League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-27-2011   #1 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru
Default Rejoining

So uh, been bored lately, decided to rejoin with a couple of questions before I jump back in.

If I already have a character, do I still get the beginner thing with the daily rebirths?
Also what server does everyone play on
and how much harder on my life am I making myself if I play elf
and what should I do to start out (as an elf)?

Brb, starving.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-27-2011   #2 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

1.If your previous characters haven't passed level 100, you'll get the 24 hour rebirth and all that stuff. If one has though, you won't get it.

2.Glarbage, AnnabelleMarie and a few others play on Ruari. People from SOS and myself play on Mari.

3.Elves aren't bad really, it's just you'll be more susceptible to the dreaded "elf lag". Also if you are doing archery, enjoy your 99% chance of hitting but still miss. Human archers aim faster than elves but elves get two hits. Oh and elves run faster. But yeah I personally ragequit my elf because of MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS and poverty hp meaning if i miss I die. But uh wait for someone who actually plays an elf to post orz

4.Just follow your beginner questline, and do NOT level past total level 100. Abuse the 24 hour rebirth by only leveling your exploration level and not your base level. Get as much AP from that as possible.

inb4 ninja'd

Last edited by Sandrie; 05-27-2011 at 01:13 PM.

05-27-2011   #3 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh.
My account already has an elf past 100 though, thought I could delete and remake on another server.
Oh well. Guess I gipped myself out of that deal.

05-27-2011   #4 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Building an elf in this game is pretty delicate. Yes it's easy to have an *okay* elf, but to have a *good* elf you've really got to map it out, which can be a pain in the ass. Lifeskill, lifeskill, lifeskill, don't forget your windmills, and build your HP and defense as soon as you knock down as many CP-dependent skills as you can (those skills that require boss, awful, strong, etc., enemies).

Being an elf is really not hard, you've just got to be willing to put in the early work. For instance, your melee will be incredibly lacking, so r1 WM is a must (in my opinion, anyway). Other skills that you should rank include Combat Mastery for HP and strength, etc. Any number of things to build up your feeble elf body. If you'd like my recommended routes (skill growth charts) for building an elf (of any particular mastery; magic, range, melee, alchemy, whatever), just let me know and I'll post them up for you.

05-27-2011   #5 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Glarb pretty much said it but...
If you get good enough range or magic you won't even need windmill. I get by just find with just r8 windmill and I hardly even use it. If you do rank windmill though and you never plan on becoming a melee elf like glarb (you'd prolly be better off as a giant or human with melee anyways) rank 9-5 windmill should be enough too.

However if you plan on abusing field bosses then get at least rank 9 windmill anyways. Windmill as invincible frames which can really save you against the field bosses and various other crap mabi throws at you that likes to beat you up with melee. Otherwise if you got good magic ( r9+ bolts and some adv magic) or decent range (when i say decent I mean atleast r1 ranged attack ) then you'd be set for everything else. As for crap with Passive defences always be ready to fire a magnum shot or firebolt.. or a windmill. Those things won't flinch from most other attacks and smash can be risky.

If you really want an easier time in Mabi go with a human. Then you get the other two races (giant/elf) for free anyways later on.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

05-27-2011   #6 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

Windmill isn't particularly valuable for the attack ability for elves. However, the stats are irreplaceable. And, most of the stats come from the upper ranks of the skill. Going from rF-r9 WM will only net you 9 strength and 21 will, but going all the way to r1 will get you 30 strength and 50 will. The thing most elf players fail to grasp is that everyone has to melee sometime. So why would you want to go about it with little to no capability? Without putting in a whole lot of effort (elves have the AP charts easier, but the skill training reqs tend to be a bit harder) you can cap the vast majority of strength-adding skills.

That being said, do I think you should take the route of a melee elf? Hell no. It's not worth the trouble. However, like with all other races, windmill should be a priority skill. With the release of the destiny system, it's not even particularly hard to rank at any rank anymore. Beyond that, prioritize other irritating/difficult to rank skills such as refine, animal taming, mirage missile, etc., and have fun with it lol.

05-28-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Kyouria will become famous soon enoughKyouria will become famous soon enough

People usually recommend Humans since they're the core characters you'll learn many things from combat from - including melee. I'd go with whichever you like. I play an elf and human and love it so far! I especially think elves are more cuter, since they're smaller but that's just me. ^^;;;

Which server will you be on? If you're on Mari, add Tokichu and Kyouria.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask~ XD Or if you need help hehe

05-28-2011   #8 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

I'll probably play Mari, first server isn't it?

Since I live my life making my life harder, I'll play elf. That recommendation would be useful.

I'll stick with range since no dual daggers on elves kind of killed the melee idea for me. I'll still get the recommended skills up though, like Windmill and all.

Not sure about magic though, I found it gimmicky. The one time I used magic while playing was to spam lightning on things I couldn't shoot with bow because of Nature Shield.

Could I like... buy my way back into the new character kit thing? That daily rebirth sounds useful, but if Sandrie's right, my old character's being a cockblock. |:

05-28-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineMabinogiVindictus

Toribear has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679

Since I live my life making my life harder, I'll play elf. That recommendation would be useful.

I'll stick with range since no dual daggers on elves kind of killed the melee idea for me. I'll still get the recommended skills up though, like Windmill and all.

Not sure about magic though, I found it gimmicky. The one time I used magic while playing was to spam lightning on things I couldn't shoot with bow because of Nature Shield.

