ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Magic Type Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
05-31-2012   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Evalyn Fior
Class: DRK/MNK/LTW
Guild: HoCD
Default Kyzuumi's Ultimate Dragon Guide

This guide will be for pure Dragons of both paths!

It will take a few days - week to complete this guide, posted on 5/31

I will post updates here if anyone cares to keep track
  • Potential Dark TM builds done
  • Pretty sure Dark build is done
  • Priest build has been done herp

Navigate
All About the Basics
Builds Graphs and Stats
The Dark Path
The Light Path

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307, Crusader Main
World of Warcraft US Allure, Holy Paladin <Taurential Reign>
FFXIV Evalyn Fior, Excalibur NA
Nintendo 3DS 4511 - 0825 - 1589 // Wii U tmikucki

Last edited by Queen; 06-03-2012 at 04:09 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-31-2012   #2 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute

All About the Basics

The Dark Lord
Dark Lords sacrifice their defenses for great, single-target magic attacks. They have access to some of the most powerful single-target magic attacks in the game and are masters at snaring and slowing down their opponents. It may take a bit of effort to help them survive, but it surely pays off in the end.
The Priest
Priests are centered around the way of light and attacking with light attribute spells. From summoning a holy arrow to pillars of light, there's nothing that isn't flashy about a Priest. They also have access to Shield of Heaven, making you literally an impregnable force, able to smite everything while remaining unscathed. With Celestial Strike, it's power increase for every offensive light spell you have, and as a Priest you have to your disposal many live-saving party heals for GvG or running Chaos Tower with friends.
More on Trickster Online
Trickster is a Fantasy 3D-Isometric point-and-click MMO featuring 4 general class types and each with a unique gender-class. Dragons have the option to follow the pure dark, pure light, or study the path of a sheep when advancing to their 3rd jobs.

The experience system works in two ways, base experience (the kind that levels you up so sweet new gear) and TM experience (the kind that tends to level slower until higher levels, and allows you to learn and master new skills). Just about everything gives base experience (only), but to get TM experience you can complete Card Collection Riddles, TM Monster Quests from Love Hunter Robin, and any town daily quest (they'll have a TM bubble over their heads).

The game is divided into three jobs, first job is your default (for dragons, the shaman). You can advance to second job with base level 50 and TM level 40 (usually indicated as 50/40), and finally 3rd job is 130/120.

Last edited by Queen; 05-31-2012 at 11:10 AM.

05-31-2012   #3 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games

The Build Graph, Stats, and More

Last edited by Queen; 05-31-2012 at 10:53 AM.

05-31-2012   #4 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games

The Dark Path

///Ghostly Whisper Build - 223 TM Points///

Magical Soul
Mana Arrow 5
Invincible Casting
Mana Arrow M
Cure 5
Bottle of Mana 1
Mist of Mana M
Arrow Rush M
Cure M

Dark Pact
Hellfire M
Wicked Flame M
Dark Lance M
Mana Shield 10
Dark Barrier M

Scythe 10
Dark Commando 1
Ghostly Whisper M
Staff of Agony M
Blood Testament M
Dark Commando M
Scythe M
Rust 10
Fear M

///Single Target Build - 223 TM Points///

Magical Soul
Mana Arrow 5
Invincible Casting
Mana Arrow M
Cure 5
Bottle of Mana 1
Mist of Mana M
Arrow Rush M
Cure M

Dark Pact
Hellfire M
Wicked Flame M
Dark Lance M
Mana Shield 10
Dark Barrier M

Staff of Agony M
Blood Testament M
Scythe M
Rust 10
Fear M
Dark Commando M
Ghostly Whisper M

///Additional Skills for PvP and Other Purposes - 54 Additional TM Points///
These are for either PvP or miscellaneous purposes, learn them at your own leisure

Hinder Snare Acquire
Dark Distractor M
Gravity Crush M

Last edited by Queen; 06-01-2012 at 06:49 AM.

05-31-2012   #5 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games

The Light Path

This build has EXACTLY enough points to get Shield of Heaven 10 or M for the trials (depending on how lucky/good you are with TM) The first two segments require 121 TM Points. If you want Catastrophe Heal, you likely cannot get SoH very high leveled/at all.

