ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Magic Type

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-31-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Starlaxy is a glorious beacon of lightStarlaxy is a glorious beacon of lightStarlaxy is a glorious beacon of lightStarlaxy is a glorious beacon of lightStarlaxy is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Antagonist
Class: Champion to_champion
Level: 29x
Guild: Loki's Army
Default Priest vs. Dark Lord

Hey guys~ I'm really undecided on what I'm going to do with my dragon. I have had a light hybrid Wizard before, and currently have a light Witch. Generally, I'm only interested in Priest or DL.

So I want to know a little bit more about both classes. I'm not concerned about PvP, as I don't do it anyhow. I'm not really concerned about bossing, either.

Basically, I'm wondering how well they do in CT. And generally how well each class handles itself in PvE, if that makes any sense. x.x

Something to keep in mind: I don't have access to MS. So I'll have to make-do with the equips my Witch used/uses (so I'll be fine up to ~215 or so, I think).

I hope that all made sense. ._.

Edit: I do have HP innerwear and shields (Dragon vest 190 with 5.7k HP, and a flash bat shield with 5.7k HP).
Archaevia - 13x Thief Master - '06-'13

See you around.

Sprite by Rydia. <3

Last edited by Starlaxy; 05-31-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-31-2012   #2 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Alluria Fior
Class: DRK
Guild: Discourse <SALT>

If you're using your light witch's equips, Priest.

If you're willing to make a good altiverse shield and I'd personally recommend an HP alti accessory as well with decent MA. The boss accessories/shields work well too. They have decent MA base but if you're looking for more/can afford it alti would be better overall. Personally I plan on using an Ice Nail and the Amelie 180 acc.

After writing the Priest/DL builds, DL looks like it has a lot more neat skills than Priest, personally. They get the giant glowy pillars of doom and DLs get a lot of neat snares/damage boosts/unique skills. Almost all of their skills are really useful, writing it made me want to make one personally, but I have my SMs gear prepped if I ever wanted to anyway (or just defrost my witch and swap to dark)

05-31-2012   #3 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlaxy
Hey guys~ I'm really undecided on what I'm going to do with my dragon. I have had a light hybrid Wizard before, and currently have a light Witch. Generally, I'm only interested in Priest or DL.

So I want to know a little bit more about both classes. I'm not concerned about PvP, as I don't do it anyhow. I'm not really concerned about bossing, either.

Basically, I'm wondering how well they do in CT. And generally how well each class handles itself in PvE, if that makes any sense. x.x

Something to keep in mind: I don't have access to MS. So I'll have to make-do with the equips my Witch used/uses (so I'll be fine up to ~215 or so, I think).

I hope that all made sense. ._.

Priests do better in general PvE than DL's because of more AoE's. DL's are better than priests at some traditional training spots.

Priests take forever to kill in CT and sometimes need help. They do quite well in outside bossing. DL's have a better and easier time in CT due to strong attacks, since obviously they're the powerhouse route compared to a supportive priest. They only have Odinea as a problem in outside bossing, but other than her, they also do quite well.

05-31-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Starlaxy is a glorious beacon of lightStarlaxy is a glorious beacon of lightStarlaxy is a glorious beacon of lightStarlaxy is a glorious beacon of lightStarlaxy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelie
If you're using your light witch's equips, Priest.

If you're willing to make a good altiverse shield and I'd personally recommend an HP alti accessory as well with decent MA. The boss accessories/shields work well too. They have decent MA base but if you're looking for more/can afford it alti would be better overall. Personally I plan on using an Ice Nail and the Amelie 180 acc.

After writing the Priest/DL builds, DL looks like it has a lot more neat skills than Priest, personally. They get the giant glowy pillars of doom and DLs get a lot of neat snares/damage boosts/unique skills. Almost all of their skills are really useful, writing it made me want to make one personally, but I have my SMs gear prepped if I ever wanted to anyway (or just defrost my witch and swap to dark)
Ahh, actually, I do have HP shields. I should edit that into my first post. I have a 4.2k HP blood shield, and a really nice 5.7k HP flash bat shield (it's unrefined, and I need to work up the DP/MD a bit). I've also got a 5.7k HP innerwear for 190. x.x

I could probably afford some decent altiv. accessories as well (I only have a flash bat ring on my sheep). A lot of my better equips are just higher leveled (200+), so I'm a little worried about survivability as a DL until 180 (when he can use my blood shield).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almora

Priests do better in general PvE than DL's because of more AoE's. DL's are better than priests at some traditional training spots.

Priests take forever to kill in CT and sometimes need help. They do quite well in outside bossing. DL's have a better and easier time in CT due to strong attacks, since obviously they're the powerhouse route compared to a supportive priest. They only have Odinea as a problem in outside bossing, but other than her, they also do quite well.
Hm~ Priests being a bit slow on CT is a bit of a downside. Though, outside bossing really isn't a concern to me, as I only go with my champion.

I've also heard that Priests end up somewhat boring later on...? That doesn't really surprise me, but I'm wondering if that's anyone else's opinion.

See you around.

Sprite by Rydia. <3

05-31-2012   #5 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it does get boring for me. Coming from a light witch perspective, you're always under SoH, hearing the jingling of light shield and don't have much variety in attacks. You'll mostly being spamming radiant, light wave and celestial. Though I find celestial the only exciting thing about them, besides getting to heal people in PvP 8D

06-01-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to behold
IGN: MOEMiyuki
Class: Witch to_sheep
Level: 314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almora

Not only queen, CountBlood too xD

06-01-2012   #7 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOEMiyuki
Not only queen, CountBlood too xD
Oh yeah, TOTALLY forgot xD I stopped hunting blood a long time so that's why I forgot

06-01-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

So basically, I'd be better off... not bossing with a dragon.
This is okay with me. xD

Is Celestial the giant pillars of light? Because I have to say, that skill looks badass. lol

See you around.

Sprite by Rydia. <3

06-01-2012   #9 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlaxy
So basically, I'd be better off... not bossing with a dragon.
This is okay with me. xD

Is Celestial the giant pillars of light? Because I have to say, that skill looks badass. lol
Yup, it looks like huge fat white pillars of thick light. Searing Light is like multiple light arrows AoE and you fly with it too lol, but you can't with celestial.

06-01-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

If I picked classes purely on aesthetics, I'd end up a priest. That skills so cool looking.

Still looking for others' opinions on the playing style of either class~

See you around.

Sprite by Rydia. <3

07-15-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

darkiller is on a distinguished road

hmm... i'm a 14x DL and one thing i envy much about priests is their mobbing skills. DL have powerful attacks that pretty much 1hko everything, but in terms of mobbing skills we only have like gravity crush, which doesnt seem like the easiest skill to use - only got a few points in it now.

priest skills are also very very pretty and flashy...

just my 2 cents worth

07-16-2012   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say go priest. Go with full attacking build and you'll be THE GOD

07-16-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

This is... a pretty old thread, and I've long since picked a path. ;x

Thanks, though.

See you around.

Sprite by Rydia. <3