ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Magic Type

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-17-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Blyr is a jewel in the roughBlyr is a jewel in the roughBlyr is a jewel in the rough
Default Can't decide :S

Using FT while its available to test out new chars/builds to see which i want to make for myself.. Don't want to make too many new accs though :S

I have 1 dragon lv. 130/120 with no job change yet... probably going to make him dark lord..

going to make 1 sheep, hybrid.. cant decide if she should be dark/light or what elements...

mainly looking for fun pve/pvm builds . .

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-17-2012   #2 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution

Dark Lords are a bit challenging. You'll need some Dark Attribute on your equips for their attacks to really pack-a-punch. They only have 1 really "go-to" AoE as well, which is Ghostly Whisper (Luckily this skill is NOT effected by Dark Attribute, just MA). Only draw back is that you need to stand in place for it to work, so you won't be chaining many kills unless in fiesta or somewhere with a related spawn system.

They'r more of a single target killer. So most bosses will be a cake-walk.

As for a witch, I'd say the classis Fire/Electric is very fun to play as. Electro Attack can net up to 5 kills at once and has a very very short cooling time. Throw in a scorching field and you'll be racking up a good amount of kills per-second. Wether to go dark or light..well that's completely up to you. Though you are making a Dark Lord, why not make a Light Witch? You'll be happy with all the AoE's she can obtain AND your Shield of Heaven will keep her safe from heavy hits.

As for builds, I'd set their graphs up to how they're made by default. 1432. I've never changed it and Iv'e never had a problem. That 3 in sense really comes in handy for an extra luck boost. (instead of a 1414 or a 1423)

08-17-2012   #3 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the Dark Lord. They're probably one of the harder classes in the game because they need a GLS-worth of Dark Attr to make their third job skills stronger than Dark Lance (a bit sad if you ask me). They also suffer because of no SoH. I would not recommend a Dark Lord for your first Magic type or first character. Dark Hybrids are fine, but I wouldn't recommend a Dark Lord.

I personally think Wind/Earth/Dark, Fire/Electric/Light, and Wind/Earth or Water/Electric (if Soul Master) are the best four combinations for a Magic. Wind/Earth/Dark is good because Wind and Earth have the numerous AoEs that Dark lack, while Dark has the single target damage Wind and Earth lack. Fire/Electric/Light is the generic magic build because it's probably the most "easy-mode" Magic character. Water/Electric is good because Shard reduces Electric resistance which can turn Electric attacks into huge nukes.

If you're going Light, 1441. If you're going any other element without Light, you'll have to consider the amount of MyShop you have. 1423/1432 are more suited for Light-less elements if you have less MyShop. If you have plenty of MyShop and are willing to spend, go ahead and be 1441. I wouldn't recommend 1414 since you're not going to PvP, but if you are content either putting points into WT (3 MA/1 WT would be the best way) or are fine purchasing one or two MyShop pouches for the WT whenever they expire. Do not pick 1414 as a Light Magic type.

08-17-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Blyr is a jewel in the roughBlyr is a jewel in the roughBlyr is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Guys!
I'll probably just make 2 hybrids then.. I have a GLS (134%) from my bunny, she's still bossing tut too so I can probably get a few more if I needed to.. but the only reason I'd go pure 1v1 mage is for bossing, but like I said, I have a bunny for bossing

So I think I'll go light wizard then to get SoH early, and dark witch so I have plenty of aoes early on..

most deff. wind/earth/dark (because that's what I recently switched my sheep to and i'm loving it <33) still debating on fire or water/elec though for light, but thats ok, this is a much easier decision XD (probably fire/elec because I haven't done fire yet)

Very helpful

+rep