ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Magic Type

Lord of the Rings Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-02-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

hikotanzaki is on a distinguished road
IGN: Mirabella (MAH NEW CAT)
Class: Fire/Earth/Light Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 26
Default Extremely New to Sheep: A few Questions.

Hello Everyone. I've recently decided to come back and try playing Trickster again. It's a game I always thought was pretty cool, but, soon after I started getting into it, things came up, and I had to stop for a LOOOOONG time.

Last I played, I had a Fox and Lion at around 70/80 (Both 2nd Job), and I was enjoying myself.

Though, I had also started a Sheep, and gotten to level 34. I came back, literally yesterday to find the Fast-Track Event, and thought it'd be fun to go with a char I had wanted for awhile, a Fire/Earth/Light Witch. So, I did.

I have NO idea what I'm doing though, so I figured I'd get more of my basic questions out of the way.

I've been following Shiki's Guide for Sheep, and reading through a lot of things, though I lack actual experience.

1. I'm not exactly sure, so I figured I'd go back through and do all of the quests I could. Even if unnecessary, (Aside from the episode quests), I figure it'd be fun, and it'd be a chance to stock up on extras for other characters. Is this a bad idea? o.o

2. What should I be doing for training? As far as attack skills go, I've got Mana Arrow + Arrow Rush, Whirlwind Blaze, Cleaving Terra, and Scorching earth. While it won't matter at first (Seeing as I'm currently finishing up the very first Key Quest on said Sheep) , are there any tips to actually using these skills? For example, I just realized the AoE's did not have to be cast directly on top of a monster. I guess little things like that.

3. Would I need to upgrade my equips anytime soon? I'm using the free equips from the event. On that same topic, while I get the basic stats I need to focus on when compounding, what kind of items should I be looking for to compound onto my equipment? The typical stat stones, or the more specific items? Not really sure of the difference, as I've barely compounded past the tutorial.

I THINK that's all I have for now. Sorry for the text wall, but, I'd like to get to know the class better, and Just the game in general.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-02-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved

1 - no, do them if you like. I personally hate quests, but that is just me.
2 - Chaos Tower is pretty newbie friendly as long as you can get inside. The floors with single staging areas rather than the ones with multiple levels connected by stairs are the best bet. Other options include Path to Oops until 69, Phantom Washroom until 100 or so. After 130, other options, which may require MS, include Kerbs until 216, Coal Soldiers until 226, Gold Beetles until 261 and after 321, and Ice Bears until 321. Do the party quests with friends or alternate characters too, especially those at the mines, they do give a lot of experience.
3 - You might need some MS equipments, particularly capes, accessories, pets, masks and floating equips. If you do buy them stay with them until 40+ levels, no need to update too soon. Much of the MA will be provided by the weapon though, the good ones are all found inside the game, though they can cost a lot. Powerful and Altiverse weapons, namely. Comp everything for MA. HP or LK if MA is not possible.

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~

08-02-2012   #3 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Cleavinbg Terra and scorching earth can work incredibly well together if you know how to do it properly. Basically use terra to lure monsters into your scorching earth, however you need to make sure the monsters are not too far away. This is good for maps such as fiesta but not so good for the maos tht Recette has mentioned (sadly those you pretty much need to ohko everything to do well there). A more low MA freindly map is CT floor 44, this map is good until 280ish. Cleaving with enough MA will clear who fields of monsters. You can use lightwave when it is cooling down (but will need to learn to aim it properly) if you do not want to try radiant srtike. This skill hits less targets but it is much easier to aim.