ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Magic Type

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-09-2012   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Pandorina is on a distinguished road
IGN: Pandorina | Cosmarion
Class: Sheepeh to_soulmaster
Level: 2xx | 19x
Guild: Koala Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almora
All I can say is that aim for 300 luck in general PvE(400 for CT) and you'll do fine. As for your level, you pretty much have the right requirements at the 190 range, you're good. As you get higher near endgame, you should aim for a general 20-25k HP(can be less if you have tons of MA or if you don't boss), 300+ LK, ~3k DP and 100-ish HV.
Sounds good!
The 3k DP will be do-able with a higher level shield and maybe a good helm, I guess, and HP will go up automatically too with that.
I'm 1432, so her health is naturally lower than it would be with 3 or 4 Charm, but I really wanted some decent LK and DA, and I enjoy both quite a bit, so no regrets there.
Thank you so much for your advice, that really came in handy with my choices what to go for next and with figuring out what may be my main problems! (:

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare
If you don't mind grinding, CT 44 works great for SMs. Get a party and the spawn rate goes berserk. I soloed whenever possible, as well. Wind/earth SM here. I had an altiverse twist shield and and staff (upgraded both when I leveled, but I honestly didn't need to as I was still ohkoing there) and did CT 44 until 238, which is what I am now. So going on 100 levels almost on the same CT floor. The mobs have low AC and if you really want the experience, grinding is a good option.
I haven't tried 44 yet, to be honest, and the stupid exploding werepots on high floors scare me a bit; I've been grinding with my priest friend on floor 36 (that's Freyja I think?) mostly, and we've been quite effective there with boosters and TM pots so far. Exp has been getting slower as of late though, so I guess we'll have to move on to 44 sometime soon-ish..
Low AC sounds good, though, and leveling till 238 seems like a nice way to go. ;> we may be able to fill up to a royal with afkers, but we will see about that.
Thanks for the advice!

Pandorina - Soul Master - Lv. 200
Cosmarion - Dark Lord - Lv. 210

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-09-2012   #22 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare
If you don't mind grinding, CT 44 works great for SMs. Get a party and the spawn rate goes berserk. I soloed whenever possible, as well. Wind/earth SM here. I had an altiverse twist shield and and staff (upgraded both when I leveled, but I honestly didn't need to as I was still ohkoing there) and did CT 44 until 238, which is what I am now. So going on 100 levels almost on the same CT floor. The mobs have low AC and if you really want the experience, grinding is a good option.

I just refined the shield to about 5 or so (don't recall) and the staff went all the way to 9 without breaking @_@ but the MA req at CT mobs is really low still at 44 (I was way overkilling). It's a great alternative to questing if you don't mind grinding, but at that point it becomes preference.
I shall second this opinion for this grinding spot. I however was doing it on a lvl 200 fire/lightning soulmaster. However, I was not using scorching at all, so I was ultimately doing what you will do. Grinding with a bracer, doing extreme training with a 30% party boost gave me about 1 level every 25 mins. If I knew the correlation between exp and HP of a monster I would be able to approximate the MA required, however I do not know it.
Extreme traing takes about 5 mins per round and gives 3% exp. If you gcan get a friend to loot the integers that would be nice exp too.

I think everything I want to say has already been said. I could reccomend getting a tenter lion shield at lvl 210 if you do not get a flash bat shield, and you can find a lender that trusts you.
Dealing with guardbreak is where you will require your dp. Top if with a decent hit and run strategy and you should be find. I have not played water lightning for about 4 years and never got passed 180 with it...

And werepots.... When you hit 37 you do not need to do all the mqs to get to 43, just walk run there and reqister. However you will have to do the MQs eventually.

Last edited by Nebula; 07-09-2012 at 03:50 AM.

07-09-2012   #23 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyEl
Dealing with guardbreak is where you will require your dp.
Ehh I can't say this is true for all situations when dealing with GB.

It's overall better to have higher HP than DP, and a mix of both is best. However, HP is still the first priority and I'll explain why.
  • Boss monsters & mini bosses at higher levels start to have crazy amounts of AP, coupled with elemental attribute, which makes it even deadlier. They hit like a truck even when rusted. Plus, if you're GB'd and rusted only the boss, the other surrounding summons will finish you like a cakewalk.
  • The sheer raw amount needed to get hit 0's/0 crits in the whole game, including boss monsters would exceed at least 15k+ DP(resists are a whole different story). Not all characters can get this much, except a select few and SM's aren't necessarily the tankiest charas in the game.
  • HP is generally easier to stack than DP for characters on low budget and holds true for all types of people too.

