ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Magic Type Guides

Lord of the Rings Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (7) Thread Tools Display Modes
07-26-2012   #281 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Tornado bomb is amazing I just wish they can revamp to make it look cool.
Like remove the swirl effect, you select an area, in 2s a huge swirling tornado falls from the sky and blows up when it touches the ground. That would make it a real bomb lol

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-26-2012   #282 (permalink)
Games
Trickster OnlineHello Kitty OnlineMabinogi

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

Snipping a post means to cut some or most of it out. What I had to say regarding builds wasn't really relevant to your situation, so I just decided to throw it out.

You should totally get Raging Storm first. Wind Blade and Raging Storm is the best combination ever. I don't know about other wind/earth users, but I've never found a place to utilize my earth skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBerry
Tornado bomb is amazing I just wish they can revamp to make it look cool.
pfft what, Tornado Blast is pretty!

07-26-2012   #283 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future

I know its pretty just I hate how its a visible bomb lol
Almora water spells are quick at CD. I only need drib, aqua, and shard lol
Definitely play into the wind's speed build

07-26-2012   #284 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhinal
Pretty well funded, will be usin my witche's eqs and an Azhi set 220 and a bard 240.

Also, Earthquake's only advantage is the damage? Since the range is shorter and hits less targets as I heard. I'll learn it either way as a combo with cleaving, but just wondering wether to get it or raging storm first.

Does tornado blast have a limit to the amount of targets it hits? Thinking of skipping it all together until after the blessings.

@Nikeos I never really understand what you mean by snipped, is it like, ninja'd?
Ah okay then, then you can pretty much pull off any build. I just like 1441 the most since I can milk the best results out of it without having to {Ex: if I was 1423 I would need to comp for luck when I boss on top of HP etc}, whereas I can just slap on HP and continue with a 1441.

Just remember to comp some HP equips since you're only using your witch's eqs. A HP shield will take care of that HP problem instantly. I always run in light witch mode(minus the lk shield) on my SM and switch to HP when I need it.

---

Sure the range gets chopped and it only hits 5 targets(loses 2 from cleaving), but from what you gave up, you gain a HUGE JUMP in damage. My earthquake does 30k while cleaving does 16k, which one do you say you prefer? I prefer to clean up with wind blade or raging rather than earthquake since I find it unwise to push an OHKO'ing earthquake into the "cleaning up" category.

Earthquake's raw damage is by far better than raging storm by a mile. I recommend you to get it before raging storm if you like a strong 5 target OHKO'ing spell and don't plan to boss/combo much at all. In the TM guide I have raging storm maxed before earthquake since I've always bossed early and loved the infinite loop of wind blade > raging > wind blade and I prefer to finish off a half-killed mob with raging rather than a cast of earthquake. It's up to you though on which of the two you want to pick up first based on what you do often. You end up maxing both of them in the end.

---

Tornado is limited to 7 targets. It's viable to skip it until after blessings. But if you plan to boss(especially CT), skipping tornado for blessings will take out a chunk of your damage.

Quote:
I know its pretty just I hate how its a visible bomb lol
Almora water spells are quick at CD. I only need drib, aqua, and shard lol
Definitely play into the wind's speed build
I never said they were long lol o-O But yeah, it works really well in tandem with wind's speed. Like you said aqua, drip and shard is all you ever need. It's what I had too.

---

I wonder what everyone is leaping, since I'm surprised that the guides section is really active in viewers atm. And the only time when a specific section is that active is usually when there is drama or new content.

07-26-2012   #285 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Kahru told me she seen a lot of people advancing to soul masters last night. Maybe they're seeking your thread for advice lol

07-26-2012   #286 (permalink)
Games

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

Soul Master-y rant go

The only, only thing that sucks about being a wind Soul Master is when you set down Gnome's Domain in the 2nd fiesta room and all of the monsters keep running out from it or away from you. I thought these monsters were supposed to be aggro. It's so annoying having to lose exp over something stupid like that. :| :|

07-26-2012   #287 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kahru told me she seen a lot of people advancing to soul masters last night. Maybe they're seeking your thread for advice lol
Hmm okay then. I wonder how many of those will make it out and reach the higher 300 bracket. More active high level SMs is nice to have.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikeos
Soul Master-y rant go

The only, only thing that sucks about being a wind Soul Master is when you set down Gnome's Domain in the 2nd fiesta room and all of the monsters keep running out from it or away from you. I thought these monsters were supposed to be aggro. It's so annoying having to lose exp over something stupid like that. :| :|
Quoted for truth.

Sometimes it feels like I'm chasing sheep in a pen ;-; I don't know if the size of the mob has to do with the aggro range, but even with my pet ~2inches radius, they still don't see me. There's probably certain mob limit a character can tag w/o actually hitting them. I haven't paid much attention to bother to count this # if there's any.

