ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Magic Type (http://ggftw.com/forum/magic-type/)
-   -   Guardian/CT boss help! (http://ggftw.com/forum/magic-type/117372-guardian-ct-boss-help.html)

Mazuiko 09-23-2012 02:28 PM

Guardian/CT boss help!

I decided to defrost my sheep today because I fancied giving her another shot. One of the things bothering me about her was how she takes so long to kill the bosses; in particular floors 60 and 72.

My current guardian is a 3333 Superior Sephirens. Her skills are Shockwave, Luck Breaker, Faint, Cure, Mana Web, Rust, Magic Defense Breaker and Skunk. I'm guessing these skills aren't helping and I might need something better, maybe an attack skill to help out? What skills would be best for a Light/Fire/Electric sheep to be able to take these bosses [or ANY bosses really] down at least a little quicker and easier? If it means I have to get a Spinel with a better graph for more slots, then I'll happily do so. D:

Really appreciate any help with this. Thank you! :py05:

R 09-23-2012 04:22 PM

I'm unsure how it works on bosses (I've only seen it used on Shadow mobs), but Shield Breaker + Quad/Tetra Punch(?) can do some decent damage. Other than that; the only skill that comes to mind is Shard of the Glacier.

The reduction to electricity resistance only lasts for 3 seconds, so it may or may not be that significant, because Guardians aren't that reliable. Also; you probably already know this, but be sure to have around 320 LK for the 60th floor boss and 400 for the 72nd floor boss.

TinyLaNorthio 09-23-2012 06:20 PM

1. As Care said...Shard of the Glacier or Tetra/Quad Punch is your assistant in case that you don't want to spend huge amount of money for Spinel Seed,give your Sephirens a rune and so on

2.If you can pay for Spinel then I suggest you to try Spinel with high Sense graph

-Lucky Fist branch
Condition: Need at least 4 on Sense graph but will be at least 5 if you want Shield Breaker too.

How it work and reason: Good to fight againts an opponent with load of HP.(and yes it's mean boss monster) because higher HP that target got...Lucky Fist will deal higher damage.For this skill I see not much different between 6 Sense guardian and lower.

PS.keep in mind that you can equip only 1 Sky Blue Rune...if you equip new one the former rune will dissappear so choose carefully!!

As for me I have both Tetra [Sephirens's my ingame] + Lucky Fist [Spinel].
And they both useful in different situation :)

Almora 09-23-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyLaNorthio (Post 1770528)
How it work and reason: Since Spinel is not belong to any type so her dmage is a bit weaker than in-game gurdian.For example...Sephirens with 6 Power will deal damage more than Spinel with 6 Power when they both use Tetra Punch on same target. Because Sephirens is "Power Type" guardian.Btw this build might be a bit hard core when you face againts high DP monster.

How is that even possible? Afaik, Spinel's stats are far superior by a bit than all in-game guardians in debuffs and attacks. Are you sure you ran multiple tests, since you know, when a guardian crits, it doesn't say "Critical!"

---

@OP: Shard misses at floor 72 100%. It is only reliable for 60 and below. If 72 is the floor you are having the most trouble on, skip this option.

Your best bet for stable damage on the higher floors every 6s is a SB + lucky fist sense guardian. I personally recommend this one since shard is gimped outside of CT. So a SB + luckyfist guardian will net you better overall benefits anywhere else too, without restrictions like water absorption etc.

TinyLaNorthio 09-23-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almora (Post 1770530)
How is that even possible? Afaik, Spinel's stats are far superior by a bit than all in-game guardians in debuffs and attacks. Are you sure you ran multiple tests, since you know, when a guardian crits, it doesn't say "Critical!"

For your question yes i try it on...I test it many times with my friends.
but surely one thing I know is Spinel is faster and more active compare to in-game:py63:

Almora 09-23-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyLaNorthio (Post 1770533)
For your question yes i try it on...I test it many times with my friends.
but surely one thing I know is Spinel is faster and more active compare to in-game:py63:

What does your friends have to do with the testing, just curious.

I still don't believe it since I've ran tests and confirmed it myself, so I'll need pics and numbers.

Just so you know, guardian abilities differ due to being correlated to its owner's level. I really hope you didn't use your own sephirens and have your friend's spinel do the other part of the testing.

TinyLaNorthio 09-23-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almora (Post 1770538)
What does your friends have to do with the testing, just curious.

I still don't believe it since I've ran tests and confirmed it myself, so I'll need pics and numbers.

Just so you know, guardian abilities differ due to being correlated to its owner's level. I really hope you didn't use your own sephirens and have your friend's spinel do the other part of the testing.

oh I know what you mean now:py16: it seem like they said something about improve gurdian right? hmmm maybe my test is kinda outdate since cuz we try it when Spinel is early avialable in Myshop
Ps.I have edit some information to avoid confuse. Now I'm on my mission to made my Spinel lv200 same as my Sephirens to have new test since they both got same 5 Power :)

Ps. maybe it just lvl of gurdian to made it false >_>

Almora 09-23-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyLaNorthio (Post 1770540)
oh I know what you mean now:py16: it seem like they said something about improve gurdian right? hmmm maybe my test is kinda outdate since cuz we try it when Spinel is early avialable in Myshop
Ps.I have edit some information to avoid confuse. Now I'm on my mission to made my Spinel lv200 same as my Sephirens to have new test since they both got same 5 Power :)

Ps. maybe it just lvl of gurdian to made it false >_>

They haven't made any major changes/improvements to guardians since the color patch, unless they intentionally/unintentionally tinker things without letting us know. But that has nothing to do with this so I'll skip right to my next point that you missed.

Were both of these guardians not owned on one character? Ex: Sephirens on you and Spinel on your friend.

Things that you need to have 100% accurate when testing:
  • Same level, different guardians.
  • Same major stat build guardians.
  • Same title.
  • Same type guardians(2 powers etc.).
  • On same character.
---

Let me know when you do happen to finish this goal and have all the updated infos. As for now, I'll classify everything as misinformation.

Mazuiko 09-24-2012 03:28 PM

That's awesome. Thank you for the info guys, I really appreciate it! Guess I'll start work on a Spinel now! :D