ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Magic Type Guides

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack (7) Thread Tools Display Modes
07-17-2012   #201 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyEl
I think you are both (Recette and Snow)misinterpreting my intentions. Whilst you are both being very helpful; I would not mind giving this path a go. Salamander's territory is an aesthetically stunning skill.
In regards to harkon, you are correct about earth being slow, however, I can argue that I will still have scorching earth, it will not be boosted with raion's space anymore. This skill involves precise timing and can fail so earth with salamander's territory may provide a MUCH better backup than lightning or any other fire skill. I know most of you are light/fire/lightning in harkon, so you have light.
In regards to earth being slow; I have a feeling if I learn to play this combination correctly, I will be able to cast the earth skills such that the monsters will run into the area I pick as I cast the skill and be in the area when the skill is activated.
And deadly fen may have its uses as well.

But basically I would like something that is slightly different. I have played bith wind earth and fire/lightning soulmasters before and they are fun, I think water/lightnign and fire/earth will be worth a try later on
Please make a video if you can, I find it very interesting to watch other SM's play xD I'd put it in my videos section if I got your permission. I love having the underdog elements played correctly and shine so that people can see they have its uses elsewhere =3=

Also, I forgot to mention this, but sometimes more often than not, learning to control the range of cleaving is troublesome. It will often hit/tag outside of the salamander with its huge range and thus won't inherit that space debuff so it will be a bit hard. Given that the spaces stretch ~1 inch outside of its animated diameter, cleaving's range is just too huge ahhh. BUT if you can master that aspect/hurdle as fire/earth perfectly, then you will be very powerful =D

---

One of my pipe-dreams on TO is to gather ALL the SM's of different elements into one harkon and win. If anyone can help me do that, I will love you forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recette
You are 100% right, but my post was in reply to the post above mine, and that was not necessarily related to Harkon only.

Besides, playing with one combination just for Harkon can be a little dangerous since our community is not exactly known for being a big fan of Harkon, and that Fire/Electric does as great of a job with Staff of Thunder + Electro Attack + Tesla.
Yeah, but 1 boosted OHKO'ing Cleaving and 1 boosted OHKO'ing Earthquake and move on quickly will be > than 2-3 repeated hits of unboosted electro, staff and tesla. I know that, but I'd rather pick even the worst combination of SM(wind/water) elements over any light witch in harkon any day for its broader utilies.

But whatever floats your boat I guess!

Last edited by Almora; 07-17-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-17-2012   #202 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almora
Well, shadow resist caps at 70% like any other resist, so if you think you NEED the extra 20%, by all means go ahead =)

Unfortunately I only know the basic reqs and recommended eqs / elements for mages, but I'm not experienced on the harkon battle stages / rounds because a friend of mines knows everything on that part, but she quit ;o;

I might consider it if I have the time and feel if it needs attention since harkon is pretty much dead and needs more activity/serious participants before I go and dedicate my time to a guide.

But if anyone is genuinely interested in advice for harkon, please PM me for more info because I can at least provide you with the basic strategies.

---

Pretty much what Van said, but I'll fill in with fire/earth game play in there.

-Fire/earth will break even alongside fire/elec due to the mere differences of more useful attacks/faster cool downs(fire/elec) vs. easier/better multi-mob clearing abilities and slow cool downs(fire/earth) almost catching up to each other.
-As fire/earth you will have a MUCH easier time clearing mobs in bulk with cleaving and earthquake under salamander, while scorching is left for the weaker stragglers, but cool time and fast kills in harkon is pretty much the most important thing.
-I personally don't play it your way because I lose a lot of efficiency.

Those red dots you see are where I put my scorching/fen down at. It is best for fire/earth SM's to park themselves at any of the statues, excluding 1 because you work best there.

I don't completely leave cleaving out. Sure it has amazing luring capabilities, but that aspect is completely nullified when these shadow monsters are CLEARLY auto targeting/walking semi fast to the statues and will run to you no matter what.

