ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Magic Type

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-01-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Dragon SagaLord of the Rings OnlineTrickster Online

Skyart has a spectacular aura aboutSkyart has a spectacular aura aboutSkyart has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Amatsubame
Class: Fail AM
Default Air attributes on wind skills

Having recently acquired an altiverse twist staff with 2 free slots, I decided I would do some testing to see what effect air attributes have on wind element skills. I attacked our favourite guinea-pigs (Torrobies) with this staff firstly with no attributes comped, then with a 33% attribute comp, then with 67% (using Flute of Gale, yes they failed miserably), with and without Mist of Mana. I tested with Wind Blade(WB) and Razor Gale(RG).

I also tried lv1 Elemental Boost, which had no effect with 0 and 33% attributes but added 1% more with 67%, giving 68% total (this change is visible in the My View window). Thus I have a total of 8 damage outputs (non-crits) for each of the two skills, and I thought I would post them here for all to see and, hopefully, so someone can work out the formula for attribute effects to sheep elemental skills.

MA AC Air attr WB dmg RG dmg
531 172 0 12917 15957
769 172 0 19296 21764
531 172 33 13394 16605
769 172 33 20008 22647
531 172 67 13886 17272
769 172 67 20748 23557
531 172 68 13900 17291
769 172 68 20764 23584

Table 1: Damage outputs of Wind Blade (WB) and Razor Gale (RG) to Torrobies under different conditions. The higher MA values were obtained using Mist of Mana.

Here are the formulae for each skill taken from the wiki; they are still correct for 0 attributes damage.
WB (master): (MA-49)*26.8
RG (master): (MA+AC-49)*24.4

Though I couldn't test it on Torrobies, Sylph's Blessing also dealt more damage with attributes: on Punisher Cannon Fodder Shells: 2908 with 33% attr; 3089 with 67% attr.

Initial Conclusions: attribute compounds on equips do have a positive effect on the damage of corresponding-element skills, and Elemental Boost does work as described. Now I leave it to the number crunchers to deduce how worthwhile it is to get attributes.

(Scientific Report mode off)

Trickster Online:
Lv. 22x SM; lv. 25x (mad) Scientist

Dragonica (EU):
Amatsubame, Lv. 68 Chaosmage

LOTRO (Withywindle):
Lv. 85 Elf Loremaster

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-01-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Life will become famous soon enough

I think the jTO wiki is way ahead of us lol.

The formula they give is:

(魔力-49)(攻撃倍率+3風属性値(%)100)

So:

(MA - 49) x (Mag. Ratio + (3 x Wind Attribute (%)) /100))

So with 100% Wind Attribute, you would do 3 more damage per point of MA.

Glancing briefly at your numbers, it appears the formula is quite accurate.

From looking at the jTO wiki, the new attribute formula is the same for all the other Sheep 2nd and 3rd job skills (except for for Blessings).

10-02-2012   #3 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Good to have the 3 per 100% confirmed

I am more curious if attribute affects spaces.
If someone wishes to test please do.

Grab a buddy.
One of you will cast the space with say 500 ma and 0 attribute.
The other will cast a skill on a monster in the space.
The space caster will then put attribute on whilst keeping there ma constant. And recast the space.
The other person will recast their skill on the same monster.

Do the numbers match up?
Try this on a few monsters. It is best to use high levelled monsters as they have low tolerance numbers.