ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Magic Type

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-16-2012   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

Azumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant future
IGN: Nerdy
Class: All Nerdy Classes to_boxer
Level: All Nerdy lvs
Guild: Nerd(Pure)flux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikeos
For a pvm build, it sounds awfully wasteful to me. HP and DP aren't hard to get and it's not like you need a ton of either to get by. I have never added HP to anything beside my shields for my Soul Masters and I haven't ever had a problem surviving. It's not like I have an insane amount of HP or DP either - I run around with 17k HP/4k DP on Nikeos and 14k HP/~4k DP on Eyr.

At level 250, you'd only gain 7,470 HP over 57 MA, which adds 82 MA buffed. Not worth the MA loss, imo.
Wait, 1441 = 4 sense 4 Ma right?

Right now, my SM and dark sheep have like 25k - 40k HP They are of different levels of course. But well... doing CT daily. I really think HP is necessary.
20k HP is way too low. And before I changed my build for my dark and SM (They were 4sense4magic pure MA) it was annoying when I faint at 72F boss sometimes.

Checking of my own equips... for SM.
Build is 4 sense 4 magic. All pts into HP.

Cane is MA
Shield (I didn't compound it yet) But it can be either LK or HP.
Hat is MA
Accessory 1 is MA
Accessory 2 is HP
Cape is either LK or HP or MA
Face is HP
Head is MA
Pet is MA
Sprint don't have real stats
In-wear is either MA or HP
My WT is always at like 40% ish.

It still kills fast, accuracy is neat, WT is super and I worry less about fainting.

Last edited by Azumarill; 07-16-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-16-2012   #22 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

I don't agree with starting over on a completely new server :<
1. You have to buy all your equips again
Temper them
Compound them
Refine them
Open up Altiverse boxes hoping for a nice potential....
2. You start out with no one to talk to.
It would be better if you could start over with a friend.
I never liked starting over. Redoing all the quests and spend more Cash on myshop. What I do is on one account i share my Mage set with all 3 of my Characters.
3. Don't Leave Jewelia! :< We all are gonna miss you.

07-16-2012   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

lMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the rough
IGN: lEmmie/lMina(Duelist)
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 22x-20x/24x-2xx
Guild: SilentMoon
Xfire: ??? ._.

Can't say much about the choose in Witch/SM since I asked myself those questions here too some weeks ago (decided to go Water/Elec/Light since I never played a Sheep and wanted a new experience).
But! I was in Jewelia and started now on Fantasia. Not sure if it is really a pain to start a Sheep from scratch, probably it is and I could be better but I've been doing 'fine' with the in-game equipments I get (still waiting to see how I will pass through the 3rd job trials).
I had some nice equipment to start a new chara in Jewelia, also enough money to buy anything I wanted for lower levels (which now, I can't that easily), but I just changed. Almost regreted it but now, I don't that much. Jewelia started to annoy me with all the market prices and I wanted to try and see if I could do better in Fantasia due to the lower prices. And also, if I stayed in Jewelia I would just go and grab everything with my main higher level and didn't drill/hunt anything with my Sheep (which I thought it was hard to play in Jewelia 'cause I almost didn't pratice with it but now I love her <3).
And if you ever go to Fantasia I wouldn't mind being friends, love to meet new ppl too :3 But just to say I think maybe it's not that hard and you could try and see it. If you don't like well, just try again in Jewelia?

07-16-2012   #24 (permalink)
MARINA
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of
IGN: Versalia

Plus repped Colden and Mina.

07-16-2012   #25 (permalink)
MARINA
Games

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of

I think I'm going to go pure HP and LK and make up for MA in equips. 1441 sounds nice.
@Colden. Aw I'll miss you too. But I think I'm staying on Jewelia. I prolly won't recharge lots.
@Mina. There are lots of ppl I want to meet on Fanta.. but starting over.. meh.

