ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Magic Type

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-27-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

babibabi is a jewel in the roughbabibabi is a jewel in the roughbabibabi is a jewel in the rough
IGN: bunnysteph
Class: bunny to_bunny
Level: Noobiness~~
Guild: Moonlight C
Default Tips on PVP/GVG DL ?

Was planning to make a new char for PvP/GvG. Is DL a right choice and wad would be ideal skill build for it? I do have some funds for it and can afford a little MS. Can someone show me a list of equipments i should aim for at lv 275? Thank in advance

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-27-2012   #2 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Joy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Joy
IGN: Joycelin
Level: Silver♥

I have never had a dark anything but I do know that
at level 275 you should get either a Powerful Arc Stick
or something from Chaos Tower.
Same for the shield, comp'd with HP,
or you can get a MS
shield and comp LK onto it but I think
HP is more useful in the long run.

Now I'll let people who actually have expierience with a Dark Lord help you. Good luck!

10-27-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

babibabi is a jewel in the roughbabibabi is a jewel in the roughbabibabi is a jewel in the rough

haha thanks cookies ur advice was helpful too DL dont need dark attributes? i saw some running around with sickles.. although pw arc > sickle in MA.

10-27-2012   #4 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Joy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Joy
IGN: Joycelin
Level: Silver♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by babibabi
haha thanks cookies ur advice was helpful too DL dont need dark attributes? i saw some running around with sickles.. although pw arc > sickle in MA.
You're welcome!

And yes, I say get yourself a good dark attr GS.
Also Powerful Arc Stick is better
in MA but Thorny Rose Sickle you could
get a balance of MA & LK. Although, I don't know how
useful LK is to a DL but a GS with dark attr will help.

10-27-2012   #5 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

Dark Lords aren't that good in PvP unless you're in a group (war). I'd say the same for GvG, but since it's 99% hit rate, you could just stack Dark Attribute and OHKO mostly everything. I'd still suggest that you go Dark Hybrid instead, however.

Anyway. Dark Attribute > MA, but that doesn't mean you should neglect your MA. You're best off with a Thorny Rose Sickle instead of a Powerful Arc Stick. You don't need to worry about your LK past 250 in PvP and you don't need any in GvG.

This may help you, also: Kyzuumi's Ultimate Dragon Guide

10-27-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

KungFuPets has a spectacular aura aboutKungFuPets has a spectacular aura aboutKungFuPets has a spectacular aura about
IGN: AbsoluteLimit
Class: Mule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care
Dark Lords aren't that good in PvP unless you're in a group (war). I'd say the same for GvG, but since it's 99% hit rate, you could just stack Dark Attribute and OHKO mostly everything. I'd still suggest that you go Dark Hybrid instead, however.

Anyway. Dark Attribute > MA, but that doesn't mean you should neglect your MA. You're best off with a Thorny Rose Sickle instead of a Powerful Arc Stick. You don't need to worry about your LK past 250 in PvP and you don't need any in GvG.

This may help you, also: Kyzuumi's Ultimate Dragon Guide
wow, THIS i didn't know.. 99% hit rate, so no BLOCKS, no MISSES. HV and LK stat would be useless for defense in GVG..?

10-27-2012   #7 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute

That's correct.

There is only a 1% chance of missing in GvG regardless of yours or your opponent's stats. So AC, LK and HV are basically useless, unless that particular stat increases your damage output.

Last edited by R; 10-27-2012 at 07:47 PM.

10-27-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

Dark hybrid? Like wizard? In that case dark lord would overkill in pvp/gvg due to the fact that magic can't be evaded and they focus a lot on attribute am I right?

10-28-2012   #9 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Apparently Mana Reflector is Overpower in GvG. My 10k damage is reflected back at me with 20k. Overkilling magic skills is a death wish against charms, unless they aren't using MR.

10-28-2012   #10 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by babibabi
Dark hybrid? Like wizard? In that case dark lord would overkill in pvp/gvg due to the fact that magic can't be evaded and they focus a lot on attribute am I right?

Wizard/Witch is a Hybrid.

You're only right if you want to believe that you are. You need HP in PvP, and some would argue that you also need LK (I disagree). HP and Dark Attribute aren't best friends, so you can't have both. Or at least not a good balance of both without spending bundles of cash.

If you go with Dark Attribute for PvP; you are going to die. A lot. You might have high damage, but there's no point to that when you die in one or two hits. If you go HP, then you're best off as a Hybrid, because you won't have much room for Dark Attribute. Hybrids also have more AoE (Area of Effect) and DoT (Damage Over Time) skills. Dark Lords don't have much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBerry
Apparently Mana Reflector is Overpower in GvG. My 10k damage is reflected back at me with 20k. Overkilling magic skills is a death wish against charms, unless they aren't using MR.

Damage is doubled (or something) in GvG, so you deal and receive more damage from everything.

10-28-2012   #11 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care

Damage is doubled (or something) in GvG, so you deal and receive more damage from everything.
I think we should have damages cut in half or double our HP, since it be more of a challenge, like how DFO PvP gives you more HP and MP.

Plus with a Soul Master vs. a Witch, it won't be much of a fight unless the Soul Master have 50K+ HP.

Last edited by Draft; 10-28-2012 at 08:05 PM.

10-28-2012   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

MrHerp will become famous soon enough
IGN: The gorgeous Akux
Class: Dark Lord to_magician
Level: 250

Dark Sickle> Pwf Arc Stick

Yes, Dark att is very sexy~
It does add quite a punch to SoA and Scythe.

In my opinion, HP>Dark att>MA>Lk

Being able to cure yourself rapidly would be a big advantage, as well.

10-29-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

dark resist pretty much kills off dark attrb. Hp is most important then MA in my eyes.

10-29-2012   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SteelFlex will become famous soon enoughSteelFlex will become famous soon enough
IGN: SteelFlex333
Class: Swag to_wizard
Level: Infinity
Guild: Nerf Koreans

just get a high ma sickle with attri, and the rest is hp/lk

10-29-2012   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

MrHerp will become famous soon enough
IGN: The gorgeous Akux
Class: Dark Lord to_magician
Level: 250

Yeah, resist does kill attr, but I think it screws over all the dark attack skills, not just the 2 that run on attribute.
It gets pretty annoying...

Fear, a passive skill for Scythe, is a pretty good skill against Charms and bulky power types, although the cast time for Scythe is pretty slow.

10-30-2012   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

Ooh just hope that dragon box can be back for me to get the dragon ring. but if charm has reflector and scythe is cast on them. Will fear be reflected back?

Which means for pvp gear I have to focus on hp? Not a lot of accessories can compound hp. And what innerwear do u guys use?