->So I always start off with deadly fen + scorching on those red dots.
->Place salamander down in the inner area, right behind the red dots and use earthquake first to clear and finish off with cleaving for hagglers. Very rarely will I use summon boulder. I'd rather use mana storm instead or any stronger fire attack like incinerate.
->Scorching + fen will delay and kill off a bit of the incoming weaker invasion mobs while the space + earth AoEs/other fire moves are left for the stronger leftovers.

Standing on the inner area with scorching + space down + earth skills are okay, just not as efficient if you left it alone on the red dots like I have. Earthquake definitely takes on the role of wind blade, since it's your strongest boosted damage in your whole arsenal(50k+ for me, with reasonable CD yummy).

You will have a lot of fun with fire/earth in harkon, just don't let the cooldowns bother you because as I've said before in the previous posts, "you will hardly notice CD time because you have a lot of skills to juggle."

It will be an extra 10%, I think I may need the extra LK that you can comp onto the physical hats. If only imperian helms were permanent....
My friend that was also interested in harkon quit, but maybe I will get him to post his guide here, it will need a section on shadow attribute and resist, but it is a great start.
Really we need to campaign to separate harkon andd fiesta in terms of time slots.

----
Thanks, sounds like a much better strategy than my own. Best part is that it will work insanely well when the side harkons have that massive boss spawn behind the harkons and everything goes CrAzY. It may outshine fire/lightning at this point if I time things correctly.

When playing fire/earth/light in fiesta I was no trouble filling in radiant, wave and terra, kept me more than busy.

07-17-2012   #203 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It will be an extra 10%, I think I may need the extra LK that you can comp onto the physical hats. If only imperian helms were permanent....
My friend that was also interested in harkon quit, but maybe I will get him to post his guide here, it will need a section on shadow attribute and resist, but it is a great start.
Really we need to campaign to separate harkon andd fiesta in terms of time slots.

----
Thanks, sounds like a much better strategy than my own. Best part is that it will work insanely well when the side harkons have that massive boss spawn behind the harkons and everything goes CrAzY. It may outshine fire/lightning at this point if I time things correctly.

When playing fire/earth/light in fiesta I was no trouble filling in radiant, wave and terra, kept me more than busy.
Ikr, all of the free 40% helms are physical and don't have MA on them. So I basically went with LK as AC + blessings don't do much/MP waster in there and HV isn't all that juicy :c

You need about 240 and maybe lower luck, I forgot, for harkon only, but the extra luck from the helm is always nice if you've got your HP all set. I roughly remember needing that much for shard to hit, and shard has a very high luck req so you'd probably need only 200 as fire/earth. I only use like 240 for my wind/earth SM and I hit everything =)

Definitely, when people exaggerate earth's slowness on its own, it really isn't even noticeable paired with your many other moves to keep you busy!

07-17-2012   #204 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Please make a video if you can, I find it very interesting to watch other SM's play xD I'd put it in my videos section if I got your permission. I love having the underdog elements played correctly and shine so that people can see they have its uses elsewhere =3=

Also, I forgot to mention this, but sometimes more often than not, learning to control the range of cleaving is troublesome. It will often hit/tag outside of the salamander with its huge range and thus won't inherit that space debuff so it will be a bit hard. Given that the spaces stretch ~1 inch outside of its animated diameter, cleaving's range is just too huge ahhh. BUT if you can master that aspect/hurdle as fire/earth perfectly, then you will be very powerful =D

---

One of my pipe-dreams on TO is to gather ALL the SM's of different elements into one harkon and win. If anyone can help me do that, I will love you forever
First I will need to get used to the new element combination; I think it's the least intuitive element combination out there and there is definitely not a giant knowledge on technique outside this guide.

Thanks for the heads up. Too bad I cannot get around this by not mastering terra, or I will lose too much power and gain a little casting time.
----

Sadly I cannot help you with that, since I am from fantasia and my sheep on Jewelia has been lvl 112 for about 3 years. But that would be epic. Not sure how you would use wind/water effectively. Feel free to enlighten me. I guess you'd depend on an unbuffed wind and take out the scyalla with the space.