///The Only Build - 238 TM Points///

Magical Soul
Mana Arrow 5
Invincible Casting
Mana Arrow M
Cure M
Bottle of Mana 1
Mist of Mana M
Arrow Rush M

Light Pact Acquire
Arrow of Light M
Mana Shield 10
Light Shield M
Shield of Heaven M

Mana Storm 10
Radiant Strike M
Searing Light M
Mana Ring 10
Light Wave M
Celestial Strike M
Oath of Light M
Sacred Oath M

///The Other Skills, for PvP 'N Stuff - 23 TM Points///

Catastrophe Heal M 13 - The reasoning to put this on it's own is, depending on the playstyle you may or may not need it. If you're bad at curing, you might want this.

Basic Healing M
Med. Cure M

Last edited by Queen; 06-30-2012 at 08:16 AM.

05-31-2012   #6 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games

Maybe One More Just in Case? ; A;

Last edited by Queen; 05-31-2012 at 07:24 AM.

06-03-2012   #7 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games

So this has been done enough for people to ask questions, so yeah. I know build graphs aren't up yet, so if that's what you want to ask about, certainly shoot away.

06-08-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Which build should I choose for a dark lord? I mean, the popular 1441 is cool, but as a dark mage only has cure to heal himself, which is based on HP amount you have, would it be a big loss if I go... say 1423?

06-08-2012   #9 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

Not to mention with 1441, your defenses would be flimsy at best.

And for a Dark Lord, I don't see how 1423 would hurt. o.o You'd be able to make up the LK from your equips and getting a healthy amount of HP/DP. Of course, this is coming from someone who hasn't played a Dark Lord yet, but that's what I was thinking. Feel free to correct me and/or give more insight. ;o

06-08-2012   #10 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games

I've always found a 2 in sense bare minimum for my preferences. My diva was 3124 and it worked out. Afaik dark dragons dont need oodles of LK, except for CT. But, the lk loss from a 3 to a 2 should be marginal as it takes 4 levels to increase anyway.

06-08-2012   #11 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

oooh Open thread, it was closed a few days ago xp

---

@Infernal: That's not a good way to maximize your cure heals whatsoever. Can I ask you a question? How long have you been playing TO by any chance and what's your highest leveled character and type?

1423 is pretty extreme, seeing as how you'll mostly be using a HP shield 90% of the time. Personally, a 1432 is the absolute minimum you should go in sense because you NEED all the natural luck growth from sense you can get, especially if you're mostly in game equips(if you are). On the other hand, ANY build type works if you have heavy access to MS. Honestly, if this Darklord character is going to be expected to go far, and you're not just horsing around on "trying characters out," then you should go 1432 as a last resort if you don't have total access to MS. Other than that, 1441 is the best choice, no questions asked.

On my 1441 SM, all my bare minimum luck comes from my natural sense growth, coupled with my equips and while using a HP shield. It equals to around 310 luck, which is needed to hit everything in the game, except for CT bosses. If you go 1423, you'll end up with base 49 luck @ 400, which is a pretty big jump from base 99 if you were 1441. Personally, all magics, including non light path, should go with 1441 in PvE because HP and DP shields are soooo easy to get nowadays, you'll have no problem with that department. You'll have a pretty hard time making up the lost luck while giving up EVEN MORE stats to compensate from somewhere else.

@Kyz: If you do end up finding a pure/hybrid dark user to help out, will you please ask them to elaborate on dark attribute versus MA stacking, and which is better? :< Thanks!

Can't wait to see the finished product!

06-08-2012   #12 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games

I have the values where dark attr helps the power go above dark lance. I've just been super busy.

It would be ma > dark attr until you can get at least x % whenever I get those numbers in.

06-09-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

@ Almora, my highest is Priest Woldas, level 218, 1432 pure MA. As for magics, I have 11x 1414 pure MA Air/Earth sheep and 140 fire/electric light wizard, 1414 pure MA. My 2nd highest char is lvl 180 1342 pure AC scientist. I've been playing for... roughly 5 years, on and off.

113% dark attribute for Staff of Agony is needed to outdamage Dark Lance (having same amount of MA) and 123% dark attribute for Scythe.

06-09-2012   #14 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernalGuy
@ Almora, my highest is Priest Woldas, level 218, 1432 pure MA. As for magics, I have 11x 1414 pure MA Air/Earth sheep and 140 fire/electric light wizard, 1414 pure MA. My 2nd highest char is lvl 180 1342 pure AC scientist. I've been playing for... roughly 5 years, on and off.

