Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-25-2011   #1 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Grand ChaseLuniaMapleStoryLost Saga
Awards Facebook Fan

Veggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Veggi
Guild: -
Default Need some advice.

Situation:
After listening to some people in the game, I had accidently went to G2, skipping G1 and its entirety.The dungeons such as Math,Forina, and Barri are rather hard and troublesome, and I had lost everything but my sword overall, but i managed to get back on my feet and complete those. Right now i had finished the
Question #1: I've gotten to the point where Im good deed's, should i still continue?
Question #2: The free rebirths, i was told about them that i should rebirth till 100 levels are acquired, shall i keep doing that?

"Words can not describe how much I Love Shnao".

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-25-2011   #2 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

1)It's not the end of the world if you skipped g1, you at most just lose out on some story and the goddess enchant. Although G2 isn't terribly hard to do, it's only ideals that might be hard to find(it's coming up soon).

2)Yes what you should do is abuse exploration level (fossils, rafting, cor artifact exploration, lost elf hunting to name a few), and do NOT level your base as much as possible. You will still obtain AP from the exploration level so you can easily hoard 100s of AP while staying under 100 for the 24 hour rebirth.

04-25-2011   #3 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

1) Skipping G1 just makes the dungeons in G2 all the more difficult, since the skills aren't adequately developed to the point where they are at least feasible. The losing the stuff in the dungeon just makes it more costly, really. And some items lost, like very good armor or expensive weaponry, are somewhat painful to get back from the Lost and Found.

2) As Sandrie said, and as I told you in game before, the greatest loophole in this system is the Exploration levels. Hoarding AP is a must in this game, and, if it came down to it, you could breeze through G9~G12 without bumping up the difficulty to ungodly levels of pain (i.e., Adv. and Hard). You can get these said Exploration levels pumped in the continent of Iria via Quest Boards, Rafting, Artifact Appraisals, Wyvern Hunting, Iria dungeon running, L-Rod discovering, and such.

-Rafting would probably help the most at your point with a good Thunder-toting mage or two to main the killing. I know a few people, so I could help you with rafting later.
-Wyvern Hunting can be painful, but it racks up the points if you manage to kill a good amount of Wyverns.
-I'm not too sure about Artifact appraisals. It's easy to do, but that requires some far out exploring in Cor, and, because you don't have a flying mount, that will take much longer to do than the other two options above.
-Iria dungeons are tougher than Ulaid dungoens in general, but they have some exploration points added when you clear them. Still, the first 2 options are recommended over this.
-Doing the quest board missions would probably be the best method for you since they give so little Experience points, letting you able to crank your exploration levels to the greatest output before level 100.

I strongly urge you to consider options 1, 2, and 5. Rafting and Wyvern Hunting is fun, and Quest Boards are the best method for the loop hole.

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

04-25-2011   #4 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzai
-I'm not too sure about Artifact appraisals. It's easy to do, but that requires some far out exploring in Cor, and, because you don't have a flying mount, that will take much longer to do than the other two options above.
You don't have to go very far, you only really have to make one giant circle around Cor.

edit: spawn points of map, just make a giant circle around and bam easy money/exploration exp.

04-26-2011   #5 (permalink)
gah lol
Special
Games
MabinogiDragon NestTrickster Online

AnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to AnnabelleMarie
IGN: Annabelle/AnnabelleMarie

vegie sometimes in this game you dont have to have armor or a pricey weapon ^^ you can run naked with a random sword you find on the floor! Just dont get hit. But if u do die and have pricey items just rebless them. you can get Holywater at the church

My Steam ID - My Facebook
3DS Friend Code: 2020-0049-4799
Animal Crossing New Leaf - Aerielly, Town Totoro

04-26-2011   #6 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrie
You don't have to go very far, you only really have to make one giant circle around Cor.

edit: spawn points of map, just make a giant circle around and bam easy money/exploration exp.

Huh. I guess that would explain the guy I saw with L-Rods near Cor not too long ago.

Just never did it near go, so just went off what I knew. Thanks.

05-01-2011   #7 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Veggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the rough

*ill just use this as a question thread / advice thread*
So ive finally made it to the last part of G2 *puffs chest*
But the problem is, i go through it and lost everything even a practice sword. Some people said that the Elf race is able to help in G2 Series. Is this true? Or will i have to suffer? lol

05-01-2011   #8 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

G2 in general is solo, there are very few things that you can get outside help (which are ideals and the mythril mine quest). EDIT: I meant you can get mythril ore from other people, the mine itself is also solo

I suggest doing either the qilla healer's part time job or the church PTJ for some holy water, so you will stop dropping everything. If you dropped something rare in a dungeon, you can also use /logout (type it in the chatbox) and then have someone rez you outside the lobby.