Quote:
Ikr, all of the free 40% helms are physical and don't have MA on them. So I basically went with LK as AC + blessings don't do much/MP waster in there and HV isn't all that juicy :c

You need about 240 and maybe lower luck, I forgot, for harkon only, but the extra luck from the helm is always nice if you've got your HP all set. I roughly remember needing that much for shard to hit, and shard has a very high luck req so you'd probably need only 200 as fire/earth. I only use like 240 for my wind/earth SM and I hit everything =)

Definitely, when people exaggerate earth's slowness on its own, it really isn't even noticeable paired with your many other moves to keep you busy!
It took me 3 months to get an imperian helm, I cannot keep up a supply or them every 15 days, however I maybe able to keep up with gorgon helms.

The LK on my SM is fairly low. I use a p.stick with 1 slot, I may be able to fix that by tempering and such. Te issue was only with hitting the cowboy thing (forgot name) with staff of thunder and electro. Earth being more accurate should solve this.

07-18-2012   #205 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Sadly I cannot help you with that, since I am from fantasia and my sheep on Jewelia has been lvl 112 for about 3 years. But that would be epic. Not sure how you would use wind/water effectively. Feel free to enlighten me. I guess you'd depend on an unbuffed wind and take out the scyalla with the space.

It took me 3 months to get an imperian helm, I cannot keep up a supply or them every 15 days, however I maybe able to keep up with gorgon helms.

The LK on my SM is fairly low. I use a p.stick with 1 slot, I may be able to fix that by tempering and such. Te issue was only with hitting the cowboy thing (forgot name) with staff of thunder and electro. Earth being more accurate should solve this.
Yeap, that's pretty much it, nothing too hard lol.

The routine is still basically what I do now, but just without water and now with boosted wind when I need it.

Basically when I was still water/wind, I had abused the lovely low CD chain of non-boosted blade>storm>blade to clear everything that was weaker. For the scylla wave it was shard(to lock and distract 1 target off my butt for 3s) or icey shackles, aqua and drip spam under sylph for my main single target damage. That was the real test for this route back then and still is now since we're unable to clear multiple mobs efficiently.

For the incoming waves of craziness, I had to stand my ground with whirlwind and rotate blade>storm>blade in place at the heart of the inner area as the outside area was taken care of by the other players. Basically I was a backup damage supporter that wiped the leftover stragglers. But by all means wind/water can also be used on the front lines since things die fast.

^ That was the only times I use whirlwind since being stationary causes the monsters to walk off in a cone shape and literally walk out of your tornadoes. So in saying that, it's always better to not plant yourself as wind/anything and be mobile instead and make use of those lovely CDs for more efficiency. This was also the time to make use of tornado bomb at the red areas where scorching/fen would be if timed right.

---

I find charybdis annoying as heck, not their luck, but their annoying running around like dead headless chickens playing hide and seek and SB x.x
Thank goodness for fast CD on wind to finish them off fast before they run off again or shoot you to death with shield breaker x 10. Other than that, trapping spells and strong single target spells are your friend.

07-18-2012   #206 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

Quote:
Yeap, that's pretty much it, nothing too hard lol.

The routine is still basically what I do now, but just without water and now with boosted wind when I need it.

Basically when I was still water/wind, I had abused the lovely low CD chain of non-boosted blade>storm>blade to clear everything that was weaker. For the scylla wave it was shard(to lock and distract 1 target off my butt for 3s) or icey shackles, aqua and drip spam under sylph for my main single target damage. That was the real test for this route back then and still is now since we're unable to clear multiple mobs efficiently.

For the incoming waves of craziness, I had to stand my ground with whirlwind and rotate blade>storm>blade in place at the heart of the inner area as the outside area was taken care of by the other players. Basically I was a backup damage supporter that wiped the leftover stragglers. But by all means wind/water can also be used on the front lines since things die fast.

