ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Magic Type

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-03-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

KiehlHyre is on a distinguished road
Default Priest or Wizzard?

What are the advantages of each path respectively? As i recently began to be interested in bards and their OP AoEs... And can get easily radiant and SoH as a wizard which are basically the most powerful priest skills.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-03-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

Azumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant future
IGN: Nerdy
Class: All Nerdy Classes to_boxer
Level: All Nerdy lvs
Guild: Nerd(Pure)flux

Priest if you like to help other players. (Imo, that is pretty much it with Priests)
Their skills looks nice. :3
Their 3rdjob AoE can hit many targets, but slower cool-down. IMO, Priest is kind of hard to grind with because thier AoEs cool down time is too long. BUT - the new skills should arrive eventually -I don't know when- and apparently Priest is able to learn a skill that reduces the cool down of skills. So you might want to consider this too. :3

Wizards, depending on your elements may or may not be stronger than Priest.
As I know, if you are going Light + Fire + Elec.

Wiz are better, that is having access to good Aoe + 3 Damage over time skills + powerful single target + OK cool down + SoH. (If you are dark instead of light, you will get additional DoT and more powerful single target skills, but no SoH. But they grind just was well.)

The same with Water + Elec + Light/Dark. They have better combos because shard of glacier can reduce electric resist.

I'm not sure about other elements.

08-02-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

KiehlHyre is on a distinguished road

Bringing a small update to ask for a wizard TM path suggestion for Fire/Elec/Light. With the fast track event i was able to make a Wizard to pair with my nice priest.

08-03-2012   #4 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

ShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Vistrado
Class: fire/elec/dark wiz to_wizard
Level: 261
Guild: Astro Blitz

Skill build is in the spoiler along with some babbling regarding my reasoning, probably not the best build but think my wiz followed something along these lines.

Spoiler!

Last edited by ShinMegami; 08-03-2012 at 01:02 AM.

08-03-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

MiKyung is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kume/iKetsuna/iPlantChan
Class: Wizard/Duelist/Soul Master to_soulmaster
Level: 241/185/14x
Guild: .:Saranghaeyo:.

With fast track I made a new Priest and DL to roam the side of my Wizard. But I do think that my wizard is stronger than a Priest. I find that the elemental and light combination to be good. The AoEs make it easier to train and just stupid silly things like that. But its also helpful to plvl another char if you please. I agree that Light/Fire/Elec is the best bet. But Light/Wind/Earth also has many AoEs and are just as strong.

08-03-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved

Wizards own Priests in everything. Not enough skills to perform decently on PvP, and they are not very strong either, and the AoEs lose badly against the skills a Light Wizard (or even Dark, for that matter) have available.

Regarding elements each have they advantages and disadvantages, but Wind/Earth is strictly PvM only. Fire/Electric performs well in both PvM and PvP. In PvM, they are more or less equals, with Wind having the advantage early on, and Fire/Electric having the advantage later on the game.

The only thing that Priests are better are in healing others, but the gameplay is such that the need for a healer is next to zero except in close PvP matches.

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~