ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Magic Type

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-24-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Nostalgic is on a distinguished road
Default Wizard Skill Build

Hi everyone,

I just wanted some help on my Wizard's skill build (I'm currently on level 131). I'm set on Light (for SoH and the AoEs) and I will probably pick up Fire + Lightning.

I'm starting off with:

Mana Arrow 10
Invincible Casting
Bottle of Mana 1
Cure 10
Mist of Mana Mastered
Arrow of Light 10
Mana Storm 10
Radiant Strike Mastered

And then I'm a bit stuck as to what to pick next... I've used up 80 TM points and I have 44 left. I'm not sure whether I'd need SoH right now - it takes over 30 points to get it mastered and I can get about 13k HP right now (with just under 300 MA without Mist) which I'm assuming is good enough for survivability (and damage).

Should I go for Light Wave, Scorching Earth (I heard this is now buggy) or Electro Attack? I would personally rule out Arrow Rush (I'm sick to death of it and I want to play the AoE game lol).

Thanks in advance and feel free to critique any part of my skill build.

As a side note, where is a good place to level up?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-24-2012   #2 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

ShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Vistrado
Class: fire/elec/dark wiz to_wizard
Level: 261
Guild: Astro Blitz

You can probably get by without soh for now if you want, your hp is solid enough to probably cure off the damage.

I'd probably take electro next and then scorching after, could probably work on soh after that.

Light wave can be good in places like fiesta but the aoe is awkward since it's sort of like a cone and the waves can be a bit picky about what they want to hit at times. I'd say hold off on this, the ma requirements for later fiestas are sort of steep for electro, so light wave can help there.

For leveling, I'd suggest floor 30 of chaos tower based on your ma. This is a pretty helpful guide line for the areas you might want to train in: /forum/magic-type/84...ma-needed.html

Last edited by ShinMegami; 08-24-2012 at 08:35 PM.

08-25-2012   #3 (permalink)
SunShine
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStory

BabySun has much to be proud ofBabySun has much to be proud ofBabySun has much to be proud ofBabySun has much to be proud ofBabySun has much to be proud ofBabySun has much to be proud ofBabySun has much to be proud ofBabySun has much to be proud ofBabySun has much to be proud of
IGN: BabySun l Keropii
Class: Baaaa
Level: ∞

Light wave can be put off until much later. with 13k HP getting SoH now is really not needed. I would recommend to learn and master electro attack with scorching earth. You shouldn't really rule out Arrow Rush. This is basically your strongest attack useful for bossing + pvp. If you have enough points start investing in SoH. Light shield will help you tank more without SoH. Your skills mainly depends on whether you're going to pvp/bosses/train/plvls.

08-25-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Nostalgic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinMegami
You can probably get by without soh for now if you want, your hp is solid enough to probably cure off the damage.

I'd probably take electro next and then scorching after, could probably work on soh after that.

Light wave can be good in places like fiesta but the aoe is awkward since it's sort of like a cone and the waves can be a bit picky about what they want to hit at times. I'd say hold off on this, the ma requirements for later fiestas are sort of steep for electro, so light wave can help there.

For leveling, I'd suggest floor 30 of chaos tower based on your ma. This is a pretty helpful guide line for the areas you might want to train in: /forum/magic-type/84...ma-needed.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySun
Light wave can be put off until much later. with 13k HP getting SoH now is really not needed. I would recommend to learn and master electro attack with scorching earth. You shouldn't really rule out Arrow Rush. This is basically your strongest attack useful for bossing + pvp. If you have enough points start investing in SoH. Light shield will help you tank more without SoH. Your skills mainly depends on whether you're going to pvp/bosses/train/plvls.
Thanks both of you. I'll defo pick up Electro Attack and Scorching Earth then. I don't plan on PvPing and I won't start bossing till later. Where else would you recommend I train? I can't seem to find any parties anywhere which makes the game a bit dull. Should I really just focus on quests?

Thanks.

08-25-2012   #5 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

You'll have to focus on quests and solo grinding if you want to level. Doing the Chaos Tower bosses daily are a great way to get easy EXP, however, you're likely to need Arrow Rush to kill most of them.

You can put off Arrow Rush for now, but if you're going to do any high level bossing, you'll need it since it's high damage, neutral, and reasonably spammable magic damage.