Could I like... buy my way back into the new character kit thing? That daily rebirth sounds useful, but if Sandrie's right, my old character's being a cockblock. |:
of course you can always make your elf an alchemist~
who needs range

05-28-2011   #10 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:

The way you "buy" your way back into that new character thing is deleting all current characters on your account (pets included). Then, create a new character with the free card that you will be given (my recommendation, like everyone else, is to make a human with THAT card). Make a human, then use that human to get an elf and a giant character card from their respective villages. That way you'll get 2 more characters, for 3x the storage.

And technically no, Mari isn't the first server. Nao was the CBT server, and was the first one. When OBT released, Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach servers were all released at the same time. Yes the IP address/hardware of the Nao server was the one used for the Mari server, but all OBT servers were released at the same time. Also, Mari is generally known among the Mabinogi community as the loldrama server (no intent to offend Mari players, but you know it's true). Ruairi is known to generally have the most efficient hackers/modders (generally like... 95% of all mods you see on the English-speaking net are distributed by Ruairi players). Tarlach is known as the "noobie" server (not because it only has noobs, but rather because it has the lowest concentration of "pro" players). Alexina isn't really known as anything, though it actually has some of the best players (being the newest server, it still has a large concentration of people with total level over 4000).

Anyway, I've got no particular server recommendation for you. Mari and Ruairi would be best since there are guilds on both servers that would welcome and help you get started (Wish on Mari, Kirameki on Ruairi).

Anyway, feel free to add me regardless. My main character is a giant on Ruairi, named Himself.

05-28-2011   #11 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Pets aren't included. You can delete all your characters and you get the free card even if you don't kill your pets. RK did it before on his old acc.

edit: forgot to mention...
Your acc still holds info for old characters even when you delete them. So if you killed off your current elf and made a new character you wouldn't get the free noob service. You'd have to make a new account.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Last edited by Dani; 05-28-2011 at 12:17 PM.

05-28-2011   #12 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

So I can get all the experiences of playing with an MMORPG community at Mari? DEAL.

Is there any disadvantage of making an elf off the free card from humans? I heard something that sounds like it makes the character a subordinate of humans and implied restrictions and was like, "wut."

Alchemy looks hard as hell to work with. You need various catalysts and all that, I didn't get it at all. ;_;

05-28-2011   #13 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
So I can get all the experiences of playing with an MMORPG community at Mari? DEAL.

Is there any disadvantage of making an elf off the free card from humans? I heard something that sounds like it makes the character a subordinate of humans and implied restrictions and was like, "wut."

Alchemy looks hard as hell to work with. You need various catalysts and all that, I didn't get it at all. ;_;
No such restrictions at all. Only thing it'll actually do is write "Assistant" on the menu on the right in the character selection screen.

Alchemy's not really hard, only certain skills are a pain in the ass. It's sort of like lifeskilling in order to battle (if you do the more difficult skills, anyway). The skills give stamina though, which is useful.

05-28-2011   #14 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Oh, I see.
Would I be able to access the premium hairstyles and such on creation? Or will I have to buy a premium rebirth card for that?

Really now? I might try it then, ranking it up at least.

I think that might be all for now until I actually finish downloading sometime tomorrow/later in the week and get on.

05-28-2011   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Oh, I see.
Would I be able to access the premium hairstyles and such on creation? Or will I have to buy a premium rebirth card for that?

I think that might be all for now until I actually finish downloading sometime tomorrow/later in the week and get on.
as soon you get used to mabi, you can have free drama by just field bossing!

05-28-2011   #16 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toribear
as soon you get used to mabi, you can have free drama by just field bossing!

You might want to touch up your chart a bit, those 4 field bosses tend to have a pattern for when they spawn. Normally neid spawns first, then gator, then lion, then prairie dragon, on the same channel. It's an order and they normally occur one after the other, spawning within 10-20 minutes of each other.

Quote:
Oh, I see.

You can access them only for free with the first card they give you. The "assistant" cards don't allow access to the premium stuff on creation.

05-28-2011   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
You might want to touch up your chart a bit, those 4 field bosses tend to have a pattern for when they spawn. Normally neid spawns first, then gator, then lion, then prairie dragon, on the same channel. It's an order and they normally occur one after the other, spawning within 10-20 minutes of each other.
i guess you don't know this becuase you don't field boss but ever since G13 came out, they changed the pattern of the field boss, so they don't do that anymore

you can have this outdated chart then

05-28-2011   #18 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Welp whatever, this isn't the thread for that anyway.

Anyway yeah dot, alch skills are pretty handy for elves. I recommend Barrier Spikes asap, it's very handy. Beyond that, the masteries and fighting alch skills are always a plus.

06-03-2011   #19 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Update post.

So, got around to starting up the game like, midnight of two days ago. I still have the ability to rebirth daily, which is good, because I thought the edit on Dani's post meant no daily rebirths, but still works. Unless I miscalculated my old character's levels and she was actually under 100 levels, I'll never know now.
Nihiru on Mari (because I'm so creative with new names). Tried adding Glarbage, but it didn't work, sent invites to Kyouria, don't know anyone elses' name.

So uh, what exploration things can I do to abuse the daily rebirth thing and how/where? Spamming Lost Elf and quest boards is slow.

06-03-2011   #20 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Make sure you put Ruari when adding glarb.

This is a cor map and all the spawn points for treasure chests. Go around and use an l-rod to find them, collect the artifacts and have voight identify/restore them. You have to identify to have him accept it, but restored ones give more exp and stuff. Voight might break it though, so yeah.

Alternatives is rafting (if you can get someone to bring you), or sketching the desert dragon when it spawns since the dd event is back. It spawns every 4 hours on the sheep mark.