of my tempers also have min or near min LK as well. The only exception to this will be the 60th and 72nd floor bosses of Chaos Tower, but it is not like a fortune or a scroll are hard to get.

I have no real bias between going pure MA or pure HP, however HP will probably be more beneficial in the long run due to things like Soki's Guard Break - and in boss events, you will be able to tank some bosses and still be able to kill them quickly due to whatever space skill.

Whatever you end up choosing though, pick one or the other.

It's extremely easy these days to reach high levels very quickly, so I would just aim for the highest level equips.

Last edited by Nikeos; 10-30-2012 at 03:32 AM.

10-30-2012   #3 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

I agree with everything my boo-bear (Vare) said, but just to add my two cents:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim12
I've decided to make a Water/Electric Soul Master mainly for Boss Hunting and PvE

My Soul Master is Water/Electricity as well, but I only went this path because I wanted her to be at least a little different from my Dark Witch, who is Fire/Electricity. Both are good combinations, but the latter would perform better on a Soul Master in the long run.

Quote:
I am torn between 1441 or 1432 build. Since I could get MyShop Equipment, do you suggest 1441 over 1432? I've read that the 2 in charm would be beneficial, but since I have access to cash equipment, do you think getting 1441 would be better?
No and no. I wouldn't suggest either of those builds. Like boo-bear said; 1414 would be the superior build. But if you don't feel like having to use a pouch, you could go 1423 instead. Otherwise I'd also say go 1414.

Quote:
2:2 of any stat is beyond worthless. You either go full MA or full HP, or you're doing it wrong. I'd personally go HP.

Quote:
In terms of equipment, what do you suggest I prioritize getting? End game equipment such as the 250 masks and head accessories? what should I compound them with?
Aim for the best stuff. Don't waste your cash on low level equipment. Compound with MA and HP. Never compound for LK or anything else.

10-30-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

nephilim12 is a jewel in the roughnephilim12 is a jewel in the roughnephilim12 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the replies! +rep'd both of you!

Could you state the reasons why Fire/Electric is better than Water/Electric? based from the guides I've read they recommend Water/Electric more (maybe they are outdated?)

Do Water/Electric have trouble killing any of the bosses? same goes with Fire/Electric.

10-30-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Quote:

Could you state the reasons why Fire/Electric is better than Water/Electric? based from the guides I've read they recommend Water/Electric more (maybe they are outdated?)

Do Water/Electric have trouble killing any of the bosses? same goes with Fire/Electric.
Fire gives you more DoT skills (Phoenix Rising/Scorching Earth) than Water.

Also, this is just another opinion, but 1414/1423 really is only good for you if you don't want to waste money/coupons recharging a WT pouch, or else you'll find yourself needing to repot very often. For this reason, I never go with a low Sense build, but that's just a personal preference. Almost all my characters have a 4 in Sense.

I have a 1441 Soul Master and don't have any problems surviving once she's equipped with a good boss shield and another piece of HP accessory.

10-30-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
WonderKing Online

PrettyUglyFox has a spectacular aura aboutPrettyUglyFox has a spectacular aura aboutPrettyUglyFox has a spectacular aura about

Water/Elect grants you access to Shard of Glacier, which nearly doubles the damage of your lightning skills. Coupled with Undine's, you'll be seeing very high numbers

Fire/Elect, on the other hand, focuses more on DoT skills. You get access to 3: Scorching Earth, Pheonix Rising, and Tesla field

As a Soul Master, you lack the defensive skills of a witch, so HP is very important. But Weight is MUCH harder to come by than HP, so I would recommend a high sense build. Pure MA would be best, imo.

Jewelia: PrettyUglyFox, Illiterate Sheep, RainbowKitty
Fantasia: PinheadLarry

10-30-2012   #7 (permalink)
Games

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Using a fire/electric soul master, all you will have to do is cast Raion's Space then Phoenix Rising (if your MA is on the lower side, Scorching Earth too) and wait.

With water/electric, you will have to either use Undine's + Shard + Thunderbolt + Tesla + Electro Attack in whatever fashion, unless your MA is on the much higher side, then you could be one hitting with Shard + Thunderbolt. Keep in mind if you use Thunderbolt, you could also get a very crappy hit, which is annoying.

Any soul master will not have trouble killing any boss due to whatever space skill - if a monster absorbs electric for example, a water/electric soul master could place down Undine's Garden and they will be able to damage it.

Basically, a fire/electric soul master will kill faster while doing less skill spamming/rotating.

