ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Magic Type

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-26-2012   #41 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

Shard + Thunderbolt only works well against Shield of Heaven or something with high HP. But unfortunately it's currently glitched against Shield of Heaven (does no damage) and it's not going to do much on Charms unless they're too stupid to cast Mana Reflector. High HP Soul Master/Dark mage? Hah, no, because I'm apparently among the extremely few people who cares about not dying in one hit with those characters.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life
I was just trying to rebute the comment that 'Lights don't have HP' because it's obviously not the class' fault but the player's choice whether to wear HP equipment or not. But reading it back, perhaps I didn't achieve that lol.
It is the player's choice, but you can't blame them - Lights just don't have a need for HP. A balance of MA and HP doesn't help them nearly as much as it does a Dark mage, so it's always better to just stack MA as much as possible.

Quote:
I'm guessing with your Light mage against Charms you have problems with Skunk, and with Thief M's its the fact they break SoH so quickly?

Once a Light mage gets skunked, or anything that prevents them from recasting Shield of Heaven (Full House, Faint, etc.); it's pretty much over for them - as long as the "enemy" knows what they're doing.

Thief Masters are second best in destroying Shield of Heaven. First being Power Types, obviously.

Quote:
What two separate sets would a Light mage use? I'm guessing LK and MA?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwdots
i also find lions rather weak currently. theres just way to many factors to consider to even get a even comparison.
No, I believe people just don't build their characters correctly. I'm nowhere near knowledgeable with Lions, but I do know that they can pack quite a punch. I know two Lions that can easily do around 50k total with Double Shot in PvP.

Quote:
then you mention sense takes half the time to take out soh with its 10 sec cool down, then would take less time for them to hit urs. what we mages doing during that time? sit there and taking the hit or are we gonna 1-2 shot them?
Not quite sure what you're saying here. But most Sense Types have enough LK to dodge most hits from Magic Types, so yeah..

Quote:
.....just because they have nerfed luck, it does not mean luck seize to serve purpose in the game other wise they couldve just removed it from being part of a stat.
LK is not important for Dark mages. If you disagree, then go prove me wrong by building a pure LK Dark Hybrid or something.

Last edited by R; 09-26-2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Typo.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-29-2012   #42 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

wwwdots has a little shameless behaviour in the past

lion have to pack a punch, they have no form of shielding skill, cant take a hit from any class. so they have to kill before killed. well luck was their only form of shielding against mages and its something they dominated over, well now not so much. unless you suppose they go hp heavy as well not sure what good does it do. 50k total of double shot? hmm arent every other class can easly surpass that amount?

right sense specificly lions can get luck easier to dodge spells, but with that 3/7 arrow hits them how they gonna tank it? did u miss when u had to fight that 50k dmg lion or were u unable to 1 shot them?

i was a pure luck dark once when pvp/gvg was more popular. i had 3 sets of all luck, hp, ma all and served its purpose. then i siwtched to light, not gonna switch back and spend thousands of ms to prove a point. i was NOT saying dark witch shuld go full blown luck and nothign else. the point i was making luck still server a purpose. they just need enough to ensure the electric skill doesnt miss (or any other important skill) regardless what class they are facing. i was also pointing out light has the room to for luck, they could throw it into hv/ hp too if they like as their 2nd stat. and to think like lions, kill first instead of worrying taking a hit. regardles how much hp one has, enough dmg and enough accuracy to 1 shot. thats one really need.