ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Magic Type Guides

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-18-2010   #1 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is Light Wave worth getting?

Sup. 18x/19x Light/Water/Wind Witch here. I have Whirlwind as my "only" aoe right now. Would getting Light Wave be okay for mobbing? Or does it still suck and I should just stick to Whirlwind and perhaps get Radiant Strike instead?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-18-2010   #2 (permalink)
Tarpzilla
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseHello Kitty OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffMr. ggFTW

Seru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond repute

Light wave has an amazing aoe. Though it's really erratic, so I would get Radiant Strike instead.

Everyday I look into the mirror in my room and realize that I need a step stool. B> height ;_;

11-18-2010   #3 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

+Rep for speedy response. Though, in that case, it would good for Fiesta, right?

11-18-2010   #4 (permalink)
Tarpzilla
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseHello Kitty OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffMr. ggFTW

Seru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond repute

It would be amazing for the mobs in fiesta. Though Radiant is still the better skill in the long run imo.

Everyday I look into the mirror in my room and realize that I need a step stool. B> height ;_;

11-18-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

To be honest, I would never rely on Light Wave as a regular grinding/mobbing skill. The AoE range is indeed fantastic but "erratic" is just the right way to describe it. On most maps, 60% of the time it doesn't hit as many monsters as you think it would. It's a great skill if you know where to use it. Kerberos and Bats, for example, are great for it. Kerberos, especially, is probably the best map I can think of to make the most of LW. It doesn't work as well in the mines and in Fiesta... it all depends on how dense the mobs are. Don't even bother if they are spread out. :x

11-18-2010   #6 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games

Thanks, Ameh. Guess I'll keep it for Kerberos... though not sure if I'll ever find a decent party there.

Sticking to Windblade for Fiesta lul.

11-18-2010   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Wystner is a glorious beacon of lightWystner is a glorious beacon of lightWystner is a glorious beacon of lightWystner is a glorious beacon of lightWystner is a glorious beacon of lightWystner is a glorious beacon of light

Shano!

You generally won't find parties anywhere anymore unless you or a friend are AFKing alts, but Kerbs are fast enough that you don't really need one anyways.

Personally I don't like light wave, it's a freaking turtle with its 2 second cast, which allows the mobs to shuffle around a bit. If you have enough MA to one shot kerbs with wind blade then just stick to that.

Bats are wind resist however, so if you want to grind them you'll probably be using light wave.

Last edited by Wystner; 11-19-2010 at 12:06 AM.

11-19-2010   #8 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

I always thought that Light Wave has the same AoE as Electro Shock, except that it's way bigger and hits way more enemies?

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

11-19-2010   #9 (permalink)
Guild Leader

Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
IGN: SharpFire/SharpLight/-PL
Level: 351/277/213
Guild: ~Euphoria~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torikakae
I always thought that Light Wave has the same AoE as Electro Shock, except that it's way bigger and hits way more enemies?

No. Electro basically hits 4 monsters closest to the one you target, regardless of where they are.

LW hits in a randomly weird cone shape behind your initial target, but even that isn't always accurate.
??? 264/260 Gladiator
??? 221/210 Mercenary
??? 212/207 Scientist
...and many more

02-03-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

namichan01 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to namichan01
IGN: namichan01
Class: Sword Master ftw

yes its worth getting combination of light wave + radient strike is good

02-04-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is almost the same as Lacerator (have I spelled it right? I meant 2nd job buffalo skill). So you could just create a buffalo and try it out, it only requires TM 55 and it's so easy to reach now. See if you like it, practise a bit and you're good to go with LW.

02-04-2012   #12 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

...why the mega-necro?

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

02-04-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

What..? I don't get what you're saying...

02-04-2012   #14 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Tama Ashenstone
Class: SMN, SCH

Necro is bumping up an old thread, you're not supposed to do that.

Guides are okay to necro so long as it's relevant... to an extent (I have specifically asked about keeping my guides bumped over the really dumb necros, it's okay). Bumping all these MT guides really needs to stop, though. It makes me need to unnecessarily bump mine so there's an updated guide at the top.

This however, is a question and not a guide and warrants no bump.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589