ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Magic Type Guides

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (7) Thread Tools Display Modes
07-22-2012   #261 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhinal
Opinion question: Do you think a lvl 130 sheepy would be able to utilize blessings to use it as a grinding source instead of normal skills? I remember once seeing a sheep running around shadows with 2 blessings at lvl 140 and killing them all without her being touched by them, and farming their cards like crazy.
Blessings don't give experience, only TM. They will give experience however, if you kill the monster half way(or so) with another spell and then finish them off with blessings if they don't OHKO. <-But that part generally just takes way too long to figure out the right spell, MA and waiting for the right time to not get KO'd by blessings before and so on.

@El: I'll try to get you some of those numbers for the 70, 20 & 30 tolerance if Kahru hasn't gotten to them yet when I have time =)

Last edited by Almora; 07-22-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-22-2012   #262 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Azhinal has a spectacular aura aboutAzhinal has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Azhinal
Class: Goat to_soulmaster
Level: 225

Well, that answered A LOT of questions I had in mind. What about farmin items like grass and cards and such? Do you think that would work?

07-22-2012   #263 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, that answered A LOT of questions I had in mind. What about farmin items like grass and cards and such? Do you think that would work?
It would would be viable if they had fast DX, aggro and if you were sporting enough AC+LK to OHKO on first hits of both blessings combined. If not, and you take more than the 1st combined hits to OHKO/fighting against regular DX monsters like vicentos, then it's not worth the effects of getting perma fainted / wherever you choose to farm.

I would just farm the normal way.

07-22-2012   #264 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

But it's possible right? If that's the case, the difference of elements doesn't affect th blessing right? And also, what is more important, AC or LK? And should I build it 1441 LK? I know that I'm not going the regular SM path, but I've always liked blessings ever since I saw how effective they can be.

07-23-2012   #265 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

@Almora. That would be great! It would be nice to increase the precision of the formula.
I just started university for semester 2 this year, so I will not be as quick processing the data.

@Azhi: Lk would be more important for water and AC more important for wind, simply because of the skills of those elements. LK would be more important for anything else, simply due to the fact it increases your block rate, AC has no other effect.
Difference in elements is only important due to the resistance of monsters being different for each monster.
Your method will be completely useless in no agrro mobs. I agree with Almora, turning a monster's aggro effects on due to blessings is simply not eorth it. OHKO things normally.

07-23-2012   #266 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
But it's possible right? If that's the case, the difference of elements doesn't affect th blessing right? And also, what is more important, AC or LK? And should I build it 1441 LK? I know that I'm not going the regular SM path, but I've always liked blessings ever since I saw how effective they can be.
Yes it's possible.

If you're asking about elemental path affecting blessing damage in a very general way, then yes, to a certain point. However, your Q could go both ways and you weren't clear enough so I'll throw this part in:

Blessings are elemental, but not "elemental attribute % affected," if you know the difference. They don't get boosted if you stack %, but they get boosted if you use the correct space / shard if you're water/elec, and take into consideration mob weakness + resist.

Both are important, but LK is more important since it's easier to stack and offers more benefits, so that gets priority. AC is the hardest stat to stack on a SM.

---

Well, it depends on your MS funding and what you plan to do with this unique SM you're making it to be/play style preferences. I can't give you a definite answer since I've never played a pure LK SM, maybe someone else can give you advice on the correct build path.

---

@El: That's fine, no rush xp Since skills will be unveiled in August soon, wouldn't be surprised if the things we know now are completely turned 180

Also, do you need them under or over MA cap? Do you want two different skill damages too? Or is one okay? Just want to make sure I get everything in one try and not leave anything out lol.

07-23-2012   #267 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almora
Yes it's possible.

If you're asking about elemental path affecting blessing damage in a very general way, then yes, to a certain point. However, your Q could go both ways and you weren't clear enough so I'll throw this part in:

Blessings are elemental, but not "elemental attribute % affected," if you know the difference. They don't get boosted if you stack %, but they get boosted if you use the correct space / shard if you're water/elec, and take into consideration mob weakness + resist.

Both are important, but LK is more important since it's easier to stack and offers more benefits, so that gets priority. AC is the hardest stat to stack on a SM.

---

Well, it depends on your MS funding and what you plan to do with this unique SM you're making it to be/play style preferences. I can't give you a definite answer since I've never played a pure LK SM, maybe someone else can give you advice on the correct build path.

---

@El: That's fine, no rush xp Since skills will be unveiled in August soon, wouldn't be surprised if the things we know now are completely turned 180

Also, do you need them under or over MA cap? Do you want two different skill damages too? Or is one okay? Just want to make sure I get everything in one try and not leave anything out lol.
The whole attribute thing. That will be much easier to work out, should involve attribute comped alti swords (they have no MA) and killing torobies. You will not need to indirectly measure tolerances and MD. However to work out if the spaces are affecte, we would first need to work out the new skill formula.