Well, I'm just glad I don't have to manually shoot every mob like I have had to do in some other games.

07-27-2012   #288 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Azhinal has a spectacular aura aboutAzhinal has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Azhinal
Class: Goat to_soulmaster
Level: 225

It's probably because of the new 3rd jobs running around that the guides of all sections are getting more attention. The general guides also have 2 nice guides too.

I also dont understand the use of whirlwind. I mean, sure it's nice in those spots where they spawn constantly, but doesn't it remOve the use of running around with your flashy whirling and raging storm? D:

Last edited by Azhinal; 07-27-2012 at 05:50 AM.

07-27-2012   #289 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Holy Paladin
Level: 100

Whirlwind is spectacular in bossing, and I recall someone posting in the Level Up thread using it often in the higher level Fiestas.

It's certainly one of your (if not, the) strongest skills in your bossing arsenal.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307, Crusader Main
World of Warcraft US Allure, Holy Paladin <Taurential Reign>
FFXIV Evalyn Fior, Excalibur NA
Nintendo 3DS 4511 - 0825 - 1589 // Wii U tmikucki

07-27-2012   #290 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhinal
It's probably because of the new 3rd jobs running around that the guides of all sections are getting more attention. The general guides also have 2 nice guides too.

I also dont understand the use of whirlwind. I mean, sure it's nice in those spots where they spawn constantly, but doesn't it remOve the use of running around with your flashy whirling and raging storm? D:
Whirlwind is the strongest early/mid-lvl DoT you get out of all the other 2(Tesla & Scorching), but with that title, it receives a self target stationary & only 4 target limitation.

You probably don't have much use for it now due to your low level(?), but it shines at higher level activities =)
Whirlwind has its amazing uses and I wouldn't exclude it completely in your training/etc. routines you do. Sure you are prohibited from moving, but that's why there are certain cases when you should use it, and correctly too.

-Whirlwind is pretty amazing at popular training sites/any sites with a fast respawn in the same identical spot. And even though you can't run around, you still CAN use wind blade & raging in the square of tornadoes. Luring skills also provide you another alternative to solve the immobility.

-As you probably know already you can rotate wind blade > raging > wind blade almost indefinitely. That equals 3 quick hits already, coupled with the impressive DoT of Whirlwind, you have an amazing, deadly and highly damaging boss killing combo. If anyone excludes whirlwind out of their bossing, then a HUGE chunk of damage is lost(It's the highest damage per hit spell for wind/earth). It's also very good at clearing pesky summons.

-You can also utilize this whirlwind combo for water/wind users, especially at grand ball room fiesta mobs because of unboosted wind and it works just as well as a SM with gnome + OHKO'ing wind.

-Stationary AoE's are probably the best moves in the whole game, utility and damage. When partying with others at endgame activities, you are guaranteed to see any mage using scorching or whirlwind.

07-27-2012   #291 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Almora why on your skill guide did you put to master icy shackle? Didn't you say it was useless since it makes a target invincible. I should just skip it right?

Edit: found out it stops the target ability to do anything, sorry for not reviewing your thread more carefully.

Last edited by Draft; 07-27-2012 at 02:41 PM.

07-30-2012   #292 (permalink)
Games

So I'm running around in Jewelia right now on a noob water/electric sheep and apparently there is a difference in electric skill boost from level 1 through 10. I must have been getting some really lucky shots then on my witch in Fantasia; sorry for the misinformation q_q...

edit: Just mastered Shard of the Glacier and I am very inclined to believe they have messed with the skill in the past year or so. When I tested before whether or not there was a difference in level 10 boost and mastered boost, there was absolutely no difference. I know that bit information for fact. However, I just tested again and this time, there was a difference, so I dunno what happened, but I can confirm there is a difference as of now.

Last edited by Nikeos; 07-30-2012 at 09:23 PM.

07-31-2012   #293 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
League of LegendsTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online

HadurIII is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to HadurIII Send a message via Yahoo to HadurIII Send a message via Skype™ to HadurIII
IGN: LordeRudah, RudahBR
Class: Mercenary lt_blader
Level: 250+, MAX.
Guild: ~|The Master Union|~
Xfire: rudah

by far, best trickster guide i've seen

07-31-2012   #294 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikeos
So I'm running around in Jewelia right now on a noob water/electric sheep and apparently there is a difference in electric skill boost from level 1 through 10. I must have been getting some really lucky shots then on my witch in Fantasia; sorry for the misinformation q_q...

edit: Just mastered Shard of the Glacier and I am very inclined to believe they have messed with the skill in the past year or so. When I tested before whether or not there was a difference in level 10 boost and mastered boost, there was absolutely no difference. I know that bit information for fact. However, I just tested again and this time, there was a difference, so I dunno what happened, but I can confirm there is a difference as of now.
Thanks for the confirmation nike! Did you test in PvP by any chance for the debuff numbers q-q?

