ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Magic Type Guides

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (7) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-06-2012   #41 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVanx01
Heres a way to test it. Get spinel to have 5 debuffs.
1.Go find a random monster
2.Use a space on him. Keep an eye on the mark thing from your space.
3.Now tell spinel to use the 5 debuff on the target.
When she applies the 5th debuff you will notice the mark will disappear even though your space hasn't timed out yet. It's sad too cause I had to limit my guardian debuff to prevent it from interfering with my space
Note that glacier, deadly fen, electro attack is a debuff too. Maybe that's your problem even if your spinel has 4 debuff.

Thanks for the tips! I will try those steps out once maintenance is over tomorrow =)

I currently have:

-luck breaker
-rust
-cure
-shockvibe
-magic def breaker
-mana web

I guess I'll take off either shockvibe or mana web since I don't even get hit when bosses are on skunk anyways :<

+rep

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-06-2012   #42 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Games
Trickster Online

Chastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to all
IGN: ForeverNAlways
Class: Soul Master to_bard
Level: 27x
Guild: Soul Calibur <3

Could I get some advice?^^;
I still haven't been able to kill CT boss 5 by myself yet. And I briefly read somewhere in your guide that I need more luck? x: In all honestly I'm an MA hoarder...everytime I get a nice piece of equipment I refine MA onto it if I could. If not MA..HP. My total MA is about 1000+ but my LK is around 150-200 (don't laugh!) D: So my LK is pretty low - (I'm gonna be a scrooge here) how much LK do you think I need to kill boss 5 by myself (minimum)? c:

„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„« ^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„
I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion then it will start a chain reaction of the same.

Hunting Service in Fantasia

06-07-2012   #43 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelxLoves
Could I get some advice?^^;
I still haven't been able to kill CT boss 5 by myself yet. And I briefly read somewhere in your guide that I need more luck? x: In all honestly I'm an MA hoarder...everytime I get a nice piece of equipment I refine MA onto it if I could. If not MA..HP. My total MA is about 1000+ but my LK is around 150-200 (don't laugh!) D: So my LK is pretty low - (I'm gonna be a scrooge here) how much LK do you think I need to kill boss 5 by myself (minimum)? c:
You need at least 270 minimum luck to hit at least 80% of the time :< If you're having trouble with trying to get the last amount of luck, you can get a luck fortune and a luck shield to swap out with. I always have a luck and HP shield to swap with. When I do swap out the luck shield though, I use a HP vest and pet.

Other than that, you can also get some cheap 3s altiverse bracelets and compound them with luck.

06-07-2012   #44 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Games
Trickster Online

Chastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to all
IGN: ForeverNAlways
Class: Soul Master to_bard
Level: 27x
Guild: Soul Calibur <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almora
You need at least 270 minimum luck to hit at least 80% of the time :< If you're having trouble with trying to get the last amount of luck, you can get a luck fortune and a luck shield to swap out with. I always have a luck and HP shield to swap with. When I do swap out the luck shield though, I use a HP vest and pet.

Other than that, you can also get some cheap 3s altiverse bracelets and compound them with luck.
Whoo thanks! <3 I was so scared you were gonna say 400+ *.*

„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„« ^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„
I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion then it will start a chain reaction of the same.

Hunting Service in Fantasia

06-07-2012   #45 (permalink)
R
shannon is a fattie
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

400 LK is for the last boss, but fortunes and scrolls can solve the problem if you can't get that much.
[Lv.85] Umaiii[Trickster]
[Lv.80] Nesa [Demon Queen]
Tumblr: Noamu
PSN: Zykre

06-07-2012   #46 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

^ Yup.

Oh and I forgot to say that different attacks of each element branch have separate luck requirements =.= For example, shard will need 410-420 luck to hit 90% of the time while tesla needs around 400 for 100% success for each hit to land on final boss etc. etc. :<

06-08-2012   #47 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

DOMOsamz is on a distinguished road

this guide kind of changes everything for me... i'm still a bard atm and i was going to go fire/elec/light but SMs sound very awesome =/. only reason i wanted to witch was because i didn't want to die but idk anymore lol i need help ugh :c should i go fire/elec sm..?

06-08-2012   #48 (permalink)
Games
Trickster OnlineHello Kitty OnlineMabinogi

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

/invades thread (hope that's ok :<)

Just because you wouldn't have access to Light Shield and Shield of Heaven, doesn't mean you will be dying constantly - or even at all. Heck, I used to have Nikeos run around with no DP shield because I was too lazy to transfer from account to account, lol. Soul Masters are indeed very awesome and very fun to play, but it comes down to what you want to do with your character. Personally, though, I'd pick Soul Master over Light Witch any day, any element.