Last edited by Sandrie; 05-01-2011 at 12:05 PM.

05-02-2011   #9 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

So i finally finished G2, *puffs chest*
My question is, are 2h Swords prefered? or a Wep + Kite Sheild?
My a newly made friend had given me his old kite (he said the enchanted were terribad and to fix immediately).
I was able to recover my lance, idk really what to use.
Oh and for the Paladin Skills, Which is prefered to train, and how do you train them?

Last edited by Veggi; 05-02-2011 at 08:55 PM.

05-02-2011   #10 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage

My recommendation is to have on one set, dual swords (dual gladius probably, for the crit). On the other set, have a shield and blunt weapon (mace or bipennis, your dex is probably not high enough to reach 80% balance with a warhammer yet).

Lance is a good option, but it takes some getting used to. The reach is weird, so you'll have to practice (however, Lion Claw Lances are going down in price, and those are the best lances in game right now, so grab one up when you can).

For Paladin skills, do Spirit of Order first. It's a pretty good priority. Reference the mabinogi world wiki for more info on it lol.

Wiki Home - Mabinogi World Wiki

05-02-2011   #11 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

2 hand sword are for you if you use smash a lot. For example, my rank 1 smash gains a +100% bonus from using a 2h sword (a make it or break it in terms of my ability to ohko some things).

A sword/blunt + kite shield is good depending on how your play, since you are a human it allows you to use charge. If you are using a blunt, there's a lot of possibilities for high damage if you have the balance and crit.

Dual wield swords is more or less broken, and it can extend your combo a lot longer. Say N+1 daggers then assault slash than windmill...lulz. They do the most damage but you sacrifice a shield. Also good for using final hit (it's infinite slashing with dual wields).

I don't know much about lances so can't say anything there.

For paladin skills, first rank Spirit of order. That can be ranked by clicking the train button at 100% and click on rank up. Ignore the rest until you get r1 paladin.

edit: ninja'd orz

05-02-2011   #12 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Alright thanks, also, idk what to do after G2? Should i do G3? But i think im not strong enough, so should i continue to use the Free Rebirths? Total level is 75-77 iirc.

05-02-2011   #13 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

I suggest doing g9-g11 if possible, some of the shadow missions bump up on difficulty based on your level (adv is pretty sadlife for me because I suck).

g3 isn't hard, only maybe the baol parts (which if you can get a pro, that won't be so painful).

Also, still continue to abuse 24 hour rebirths, level up exploration level but not base. Stock up on as much AP as you can here, you'll be needing a lot of it later.

05-02-2011   #14 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Sorry about asking too many questions but i have just one more,
I just recently got the skill Icebolt, from what others had told me, its vey effective against monsters. My question is, should i put AP into it, or leave it as it is? Should I use my freebirth into Destiny-Mage? or continue to stay Destiny Warrior?

05-03-2011   #15 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

Leave it at F for now unless you are considering being a mage or spamming bolt fusion. (I don't suggest being a mage in this game though, end game will troll you very hard because everything and their mom has level 2/3 mana deflector). r1 icebolt isn't all that great either, the mp efficiency gets thrown out the window for like some 70 damage. If you get a chaincast wand it effectively becomes a machine gun though, which is useful against normal mobs.

I still suggest staying warrior destiny to rank windmill, because that is a pain in the butt to rank when you have high CP (just ask me...3000 zombies just for awful kills wheee)

05-05-2011   #16 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggi
Sorry about asking too many questions but i have just one more,
I just recently got the skill Icebolt, from what others had told me, its vey effective against monsters. My question is, should i put AP into it, or leave it as it is? Should I use my freebirth into Destiny-Mage? or continue to stay Destiny Warrior?
You told me in-game you want to be a Warrior-type.

So, keep magic at the low ranks for now. From experience, everything later on will have Passive Defenses like Mana Reflector lvl 2 (Magic Deflection) and/or Natural Shield lvl 2 (Arrow Deflection), which both are a pain in the butt. An inexperienced Mage/Ranger going up against a Golem know this best.

As I said before, you don't want to spread out your skills too greatly early on. You'll be versatile, sure, but weak. Focus on a few skills that fit your desired playing style.

Last, but not least: Windmill, Windmill, Windmill.

05-05-2011   #17 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzai
Last, but not least: Windmill, Windmill, Windmill.
I have my WM at r6 now and damn, it's so agonizingly slow to train.