^ That was the only times I use whirlwind since being stationary causes the monsters to walk off in a cone shape and literally walk out of your tornadoes. So in saying that, it's always better to not plant yourself as wind/anything and be mobile instead and make use of those lovely CDs for more efficiency. This was also the time to make use of tornado bomb at the red areas where scorching/fen would be if timed right.

---

I find charybdis annoying as heck, not their luck, but their annoying running around like dead headless chickens playing hide and seek and SB x.x
Thank goodness for fast CD on wind to finish them off fast before they run off again or shoot you to death with shield breaker x 10. Other than that, trapping spells and strong single target spells are your friend.

You could probably have handled 2 or 5 pretty easily like that. Given you also knew what you were doing 3 or 4 may have been possible too. I rarely defend on 1, normally we have a buff and a light mage on it.
I guess for your dream I would do this
1. Wind/earth
2. Water/lightning
3. Fire/earth
4.Fire/lightning
5. Wind/water

---
One good thing about SoT and pheonix rising, and dragon storm. If there was nothing else to kill, I would drop a scorching on them too. But yeah they were a pain to hit. I guess fen will help with the running issue.

---
After trying earth/fire in fiesta, I noticed I can easily take out stuff simultaneously in my 600x800 screen. I can pretty much cover the while space and make a nice mess while I am at it. I think I was having a better time than the wind/light witch who was also there.

07-18-2012   #207 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

Quote:
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Please make a video if you can, I find it very interesting to watch other SM's play xD I'd put it in my videos section if I got your permission. I love having the underdog elements played correctly and shine so that people can see they have its uses elsewhere =3=
Here's the big mess I made in fiesta earlier today
Fire/Earth Soulmaster's Fiesta Furry - YouTube

Obviously not very fluent in technique yet, but I sure enjoyed making this mess C:. (I kind of said "lag in the middle of the video" ^^;.

07-18-2012   #208 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Here's the big mess I made in fiesta earlier today
Fire/Earth Soulmaster's Fiesta Furry - YouTube

Obviously not very fluent in technique yet, but I sure enjoyed making this mess C:. (I kind of said "lag in the middle of the video" ^^;.

Very interesting. And I can tell lol.

Just some pieces of advice:

-You should keep utilizing scorching(when it's not on CD or failed) on top of salamander instead of next to it, seeing as how cleaving only did 15-17k and your scorching did 7k, so that would've finished them off without another wasted earthquake/cleaving cast that could've been used on another 5 & 7 targets.

-I know you were trying to utilize cleaving as a luring skill, but most of the time they didn't come to you as the range was too big. I recommend you to manually attract the aggro snow ladies into salamander to make it work better. It's what I do with wind blade + gnome, I waste more time & exp trying to lure orcs into my space with cleaving than manually attracting them.

-Use some of your fire moves like phoenix and incinerate/dragon storm as filler moves!

Just some food for thought

07-18-2012   #209 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

Quote:

Very interesting. And I can tell lol.

Just some pieces of advice:

-You should keep utilizing scorching(when it's not on CD or failed) on top of salamander instead of next to it, seeing as how cleaving only did 15-17k and your scorching did 7k, so that would've finished them off without another wasted earthquake/cleaving cast that could've been used on another 5 & 7 targets.

-I know you were trying to utilize cleaving as a luring skill, but most of the time they didn't come to you as the range was too big. I recommend you to manually attract the aggro snow ladies into salamander to make it work better. It's what I do with wind blade + gnome, I waste more time & exp trying to lure orcs into my space with cleaving than manually attracting them.

-Use some of your fire moves like phoenix and incinerate/dragon storm as filler moves!

Just some food for thought
Ok I shall consider these. However here are a few other things that come to mind as I read your suggestions.
1. Manastorm as a pssoible lure?
2. A guardian with manastorm? Would I lose some exp to the guardian? It would allow me to cover a few extra directions?