06-08-2012   #49 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

DOMOsamz is on a distinguished road

since i am new to TO some told me to go light witch but i think i got a good understanding of it now thx ^^, would of liked to try out wind/earth b/c of the AoE skills but i don't regret fire/elec its fun xD. SM

Last edited by DOMOsamz; 06-08-2012 at 10:04 AM.

06-08-2012   #50 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMOsamz
since i am new to TO some told me to go light witch but i think i got a good understanding of it now thx ^^, would of liked to try out wind/earth b/c of the AoE skills but i don't regret fire/elec its fun xD. SM
Light witch is definitely more starter friendly, BUT, that starter friendliness doesn't start until TM 170+ for SoH and Light Shield together, so yeah.

Both element paths are great, it's just up to you and what you prefer.

---

Lol, this thread is for everyone, don't be scared
I completely agree with Nike, I'd choose SM over light witch any day. If I could go back and choose my SM first, I would totally do it to make up for the lost time Dx

I also agree with her first point, SM's survivability is always exaggerated when compared to a light path. Heck, ANY class's survivability is judged on a scale with light, which is so dumb.

@Domo: You'll hardly be dying at all in normal PvE, and not as bad as some people make it seem to be. I used to run around with non-existent DP and 12k HP at the last fiesta and I still did fine.

06-08-2012   #51 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Kaay has a spectacular aura aboutKaay has a spectacular aura about

Almoora thanks so much for the great guide help much SM staters <3

I can ask a few questions?..they are all noob so please don't kill me lol!!

1- You know if the difference from Water/Elec ~ Fire/Elec is to big?(On training)

2-Undine Garden Debuff and Shard of Glacier Debuff can be together and make a super debuff?Or Garden/Glacier will just affect one resist not the two resist?

3-You consider Blessings good for TM grinding?-I noticed you dind't metion this here-(Most persons forget but with the right LK,you can get bunch of TM on Karan Trials)

Thanks in advante!

06-08-2012   #52 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaay
Almoora thanks so much for the great guide help much SM staters <3

I can ask a few questions?..they are all noob so please don't kill me lol!!

1- You know if the difference from Water/Elec ~ Fire/Elec is to big?(On training)

2-Undine Garden Debuff and Shard of Glacier Debuff can be together and make a super debuff?Or Garden/Glacier will just affect one resist not the two resist?

3-You consider Blessings good for TM grinding?-I noticed you dind't metion this here-(Most persons forget but with the right LK,you can get bunch of TM on Karan Trials)

Thanks in advante!
1. The only big difference I can say about fire/elec on training is at the popular grinding spots. Other than that, fire/elec will do a little better in general grinding because they have scorching while rotating staff and electro, whereas water/elec only has electro and staff to rotate.

2. Yes, they can be combined for even further electrical debuff power.

3. Yes, I do know about that. I don't have a TM training guide section, but thanks for reminding me! I'll just add it into the leveling area as a mini note.

06-08-2012   #53 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Kaay has a spectacular aura aboutKaay has a spectacular aura about

*OOO*
Thaaanks much,I am REALLY thinking on change to water/elec.. and do mostly general (CT) grinding.. but I am really confuse ><.

and again this guide is so perfect <3

06-08-2012   #54 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Almora this time I want your advice
I'm used to like water/electric & wind/earth tactic.
Where you focus on your main element and your 2nd provide the space for it.

But.... With fire/electric it's so annoying. I depend on electric for AoEing because everyone know fire AoE doesn't move or hit many targets.
If you ever play a fire/electric how do you set up your quick slots?
I keep accidentally keep using electric instead of fire cause I need 16 quick slots (2 of the tab things)

06-08-2012   #55 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaay
*OOO*
Thaaanks much,I am REALLY thinking on change to water/elec.. and do mostly general (CT) grinding.. but I am really confuse ><.

and again this guide is so perfect <3
No problem.

Fire/elec is better at lower CT floors where you can OHKO. And water/elec is better at higher floors where you can't.

Quote:
Almora this time I want your advice
I'm used to like water/electric & wind/earth tactic.
Where you focus on your main element and your 2nd provide the space for it.

But.... With fire/electric it's so annoying. I depend on electric for AoEing because everyone know fire AoE doesn't move or hit many targets.
If you ever play a fire/electric how do you set up your quick slots?
I keep accidentally keep using electric instead of fire cause I need 16 quick slots (2 of the tab things)
My fire/elec SM is frozen, but I'll try to recall what I had on her hotkeys. You sound like you are using it for bossing, yes?

For bossing: (1st row of skill slots)
F1- Phoenix Rising
F2- Cure
F3- Whirlwind blaze
F4- Dragon Storm
F5- Incinerate
F6- Scorching earth
F7- Staff of Thunder
F8- MP potions

I don't have Raion's space on the first skill set, I put it on the second one along with my buffs, since it lasts around 25 seconds, you shouldn't have it in the first one where it could take up a fire skill move. Also, I place the 2 electric skills as far away from the fire one as possible. You can re-arrange the skill slots however you want depending on how long each cool down is, but it's best to keep the 2 elements away from each other as much as possible, so your fingers won't accident mash on them.