113% dark attribute for Staff of Agony is needed to outdamage Dark Lance (having same amount of MA) and 123% dark attribute for Scythe.
Oh okay then, it's because most of the things you post are umm, quite... "out there" lol. Like experimenting with gimmicky skill builds and such as if you're new to all of TO. But enough of that xD

And thanks for the attribute info, but my main question was if stacking MA is a better choice compared to stacking dark attribute for only a few attacks and if it was worth it or not. I'm pretty nab at this class so I wanted to know before I start to hoard eqs for my future darklord.

Since taylor has some info I'm going to wait on it =D

06-09-2012   #15 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games

I would basically take the attribute he posted (they're correct) and play around. I would try and get one really good piece of equipment with enough attribute to cover both, if possible. One or two items without MA isn't the end of the world, as I learned for my sheep (going from guns-out MA to MA/HP).

But, DLs need the MA/HP and the Attr too... I would say probably full MA/HP like a SM but keep something with attr if you find using those two attacks are more beneficial in certain situations.

06-09-2012   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

These 2 skills can easily hit 100k amount with even low amounts of MA. I'll give you some numbers: let's say the damage is 100k. You would need 2223 MA (ikr o.o) and no dark attr to hit that much with staff of agony. But let's say you have 350 % (it's obtainable). In that case you only need 987 MA for 100k.
As for 100k scythe - 4117 MA with no dark attr. With 350 % dark - pathetic 726 MA (that means 500 MA unmisted).

I have said enough, you can make your own conclusions now :P

BUT if you want EXACT numbers how much damage 1 MA and 1 % dark attr gives - go ahead and ask

Last edited by InfernalGuy; 06-09-2012 at 11:37 AM.

06-09-2012   #17 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelie
I would basically take the attribute he posted (they're correct) and play around. I would try and get one really good piece of equipment with enough attribute to cover both, if possible. One or two items without MA isn't the end of the world, as I learned for my sheep (going from guns-out MA to MA/HP).

But, DLs need the MA/HP and the Attr too... I would say probably full MA/HP like a SM but keep something with attr if you find using those two attacks are more beneficial in certain situations.

Okay thanks! I have MA/HP equips so those aren't a problem for me. I just need to find a high base MA rose sickle -3-

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernalGuy
These 2 skills can easily hit 100k amount with even low amounts of MA. I'll give you some numbers: let's say the damage is 100k. You would need 2223 MA (ikr o.o) and no dark attr to hit that much with staff of agony. But let's say you have 350 % (it's obtainable). In that case you only need 987 MA for 100k.
As for 100k scythe - 4117 MA with no dark attr. With 350 % dark - pathetic 726 MA (that means 500 MA unmisted).

I have said enough, you can make your own conclusions now :P

BUT if you want EXACT numbers how much damage 1 MA and 1 % dark attr gives - go ahead and ask

This makes it easier for me to decide now. It's basically like attribute and buffalo AoE's. A mix of AP and attribute is best. It's crazy how the dark attribute can make it go so hax. I just wanted to ask since I'm basically giving up a lot of MA to swap for dark attribute that will only help 2-3 attacks whereas having a ton of MA will boost everything, you know?

Thanks infernal! +rep :]

06-10-2012   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

No problemo I always worshiped dark lords (even if I never had one) just for Staff of Agony and Scythe, because honestly these 2 can whack ANYTHING in 1 hit. I'm not sure what is the MAX amount of dark attr that one person can obtain, I would gladly do the calculations if you know just to see the true haxxxiness of a DL

EDIT: nvm, I managed to find it. I believe in-game equips a DL should use are GLS and alti.thorny rose sickle. GLS, if we add dark attr stones (with no elixirs) can have 160 % at max. Let's asume we have 1 with that much. Then, let's say we managed to get a 4 s sickle (WOOT!). And we have dark attr 245 stones, they have range of 34 ~ 76. Let's asume we got 76 on all compounds. That means 304 % on sickle. So 464% on our dark attr set. With that much attribute, Staff of Agony would deal 100k with 831 MA and scythe would need only 564 MA.

In conclusion, I love Dark Lords

Last edited by InfernalGuy; 06-10-2012 at 12:55 AM.

06-14-2012   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseLeague of Legends

DehKat is on a distinguished road
IGN: xPrimadonna
Class: Primadonna to_primadonna
Level: 14x
Guild: ~*Eternity*~

btw, in the skills guide, you need cure lvl 10 for bottle of mana, just reminding :P

06-14-2012   #20 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games

Just a minor sequence error, but thanks.

People could've probably figured it out but I'll change it when I'm home from work.