I think I can get a bit more MA by switching to my 372 pstick, do not think that will quite cut it though.

Mmmm carrots.

07-19-2012   #210 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Ok I shall consider these. However here are a few other things that come to mind as I read your suggestions.
1. Manastorm as a pssoible lure?
2. A guardian with manastorm? Would I lose some exp to the guardian? It would allow me to cover a few extra directions?

I think I can get a bit more MA by switching to my 372 pstick, do not think that will quite cut it though.

Mmmm carrots.
1. Yes, and it's basically the same thing as cleaving, just weaker, shorter cast time, but longer CD. I don't have it maxed so I can't tell you the max target # is, but it's viable to use it as a lure skill. HOWEVER I have a general rule of thumb when using lure skills and I'll visual it:

-Casting mana storm @ level 10 and hits 5 targets.
Spoiler!

-Results after casting: Only 1 attacks me back out of the 5 hit.
Spoiler!

To really utilize these lure skills to their full potential, you MUST eyeball the distance between your wanted targets before you cast. You cannot just plant the spell circle from mana or cleaving farther than 2+ inches of your pet because then it will not successfully lure them onto your tail. In the second picture, the distance was 4 inches for the other 4 so they didn't come to me, except for the one that was ~2inches near my pet.

In TO, the estimated aggro radius of monsters when targeted or naturally aggro maxes out at around 2 inches. If you go farther than that, then they won't "notice" you and stay where they are. Additionally, when I say "2 inches" I'm measuring this in terms of ruler to monitor. If you've ever worked with Illustrator or In Design, then you will know 2 inches in real life transcribed onto the document is COMPLETELY different in sizes.

So in saying that, if you plan to use these luring skills, you need to learn to be good at eyeballing distance before you cast. If you master this, then you won't have any of those hit & miss monsters that won't come to you, but a successful lure every time.

---

2. A guardian with mana storm is absolutely terrible and here's why:
  • Guardians aren't "real" characters, they're programmed like NPCs, but not really. I don't know how to explain them. It's like they don't exist and aren't programmed into TO's monster aggro/retaliate register. So in saying that, when they attack, regardless of distance, the monsters WILL NOT, and ABSOLUTELY NOT attack the guardian because they don't exist in a sense. It won't attack you either because you didn't launch the attack.
  • If the guardian's main type isn't magic, then it won't be as effective since they spam their "main type" attacks 90% more often than the other 3 types, regardless if you have like a 5 in power compared to your 6 in magic.
  • It's a complete hassle to manually command your guardian to attack targets and once again, they won't come to you because you didn't personally target the monsters.
  • It's not effective if you aren't in an aggro area with a self defense rune slotted guardian.
  • Unless you slot the guardian with a self defense rune, have a 6 in magic(and only manastorm learned and not put into repeatable slots) and plant yourself in a field of aggro monsters(not passive ones, it won't work) for horrendous results, then I guess it's viable lol. But really, don't do it.

-You won't lose experience to guardians, they never absorb our exp nor is our experience split and shared by a 50/50 split. Guardians gain 10% of your experience if you hunt manually and they don't absorb it from the total. For example, you kill a monster and you receive 50000 exp, your guardian gets 5k from that kill when summoned, and that 5k isn't subtracted from your 50k, understand? So no need to worry about it stealing your experience.
-If you quest, then guardians gain the full amount of the quest experience, not 10% and won't subtract from any of yours gained either.

-As for the covering more directions, I've already explained why it won't be effective since they won't attack you back since guardians don't exist in a sense.

---

So yeah, I'd rather manually run around and gather them into salamander than luring with skills now that I've explained to you more :V

Good luck!

07-19-2012   #211 (permalink)
Games
Trickster OnlineHello Kitty OnlineMabinogi

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

Invading to say you're awesome Almora. It's rare to find someone as helpful and as kind as you are.

also because soul masters

07-19-2012   #212 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikeos
Invading to say you're awesome Almora. It's rare to find someone as helpful and as kind as you are.