Uhmm, I would like three or 4 values under the cap and one value over the cap. If the tolerance and MD are not on wiki, I would also like two values without the buff on. Otherwise, just MA, skill, damage and monster is fine

Only need them to get the formula loser to exact. Once again due to rounding, it would be hard to get it perfect. If you was to get it perfect, you would have to calculate the tolerance one MA at the time, over a range (I can estimate the range). At certain values of MA, there will be a sudden increase in tolerance of 1%. At least this is what I believe will happen.

07-23-2012   #268 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Yes I'm only doing it at aggro maps (Farming grass, important cards). If I do make one, it'll be more effective as 1441 LK? (I'm not gonna level her a lot or use her other skills a lot.) Also, I'll be using a dread or ebon hat, a requiem LK rod, and an HP shield, but should I make the hat AC? And if I do, do I need other items to be AC too? Of can I just throw more LK into it?

07-23-2012   #269 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

AC and LK are at a 1:1 ratio for Blessings. Neither is better than the other in terms of damage, but LK will help with critical hits and your blocking ability - AC will not.

So in the end; LK is the better choice.

07-23-2012   #270 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Oh alright, that clears it up. Erm, one question before making my SM, any SMs here who have mastered blessings (both) can tell me their LK/AC and how much damage they do per blessing to a monster? Also nice of you tell me your HP and what the monster is.

Edit: And can blessings critical?

07-23-2012   #271 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

Quote:
Edit: And can blessings critical?

Yes.

07-23-2012   #272 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

I wonder if blessings will also depend on attribute. It may make things more interesting *.*

07-26-2012   #273 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Hey Almora I know you been busy, but anyone can answer my question.
Do you think a water/wind soul master is worth it? I like both of those element.

07-26-2012   #274 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBerry
Hey Almora I know you been busy, but anyone can answer my question.
Do you think a water/wind soul master is worth it? I like both of those element.
I love the combination and I enjoyed leveling with it; it's pretty solid and works well. Wind for fast kills and water for bossing & 1v1 skilling when AR/wind blade is on CD.

There isn't anything majorly wrong with this build except for the points I wrote in the first page recommendations.

If you like both of the elements, I don't see any room for disappointment as long as you are having fun.

07-26-2012   #275 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

If you play a fire/electric you will get the feeling "crave for power"
You always want the strongest skill. That's why wind/water will seem useless
I'll take your word for it, just be a character for fun I just don't like the feeling Im missing out on Powerful DoT because pheonix rising makes whirlwind and tesla look bad

07-26-2012   #276 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBerry
If you play a fire/electric you will get the feeling "crave for power"
You always want the strongest skill. That's why wind/water will seem useless
I'll take your word for it, just be a character for fun I just don't like the feeling Im missing out on Powerful DoT because pheonix rising makes whirlwind and tesla look bad
I've never really felt that way about fire/elec. If I wanted power, I would stick to my water/elec(highest single target damage) or wind/earth(highest multiple target damage). True you do miss out on some nice DoT's, but it's not like you will fail miserably in every part of the game, you get me? A SM will always be a SM, they're excellent at PvM regardless of elements.

For me personally, it's not about strongest skill, but the prettiest skill lol. Aqua bomb is my favorite skill in the whole game.

Have fun with your new SM!

07-26-2012   #277 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

I heard that you need a good charm build for earth/wind (since you need to face them up close.) Does that mean that 1441 MA isn't the best for wind/earth?
And what's your opinion on tornado blast btw?

07-26-2012   #278 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
I heard that you need a good charm build for earth/wind (since you need to face them up close.) Does that mean that 1441 MA isn't the best for wind/earth?
And what's your opinion on tornado blast btw?
You need charm in your build if you're really poor and unfunded/no access to MS. 1423 is the absolute lowest I will recommend on sense and highest on charm. 1432 is good too for a standard build. Other than that, I recommend a 1441 build since DP & HP eqs are really easy to get/stack.

I personally like tornado blast a lot, I have many uses for it. I use when I boss, I use it in fiesta(what's not to love about 7 OHKO'ing targets?), I use it when I grind in big dense spawns. It's definitely a must max for wind/earth, but for wind/water, it's preference. Just plant the skill wherever you want every 12s and continue your routine. It's also pretty strong.

07-26-2012   #279 (permalink)
Games
Trickster OnlineHello Kitty OnlineMabinogi

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

snipping

biased opinions from an experienced player was probably not a good idea for someone likely far less experienced xD

Last edited by Nikeos; 07-26-2012 at 02:34 PM.

07-26-2012   #280 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Pretty well funded, will be usin my witche's eqs and an Azhi set 220 and a bard 240.

Also, Earthquake's only advantage is the damage? Since the range is shorter and hits less targets as I heard. I'll learn it either way as a combo with cleaving, but just wondering wether to get it or raging storm first.

Does tornado blast have a limit to the amount of targets it hits? Thinking of skipping it all together until after the blessings.

@Nikeos I never really understand what you mean by snipped, is it like, ninja'd?