I have them from jTO wiki and the numbers are:

Shard
Level 1= -12%
Level 2= -16.25%
Level 3= -21%
Level 4= -26.25%
Level 5= -32%
Level 6= -38.25%
Level 7= -45%
Level 8= -52.25%
Level 9= -60%
Level 10= -68.25%
Level Master= -96%

And you round down to the nearest whole number and I assume the game subtracted 1% total off of all of them since shard master is -95%.

@hadurlll: Ty!

07-31-2012   #295 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almora
Thanks for the confirmation nike! Did you test in PvP by any chance for the debuff numbers q-q?

I have them from jTO wiki and the numbers are:

Shard
Level 1= -12%
Level 2= -16.25%
Level 3= -21%
Level 4= -26.25%
Level 5= -32%
Level 6= -38.25%
Level 7= -45%
Level 8= -52.25%
Level 9= -60%
Level 10= -68.25%
Level Master= -96%

And you round down to the nearest whole number and I assume the game subtracted 1% total off of all of them since shard master is -95%.

@hadurlll: Ty!
After doing some tests and getting weird numbers, I conclude that the lightning drop does NOT occur like this:
Damage = (Tol + ShardToleranceAddition)*(M*(MA - 25) - MDoffset)

Anyways, I went to kill a bunch of monsters with a tolerance of 100% using 116 MA. I record the damage I do with and without shard and divide the to numbers. I get 1.37 for both SoT and Electro. I also that number when doing on another monster with the same tolerance but different MD.
This seemed pretty nice until I went and did this with more MA (161)....I get a different number 1.52.

Hooray, more MA dependance in the skill. So if i did may testing correctly, we have some kind of MA dependent formula....

Wow I typed that with terrible grammar, fixed grammar XD.

Last edited by Nebula; 07-31-2012 at 02:37 AM.

07-31-2012   #296 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyEl
After doing some tests and getting weird numbers, I conclude that the lightning drop does NOT occur like this:
Damage = (Tol + ShardToleranceAddition)*(M*(MA - 25) - MDoffset)

Anyways, I went to kill a bunch of monsters with a tolerance of 100% using 116 MA. I record the damage I do with and without shard and divide the to numbers. I get 1.37 for both SoT and Electro. I also that number when doing on another monster with the same tolerance but different MD.
This seemed pretty nice until I went and did this with more MA (161)....I get a different number 1.52.

Hooray, more MA dependance in the skill. So if i did may testing correctly, we have some kind of MA dependent formula....

Wow I typed that with terrible grammar, fixed grammar XD.
UGH! This game...nothing surprises me anymore. And yeah, I figured there would be MA dependence in the debuff formula(not damage) since back when the shard bug healed CT monsters/any monsters with 2+ bars of HP, the sole cause of it was because of huge stacking of a character's MA that broke the formula adding a +70% or more to a target.

SGI should really tell us when they tamper with skill formulas or ANY skills for that matter. Scorching Earth anyone?

07-31-2012   #297 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almora
UGH! This game...nothing surprises me anymore. And yeah, I figured there would be MA dependence in the debuff formula(not damage) since back when the shard bug healed CT monsters/any monsters with 2+ bars of HP, the sole cause of it was because of huge stacking of a character's MA that broke the formula adding a +70% or more to a target.

SGI should really tell us when they tamper with skill formulas or ANY skills for that matter. Scorching Earth anyone?
I guess that they do not expect us to figure out that something has happened. I wonder what the MA cap is @.@... Testing may be less straight forward than the areas which are a pain to figure out as it is.

I just hope I made a mistake...

I bet they have changed a few other skills a bit as well just not in a noticable way.

08-03-2012   #298 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

MiKyung is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kume/iKetsuna/iPlantChan
Class: Wizard/Duelist/Soul Master to_soulmaster
Level: 241/185/14x
Guild: .:Saranghaeyo:.

This is really helpful. I could possibly use this on a new SM. If I feel like making another one. xD. But if I do. I will most likely use this. x3.

08-08-2012   #299 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineEden Eternal

KahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant future
IGN: Kahru | Reimuu | Conduite
Class: Soul Master | Witch | Champion to_soulmaster
Level: 3xx/36x | 23x/2xx | 14x/13x

HO HO HO

What next.

EDIT: Yes there's a bottle there, Raion was thirsty. Making fire stronger makes everything hotter, so Raion wanted a drink. :>

Only used IGNs: Kahru | Reimuu. Anyone else claiming to be me is a scammer.

Last edited by KahruNYA; 08-08-2012 at 02:02 AM.

08-08-2012   #300 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Awards Artifact Hoarder

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is how amazing soul masters are.

Almora this could almost look like a cool wallpaper lol

Thought I post this for giggles =D

Last edited by Draft; 08-08-2012 at 02:08 AM.