LOL ty! I really appreciate it, you've pretty much made my day :3

---

Just know that I'm here to help any existing/future SMs and provide them quality & correct infos to bring out the full potential of their characters. This thread is for everyone, I don't bite unless someone posts something really dumb/rude. I may come off as catty at times, but who wouldn't be when you're asked things that's already been answered countless times or have to deal with ignorant people who refuse to listen & learn.

Other than that, long live Soul masters!

07-19-2012   #213 (permalink)
Games
Trickster OnlineHello Kitty OnlineMabinogi

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

That reminds me, do spaces of the same kind stack? Like if two Soul Masters put down Raion's Space on the same monster, would the fire damage be super-boosted or would it act as if only one Space was down?

07-19-2012   #214 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

Quote:
1. Yes, and it's basically the same thing as cleaving, just weaker, shorter cast time, but longer CD. I don't have it maxed so I can't tell you the max target # is, but it's viable to use it as a lure skill. HOWEVER I have a general rule of thumb when using lure skills and I'll visual it:

-Casting mana storm @ level 10 and hits 5 targets.
Spoiler!

-Results after casting: Only 1 attacks me back out of the 5 hit.
Spoiler!

To really utilize these lure skills to their full potential, you MUST eyeball the distance between your wanted targets before you cast. You cannot just plant the spell circle from mana or cleaving farther than 2+ inches of your pet because then it will not successfully lure them onto your tail. In the second picture, the distance was 4 inches for the other 4 so they didn't come to me, except for the one that was ~2inches near my pet.

In TO, the estimated aggro radius of monsters when targeted or naturally aggro maxes out at around 2 inches. If you go farther than that, then they won't "notice" you and stay where they are. Additionally, when I say "2 inches" I'm measuring this in terms of ruler to monitor. If you've ever worked with Illustrator or In Design, then you will know 2 inches in real life transcribed onto the document is COMPLETELY different in sizes.

So in saying that, if you plan to use these luring skills, you need to learn to be good at eyeballing distance before you cast. If you master this, then you won't have any of those hit & miss monsters that won't come to you, but a successful lure every time.

---

2. A guardian with mana storm is absolutely terrible and here's why:
  • Guardians aren't "real" characters, they're programmed like NPCs, but not really. I don't know how to explain them. It's like they don't exist and aren't programmed into TO's monster aggro/retaliate register. So in saying that, when they attack, regardless of distance, the monsters WILL NOT, and ABSOLUTELY NOT attack the guardian because they don't exist in a sense. It won't attack you either because you didn't launch the attack.
  • If the guardian's main type isn't magic, then it won't be as effective since they spam their "main type" attacks 90% more often than the other 3 types, regardless if you have like a 5 in power compared to your 6 in magic.
  • It's a complete hassle to manually command your guardian to attack targets and once again, they won't come to you because you didn't personally target the monsters.
  • It's not effective if you aren't in an aggro area with a self defense rune slotted guardian.
  • Unless you slot the guardian with a self defense rune, have a 6 in magic(and only manastorm learned and not put into repeatable slots) and plant yourself in a field of aggro monsters(not passive ones, it won't work) for horrendous results, then I guess it's viable lol. But really, don't do it.

-You won't lose experience to guardians, they never absorb our exp nor is our experience split and shared by a 50/50 split. Guardians gain 10% of your experience if you hunt manually and they don't absorb it from the total. For example, you kill a monster and you receive 50000 exp, your guardian gets 5k from that kill when summoned, and that 5k isn't subtracted from your 50k, understand? So no need to worry about it stealing your experience.
-If you quest, then guardians gain the full amount of the quest experience, not 10% and won't subtract from any of yours gained either.

-As for the covering more directions, I've already explained why it won't be effective since they won't attack you back since guardians don't exist in a sense.