Also, unless you like to carry hundreds of potions (which a magic type does not need) or have a bunch of useless items on you, there is no reason to sacrifice defenses for WT. I have a 1 in sense on nearly every character and I have never once had a problem carrying anything; I even usually have a good handful of planks and cat pieces on them.

10-30-2012   #8 (permalink)
MARINA
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of
IGN: Versalia

Quote:
Good day!

I've decided to make a Water/Electric Soul Master mainly for Boss Hunting and PvE (I chose her over a Bunny/Cat since they level faster)

This is my second sheep but my 1st pure sheep. I have access to MyShop and have some left out equips of my Fire/Electric/Light Witch such as the Zephyrus Set, Lyr and some Powerful equipment.

I went 1441. But everyone seems to think that isn't too good. I get by well. Weight is a.....
Pure HP, (especially if you go 1441)
Depends how you end up. Personally I say Hp.
Help would be much appreciated!

Thanks !
Answers in quote.
This just from my experience ;o;

10-30-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vare
+ Shard
Has the Shard glitch been fixed? Some months ago ago, whenever I cast Shard followed by lightning skills, the monsters would start absorbing all the damage. I only tried it with the Chaos Tower bosses, so I don't know if it's the same elsewhere, and I have since stopped using that combo, so I have no idea if it's still that way.

I also agree that WT is much harder to come by than any of the defensive stats. But as I said.. it's a matter of preference.

10-30-2012   #10 (permalink)
Games

It was fixed awhile ago.

10-30-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

I'm still confused with Fire/Electric vs Water/Electric Sheeps

I'm gearing towards Fire/Electric 1414 pure HP Sheep (still kinda half hearted since I own a Light/Fire/Electric sheep mainly for Pleveling which I might redo anytime soon) will this also be an effective Pleveler?

Won't I have troubles leveling at early-mid game with the aforementioned build?

Last edited by nephilim12; 10-30-2012 at 07:57 PM.

10-30-2012   #12 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Won't I have troubles leveling at early-mid game with the aforementioned build?
Not at all. You won't even need MyShop of any kind.

Level at Tower of Chaos and you'll be 200+ in no time. This might help you: /forum/magic-type/84...ma-needed.html

10-31-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

KungFuPets has a spectacular aura aboutKungFuPets has a spectacular aura aboutKungFuPets has a spectacular aura about
IGN: AbsoluteLimit
Class: Mule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vare
1414 is the superior build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care
1414 would be the superior build. But if you don't feel like having to use a pouch, you could go 1423 instead. Otherwise I'd also say go 1414.
Wow!! I thought 1441 was THE ONLY build for Magic Type. Is this 1414 only for Soul Masters right? Since those that go hybrid can access LIGHT skills (SOH) and make having a high HP useless?

10-31-2012   #14 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games

1441 is just what the majority of players use, because there's this thing called "hype" that goes way back to 2007.

Anyway. 1432, 1423, and 1414 are all usable for any sheep or dragon. My Soul Master is 1423 and my Dark Witch is 1414 - both being pure HP. My personal preference: Only Light Mages should use 1441.

11-01-2012   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

I went 1414 as a light wizard o.o

11-01-2012   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernalGuy
I went 1414 as a light wizard o.o
A build that I would not recommend for any Light. It's almost impossible to die in PvM with SoH (unless you're careless or just unlucky), so the 4 in Charm is not needed at all while LK, DA and very valuable WT are being sacrificed.

11-01-2012   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Then why most of the healing skills are based on HP?

11-01-2012   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

Of all the healing skills, Light Mages use mostly Catastrophe Heal on themselves, which is based entirely on MA and LK. I'll bet good money that whenever a Light Mage dies, the first thing he/she does is to spam CH. You might also notice that even with very low HP, say 8-9k, CH will heal that entire bar in one go.

I don't see the point of your question, really, because it simply doesn't matter. As I said, a Light Mage in PvM constantly casting SoH will almost never die. And if they do, they will use Catastrophe Heal and continue on their merry way.

1414/1423 as a Light Mage build would've made more sense in the old days before SoH was released. Nowadays, however, it'd be dumb, in my opinion.

11-01-2012   #19 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games

Only Sacred Oath and Oath of Light are purely based on HP. The former is a party support skill, and the latter is basically useless when you already have Shield of Heaven.

Heart's Grace is based on MA/HP, but it's a support skill, so there's no point of learning it or Oath if you don't PvP/GvG. You're much better off learning only Cure and Catastrophe Heal for PvM purposes.

11-01-2012   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Well that is my personal opinion. Why compensate weaknesses when you can push strenghts?

At lvl 14x I have 2k+ DP when Light Shield is casted and 10kish HP (no MS) and I don't even need to spam SoH... That's legit to me