ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Magic Type (http://ggftw.com/forum/magic-type/)
-   -   Dark Witch Assistance! (http://ggftw.com/forum/magic-type/117353-dark-witch-assistance.html)

Versalia 09-22-2012 07:03 PM

Dark Witch Assistance!
 
Well, since I won't be PQing on my SM. I decided to make a Dark Witch.
Something I have 0 experience with.

So I needed help/advice from people who did know!

So my questions are~

What build?
What elements?
What should I put stat points in?

My friend said Dark Attr doesn't matter as much
On a Dark Witch rather than a Dark Lord is this true? o:

What skills do I get. (Please list according order)

That's it for now.
If I have anymore I'll edit/post!

And also, if there's a decent dark witch guide?
I couldn't find one.
If there is please post it for me. ;o;

Thanks!
Will plus rep.
I'd also appreciate a reason for an answer, (:


Tempestad 09-22-2012 07:27 PM

Hi there!
I would love to take the time to answer your questions because I foughta lot of dark Sheeps and kinda found out what they're all about!
1. As a fellow mage I reccomend going 1423 To mostly allow you to focus on building up hp and with two in sense, it will give you enough weight to hold a good amount of pots while grinding or pvp.

2. Once again as a fellow mage I find fire and electricity to be the best because of the aoes that allow you to be balanced in grinding and pvp.

3. HP all the way If you wanna be able to fight in pvp with all types, and just balance out the hp/ma gear even make an lk set ^-^.

4. Whoever your Friend is must be thinking outside the box! 2nd job dark skills don't all just rely on attr check out the formulas! MA determines its overall damage though attr would give a boost but you would lose a lot of hp/ma to balance out 3 stats just make a seperate set for ma/attr or something.

Oni power.

As for the skills, I dont really know but definately get electro and scorching those are gonna be your grinding skills easy grinding too.

Havefun someone will come with better answers and I'm writing with phone so sorry for the little info :D

Versalia 09-22-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnimushaHero (Post 1770301)
Hi there!
I would love to take the time to answer your questions because I foughta lot of dark Sheeps and kinda found out what they're all about!
1. As a fellow mage I reccomend going 1423 To mostly allow you to focus on building up hp and with two in sense, it will give you enough weight to hold a good amount of pots while grinding or pvp.

2. Once again as a fellow mage I find fire and electricity to be the best because of the aoes that allow you to be balanced in grinding and pvp.

3. HP all the way If you wanna be able to fight in pvp with all types, and just balance out the hp/ma gear even make an lk set ^-^.

4. Whoever your Friend is must be thinking outside the box! 2nd job dark skills don't all just rely on attr check out the formulas! MA determines its overall damage though attr would give a boost but you would lose a lot of hp/ma to balance out 3 stats just make a seperate set for ma/attr or something.

Oni power.

As for the skills, I dont really know but definately get electro and scorching those are gonna be your grinding skills easy grinding too.

Havefun someone will come with better answers and I'm writing with phone so sorry for the little info :D

LOL DANNY. Thanks. <3
Looking for more input!
Especially with the build.
If I go pure HP, should I still go 4123?
That part always confuses me.
Plus repped!

Draft 09-22-2012 09:18 PM

Spoiler!


Remember to have fun with it. I only said basic things about mages with no SoH in general, pretty sure someone can be more clearer. Oh wells.

Sakurah 09-22-2012 09:19 PM

As someone with a lv180+/TM200+ dark Witch, I have a degree of experience. :s Her elements are fire/electric tho and I'm strictly PvM.

While 1423 is good for more survival reasons, I can recommend the default build 1432 as well, especially if you're fire.

As far as other elements go, I've known people with fire/electric (myself included) and water/electric. Both combinations are excellent. Going by experience, fire/elec will have the most DoTs. It's fun to watch a weaker CT boss suffering from Hellfire, Phoenix Rising and Scorching Earth all at the same time. 8D Keep in mind I haven't tried Tesla Field as I haven't got it yet. As far as water/elec goes, well you got Shard.