Also, you can put tesla or electro in to replace the mp pots if want, but for fire/elec, your main multiple mob clearer is scorching earth. Very rarely, will you need to use staff or electro. You should focus on killing the boss target as fast as possible and don't waste a second on casting any electric skills. ALL you should be spamming is fire, fire, fire and fire!

If you want to know my general grinding one, please let me know!

Last edited by Almora; 06-08-2012 at 08:13 PM.

06-08-2012   #56 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future

I see. I don't spam electric while bossing but most likely it's harkon protection. There are few random mobs then Scylla (anti magic monster....)
I have to switch to fire right away and use raion and dragon storm to kill him. But with random mobs around I tend to forget to change to fire and accidentally cast staff at Scylla which annoys me... 1st tab is electric 2nd tab is fire

06-08-2012   #57 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
I see. I don't spam electric while bossing but most likely it's harkon protection. There are few random mobs then Scylla (anti magic monster....)
I have to switch to fire right away and use raion and dragon storm to kill him. But with random mobs around I tend to forget to change to fire and accidentally cast staff at Scylla which annoys me... 1st tab is electric 2nd tab is fire
Oh, if it's harkon, then I also have different skill sets for those. Fire/elec isn't necessarily the best at clearing multiple mobs fast, since the only boosted and semi-spammable multiple AoE they have is scorching, you're left with spamming 1 vs 1 fire attacks, which is why I put them at an 8 for overall rating xp. They don't perform too well at endgame activities.

The first tab from F1-8 I have:
Arrow Rush
Cure
Incinerate
Dragon Storm
MP potions
Electro
Staff
Scorching

And when the scylla wave comes, I have on 5th tab:

F1- Phoenix Rising
F2- Cure
F3- Whirlwind blaze
F4- Dragon Storm
F5- Incinerate
F6- Scorching earth
F7- Electro
F8- Raion's Space

I don't put any more electric attacks in the fire tab because they don't do much to scylla(obviously) besides electro for stun. After I kill all of the scyllas, I quickly go back to my first tab for my electric AoE spam.

You just need to work and practice your timing for faster switching! XD And also, try to re-arrange your electric and fire skills :< Fire/elec is just like wind/earth, they have SO MANY skills and NOT ENOUGH slots ahh T_T

---

Dear SGI:
B>F9-12 skill slots

06-08-2012   #58 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Thanks so much Almora
Also I only learn wind skill and grome domain for earth that pretty much it. I don't like using bunch of skills. Lol

06-08-2012   #59 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineEden Eternal

KahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant future
IGN: Kahru | Reimuu | Conduite
Class: Soul Master | Witch | Champion to_soulmaster
Level: 3xx/36x | 23x/2xx | 14x/13x

Don't forget that even with the summons that the 5th and 6th CT bosses spawns, Blessings eat the HP right off of them since their DX is so high but they hit not so often. So even if your Scorching+Tesla+random Staff of Thunder isn't 1HKOing the spawns, the Blessings will probably finish them off. Don't know why, but the summons during a CT boss fight are weaker (less resistant) than the equivalent on the floors.

IMO always start a boss fight in CT against the higher bosses fully buffed with Blessings. (especially 5th and 6th since they spam summons LOL).

Only used IGNs: Kahru | Reimuu. Anyone else claiming to be me is a scammer.

06-08-2012   #60 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Thanks so much Almora
Also I only learn wind skill and grome domain for earth that pretty much it. I don't like using bunch of skills. Lol

WHY NOT?! LOL. The other skills will literally add to your damage by tenfold. You NEED to get all of the wind skills when you have the chance and spam all of them in rotation, like in my video >_< It's the reason why wind/earth's dps is second to water/elec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanYa4eVr
Don't forget that even with the summons that the 5th and 6th CT bosses spawns, Blessings eat the HP right off of them since their DX is so high but they hit not so often. So even if your Scorching+Tesla+random Staff of Thunder isn't 1HKOing the spawns, the Blessings will probably finish them off. Don't know why, but the summons during a CT boss fight are weaker (less resistant) than the equivalent on the floors.

IMO always start a boss fight in CT against the higher bosses fully buffed with Blessings. (especially 5th and 6th since they spam summons LOL).

Yeah, blessings help too depending on your element path. As as wind/earth I just stopped using them completely. The only time I really needed them was in karan trials, against those annoying faint+banish mermen and no free banish scrolls were out yet via recycling NPC. They just killed themselves. Other than that, I prefer not to activate the summons' accuracy

Nowadays, it's also viable to just skip blessings all together depending on each elemental path in PvE and get other skils.