---

So yeah, I'd rather manually run around and gather them into salamander than luring with skills now that I've explained to you more :V

Good luck!
Mmm, so the lure distance is very similar to the size of your bolster ballad except I have to shift the centre of the circle onto my pet in my mind. Thanks for the visuals.
My guardians is a superior digrimm so I will just leave it for now. But now knowing the exp thing, I shall summon it in fiesta for healing.
Yeah, that I agree with, but I will still make the ocassional mess For fun

Quote:

I agree, by far she is the most convincing person at turning around common beliefs and is one of the few people who would not just say "do not even bother trying this".
Any ways thanks for your help on everything. It is nice to jump into the unknown when it is known.

07-19-2012   #215 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Im pretty sure spaces don't stack. If thats what you wanted to test Almora xD.
Debuff doesn't go below 0%.

07-19-2012   #216 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
That reminds me, do spaces of the same kind stack? Like if two Soul Masters put down Raion's Space on the same monster, would the fire damage be super-boosted or would it act as if only one Space was down?
They don't stack for sure, regardless of identical skill level or not and oddly they don't override each other when both are casted too, partied or not from different SM character IDs, so they stay on the ground together. They will both act as one super space(as in area it covers on the ground, not further fire damage boost), as mentioned above.

---

I didn't have the resources to test this for 100% proof, but this is my theory of what were to happen if given this situation below:

If we take it further and one space is not mastered while the other one is, whatever mobs that is standing in each space area will take on the debuff attribute. It gets complicated when they're exactly on top of each other, but the one cast last will be more prominent and have priority debuff even if it's not mastered. This also applies to the middle area as well if they were both casted in a Venn diagram-like shape.

For example, let's visualize two Raion's on the ground creating a Venn diagram. Mastered was cast first(blue) and level 10(red) was shortly cast after it.

18 tolerance reduction will be applied to monsters strictly in blue circle and 17 tolerance reduction will be applied to monsters strictly in red circle. As for the middle area, since red(not mastered) was cast last, it will have its tolerance reduction prioritized until it runs out, then blue takes over. Same if it was the other way around, except mastered Raion will have priority the whole time since I assume that it lasts ~2s+ longer and the level 10 Raion would've shortly run out before it took on its debuff.

I'll test this later half for accuracy in the future when I have free master's authority to spare. But the first part of the not stacking super spaces holds true. If you ever happen to stumble on a situation like this, then please don't hesitate to share your confirmations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBerry
Im pretty sure spaces don't stack. If thats what you wanted to test Almora xD.
Debuff doesn't go below 0%.

Thanks for helping me test out the other stuff today. Just wanted to make sure since I don't party often with SMs of my level range so I didn't know, and I didn't want to base it off of shard's confirmation, even though the results were exactly what I imagined it to be

I'll +rep you later since I can't do it now.

07-20-2012   #217 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future

No problem Almora always here to help.
And your theory. I can help you test that. I got a master authority to burn.
I don't usually make skill mistake so I'll gladly help.
Meaning I can relearn grome to lv10, but I would need the skill card

07-20-2012   #218 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBerry
No problem Almora always here to help.
And your theory. I can help you test that. I got a master authority to burn.
I don't usually make skill mistake so I'll gladly help.
Meaning I can relearn grome to lv10, but I would need the skill card
Ooooh, that'd be SUPER awesome. You're the best! We can meet up at 8-10m PST time at the same place we did today. I'll find time to get a gnome space from tech tomorrow when you're away at work(unless you get weekends off).

07-20-2012   #219 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I saw the space stack up question here and wanted to ask - does Deadly Fen slowing effect stacks up..?

07-20-2012   #220 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Quote:
Ooooh, that'd be SUPER awesome. You're the best! We can meet up at 8-10m PST time at the same place we did today. I'll find time to get a gnome space from tech tomorrow when you're away at work(unless you get weekends off).
I'll be on tonight. Also, if it helps future soul master I'm all for it

Our new skill is coming out in August. So are you gonna test them?
The attribute formula for each skill and demension fissure formula.