Being PvM, I went with pure MA. But if you're gonna PvP/GvG and/or have the equips to make up the MA/LK, then by all means, go pure HP. :o If you're gonna go pure HP, then I'd probably recommend 1423 or hell, maybe even 1441 if you're crazy enough. XDDDD

Hopefully what I said helped and good luck~ :o

EDIT: Rawr, Snowberry ninja'd me!

Versalia 09-22-2012 09:31 PM

Plus repped Rarity and Snowberry.
I'm a PvP sheep. (I think LOL)
It helps, thank you so much.
So far, im leaning towards 1423 pure HP. :3

R 09-22-2012 11:36 PM

Build:
Sorry, but the only thing I don't disagree with in this thread is 1423 for your build (unless you have a good amount of MyShop; then go 1414). Pure HP, of course.

Elements:
Fire/Electricity or Water/Electricity. Either will work just fine. Dark Mages in general aren't meant to fight Light Mages, so you DO NOT need to compound anything for LK. You won't need LK in PvP.

Skills:
All Dark skills except for Withering Disease. Dark Distractor should be learned last, and the rest is up to you. None of your skills will have Dark Attribute in their formula - that's ONLY for some of the Dark Lord skills.

There are no Dark Hybrid Guides, also, as far as I'm aware. At least not on ggFTW.

wwwdots 09-23-2012 05:30 AM

luck use to be the most essital for pvp and most dominate against light and power but now consider how buff light has become, i find it rather useless. most u can do with dark is go all the way with hp equips debuff /suicide against the power type. and with all that hp u might not even have enough luck to debuff against all class. but if ur going grinding i think electric fire porbably still the best for all mage builds. but if u want to be boss focusin/pvp then electric water my personal fave. keep in mind when the skill glacier hits a target and apply electric spells it would mupltiply dmg at least x3 the amount. for pvm ma all the way and with about 200 luck should be ok on most things in game.

for skills i think dark lance, dark shield, blood testment, to max, rest kinda useless for pvm. snare and dark distractor good for pvp. gravity crush way too high of mp consumption and slow. hell fire this varies depends on if u need this skill at early lvs or if u pvp. but more then likely not since ur sheep and you get aoe skill earlier then dragons. with all the electric/fire/lance/arrow rush spaming u literaly have no time to use it.

as for build i disagree with all the above i persoanly like 1432 the best simply cause of the weight it provides. 1423 does provide wieght but not as much as i like since i like to carry ALOT of things with me and pick up w.e essiential so i dont have to run to bank. though u would have some trouble at early games with out dark shield. anyways i really hate runing to potion shop. normaly i carry 40 jewlery potion, and rest in my inventory are quest items, the less time u have to repot the more gridning time u have as well digging for things. imagine ur grindining somewhere far from potion shop and u have a booster on, every 20 min u run back if with out sprint and what if ur over weight? thats really annoying. if u have myshop ud face no problem with hp part but if u dont have it theres still decent equips for hp in game. actually with out ms in this game its really painful as hell no mattter what u do.

lastly dark lord vs dark witch. dark lord definitly stronger in terms of dark attirbutes however im sure grinding much much slower due to lack of aoe in early game, or hardly any? you would laso lack debuffs. in game there are equips that boosts dark skills.

Versalia 09-23-2012 08:30 AM

Thanks Care and wwwdots!
Plus repped both!

Now I'm just deciding on build..
1423 or 1432.
I guess it's a preference of weight or HP..

wwwdots 09-23-2012 09:22 AM

if u have ms 1423 and 1432 doesnt make a diference in terms of hp. if you dont a shield of 3k-5k hp from in game makes it all the same. the hp difference of base isnt signifigant between the 2. with out ms just cant pvp. for a pack rat like me, weight definitely is a important consideration, itd be nice to carry some hp potion for ur pvp power/charm teammate. if they outa potion u better spam ur cure like mad. and id never add weight compound to any of my equips, its a waste.

wondering why you prefer dark over light?

Versalia 09-23-2012 12:06 PM

Oh I want dark because I heard light gets boring.
And my friend convinced me to make a dark..
I'm really excited about it tbh.