07-16-2012   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

Azumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant future
IGN: Nerdy
Class: All Nerdy Classes to_boxer
Level: All Nerdy lvs
Guild: Nerd(Pure)flux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincere
I think I'm going to go pure HP and LK and make up for MA in equips. 1441 sounds nice.
There is really no need to add pts in LK unless you PvP.
Btw, there are people from Jewelia that dual servers. You could always start slow in Fanta while still being active in Jewelia. :3

07-16-2012   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

lMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the rough
IGN: lEmmie/lMina(Duelist)
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 22x-20x/24x-2xx
Guild: SilentMoon
Xfire: ??? ._.

Quote:
If you have friends in Jewelia probably I would say to stay there :3 I only changed 'cause my friends didn't play anymore and it was getting harder to know new people too. So I just asked a friend to play with me and decided to see how fantasia was.

07-16-2012   #28 (permalink)
MARINA
Games

Oh o: I know I'll join Fantasia. One day.

07-16-2012   #29 (permalink)
MARINA
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumarill
There is really no need to add pts in LK unless you PvP.
Btw, there are people from Jewelia that dual servers. You could always start slow in Fanta while still being active in Jewelia. :3
I'm not good at that LOL. Like I'm indecisive. Like if I pick a main that'd my main. I like I can't stick with more than one. There has to be just one.. I'M SO WEIRD. LOL D:

07-16-2012   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved

Quote:
@Colden. Aw I'll miss you too. But I think I'm staying on Jewelia. I prolly won't recharge lots.
HP is a fairly good decision, but I would not put a single stat point in LK if I were you.

Just for reference, the top Chaos Tower boss needs 350 LK or so to be consistently hit, and that is not extremely hard to get. Anything else in the game will need less.

To give you an idea, at level 200, assuming pure LK, you will be getting only 49 LK, 29 if splitting stats. 49 MA from a pure MA build can be substantial to get one hit KOs, 6k HP from a pure HP build helps if you do not have a lot of resources to up your charm stats elsewhere, but 49 LK is overkill in most places.

Regarding the blessings, if you are thinking about them, the skills are not very useful overall so LK just for them is not advisable.

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~

07-16-2012   #31 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recette
Regarding the blessings, if you are thinking about them, the skills are not very useful overall so LK just for them is not advisable.

I agree with this.
The formula is (AC+LK)*8 for each blessing, and they are subject to MD and tolerance (which can get below 50% on the higher floors). Whilst the monsters has high DX, I really do not think it's worth it.

One of my pet peeves in the game is when a soulmaster goes through Blood Trial 2 with their blessings on and zerks all the bats.

I've seen blessings do ok for finishing off monsters and in PVP (to a charm type) but I don't pvp and I wonder rather cast another skill; I just skipped them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I shall place myself in the pure MA boat. This is your first character on a server, you will have the knowledge from the other server (which will help quite a bit, it helped me when I started fantasia, I had my sister playing there and used her gset until 180). You may be able to get some help with gears from fellow ggftw members so it may not be as hard but you will not easily be able to get top-of-the-line equipment until you build up a little bit of cash, so the ma will be a huge help throughout the game.

When you have more gear, feel free to make a more unconventional build for your second character.

07-16-2012   #32 (permalink)
MARINA
Games

plus repped El o:
My final question is:
What elements. qAq

07-16-2012   #33 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Water/Electric is nice.
But I personally like Wind/Earth. Its fun, fast, and friendly

07-16-2012   #34 (permalink)
MARINA
Games

I go to PvP a lot to troll my friends... 8D
My current SM is water/elec..
I think I might go and try that again.

07-16-2012   #35 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
I go to PvP a lot to troll my friends... 8D
My current SM is water/elec..
I think I might go and try that again.
Water/elec is definitely the best for all your circumstances mixed together. Great for PvP, great for starting out from scratch, great for PvE, nothing horrendously bad about it .

07-16-2012   #36 (permalink)
MARINA
Games

Thanks everyone who helped me with this. <3 Plus repped all that I could.