So in saying that, with the enormous amounts of AP monsters hold as base at higher levels, trying to get enough DP to get hit for minimum damage is incredibly difficult and will require a ton of MS in repairs and upgrades. Whereas with HP, it's effortless and you can just scrape up some cheap high level, 3s eq and comp HP on every single piece to get a nice hefty amount. It doesn't matter if the comps suck, as long as you have enough to withstand several hits.
And for example, 30k HP is so much easier to get than 5k DP, you know where I'm getting at?

---

So all in all, here's to sum up:

-It pretty much is useless to rely solely on super high DP with barely any HP to support you because it can only go so far and will literally become obsolete at higher levels.
-It's not a normal everyday thing you see a level 190 SM running around with 7k DP needed for 0's at black swamp under GB.
-And if you do decide to stack 15k+ DP on a SM, the funds needed to get there would equate to at least 150k in HP.
-It's best to have high HP & DP overall.
AND ->
High HP only = Recommended for everyone when dealing with GB, especially if you're limited on funds, it's real easy to stack. Other than that, this also applies to people who have funds too.
High DP only = not recommended in high levels. May be okay at lower levels, but it's generally not recommended. Not many non-light mages run around with level 13 helms and shields at that level.
High HP & DP = Best mix recommended for everyone. HP is still more important and comes first though.

=)

Last edited by Almora; 07-09-2012 at 03:56 PM.

07-09-2012   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Azhinal has a spectacular aura aboutAzhinal has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Azhinal
Class: Goat to_soulmaster
Level: 225

If you're still doing mine PQs, then here's a protip:

Don't use blessings there. (Shudderd at those zerkers)

07-10-2012   #25 (permalink)
ღ 愛わいつも。<3
Games
Eden EternalPangyaTrickster OnlineLeague of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

Sunniiee is a jewel in the roughSunniiee is a jewel in the roughSunniiee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Sunniiee Send a message via Skype™ to Sunniiee
IGN: Seyeumi ☕
Class: Mid, Adc, Support to_soulmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandorina
Any player who has worked on leveling a Soulmaster before will most likely know what i'm talking about.

So I would like to start a general discussion / question on how to prevent a soulmaster from dying.

I have a Water/Elec Soulmaster on 194 (currently), who has been working with half cash, half ingame equipment so far, and who is still dying way too much for my taste - although she is sporting a decent (imo) 1.8k DP and 15k HP at the moment. Her Block isn't too bad with about 220 Luk either, as far as I can tell, but I've had little possibility to compare her to other sheeps her level, really.

How have you guys come to terms with the problem of dying? Just accepted it as a normal part of being a Soulmaster, what with the lack of Light Shield / Shield of Heaven / Dark Barrier? Dug up some super awesome shields / inner wear / whatever to make DP go to unimagined heights?

Any opinion / idea / experience is welcome, I would just love to find a way around the ongoing deaths in Mine Quests etc. :3
Honestly, I've never had severe dying problems on my SM even while i had half MS half ingame eq. (I made my first Sm after getting hacked & had to rebuild). Here's why:

I picked up a blood shield pretty cheap and even before that I had a high-leveled ult shield that worked really well with pretty decent compounded HP. (This was before altiverse came out, so now alti would be even better). I had no head item/mask from MS at the time and used a blood eye patch. Now, you can use the I<3D head access if you had gotten it from item packs. I also heal faster than anyone I know on both servers, so that could attribute to the lack of the dying issue...so maybe you might want to check out your latency and get enough HP to where you don't get ohkod easily. Also, when battling a CT boss that ohko'd me i kept my distance and spammed electroshock on it, and eventually I won after only like 3 tries. Now I also picked up a cat sprint which really really helped with my HP issue so now I easily have 20-30k HP with decent LK and 1k + ma on a low-2xx SM. I also picked up a blood earring (before I got a flash bat ring) for HP. When my hp was stable enough I started swapping HP for MA. I found that having MA/HP was a lot more useful to me in PvM than having LK. Even on higher-LK bosses such as Odinea/Soki I can take them down extremely easily with very little LK.