Sakurah 09-23-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwwdots (Post 1770444)
wondering why you prefer dark over light?

'Cause it's fun to break out of the box once in a while. =D

I do agree with Vincere over hybrid light path getting boring after a while, I've a feeling once mine hits lv400, I'm not gonna want to touch her except for AFK drilling and CT. :x I've been playing my dark witch as of late tho.

R 09-23-2012 01:33 PM

@wwwdots; Um.. what? LK has nothing to do with any of your debuff skills.

1432 is terrible for PvP. Hellfire is also the strongest skill any Magic Type can get, if you pick up the passive skill, Wicked Flame, for it. Gravity Crush is a boss killer skill, and can also be good in PvP if you time it right (or simply stun the target before using it).

Light can do literally nothing better than Dark if you build your character correctly. The only advantage I see that Lights have is Shield of Heaven in PvM (NOT PvP). I own all Magic Type characters (except Priest and Dark Lord, because they suck), which are all 275 or higher (highest being my Dark Witch at 400), so I'm not saying any of this without experience.

Draft 09-23-2012 01:34 PM

Soul master and dark witch are a bit similar so I wouldn't say they are difficult to level. Spaces are what makes soul master different from other mages, since they are often used against bosses. I think you'll find your soul master gears useful to your dark witch.

I deleted my priest long time ago and now i'm not used to casting SoH every minute and using light shield.

No offense but I don't like SoH as it makes oath of light and other healing skills useless. Definitely try out a dark mage as they are pretty fun in PvP.

Edit: Pheonix and Wicked Flame can take down SoH since they work like best friends ;)

Versalia 09-23-2012 02:31 PM

I think I'm going 1423; fire/elec.
If I have anymore questions along the way;
I'll post them here!
Thanks for everyones input so far. :3

And I don't think I can build my witch wrong;
If I plan ahead which I always do

(:

wwwdots 09-24-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Care (Post 1770483)
@wwwdots; Um.. what? LK has nothing to do with any of your debuff skills.

1432 is terrible for PvP. Hellfire is also the strongest skill any Magic Type can get, if you pick up the passive skill, Wicked Flame, for it. Gravity Crush is a boss killer skill, and can also be good in PvP if you time it right (or simply stun the target before using it).

Light can do literally nothing better than Dark if you build your character correctly. The only advantage I see that Lights have is Shield of Heaven in PvM (NOT PvP). I own all Magic Type characters (except Priest and Dark Lord, because they suck), which are all 275 or higher (highest being my Dark Witch at 400), so I'm not saying any of this without experience.

electro attack the stun it provide it self is a debuff skill, glacier not sure on its accuracy if its high luck required or just random luck. like i said gravity crush its high mp consumption and slow 3 sec cast and 15 sec cool down, it does do dmg/kill but rather be using something else.

1432 terrible? what makes it so? base stat hardly means anything when 1 equip of ms comepletly changes everything.

put a dark vs light same luck and ma, pretty sure light knocks them out. theres more light out there more then anything seems. but because the nessisty of having hp as additonal part of equipment requirement, its less likely to dominate. if you are all arounded high stat, then thats just stat better not the class.

"I own all Magic Type characters (except Priest and Dark Lord, because they suck),"
i dont get it

Nikeos 09-24-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwwdots (Post 1770616)
base stat hardly means anything when 1 equip of ms comepletly changes everything.

Wrong. Base stats make a significant difference at higher levels.

wwwdots 09-24-2012 06:59 AM

base hp diference between the 2 at lv 400 is 3k, hv 25. 1 equip change all that...if its bettween 1423 and 1414 or 1441 then the difference would be much more signifigant.

i would like more of explination of what makes it signifigant

Versalia 09-24-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwwdots (Post 1770616)

"I own all Magic Type characters (except Priest and Dark Lord, because they suck),"
i dont get it

I think he means he has all the different magic characters; except priest and
DL. Aha.

Queen 09-24-2012 08:32 AM

/forum/1740958-post2310.html

Josh knows what he's talking about, d00d. Best dark witch in the game :py51:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.