08-28-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Kiwi is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kiwi
Class: Kitty [Diva] to_primadonna
Level: 14x
Guild: Symphony
Default Why do you like Mabinogi?

I've tried out Mabinogi before and didn't really like it, but I didn't get very far to really judge the game.

And I was just wondering why so many people like Mabinogi for? I want to try it again but I don't want to get disheartened so early again before getting to know what kind of stuff comes later on. X:

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-28-2008   #2 (permalink)
Spinspinspinspin.
Games
Angels OnlineAsda StoryAtlantica OnlineAudition

SpinSpinBunny will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to SpinSpinBunny
IGN: Kennet
Class: Elemental Master (Fire) lt_mage
Level: 11x
Guild: CorruptSilence
Xfire: kittyboom

1)Music
2)Community
3)Addicting

Its like Harvest Moon, Only you can actually communicate w/ people ^w^
I left for 7 weeks only to find out my character went from 11->18 @_@

08-28-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Kiwi is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kiwi
Class: Kitty [Diva] to_primadonna
Level: 14x
Guild: Symphony

I've heard of Harvest moon, what is that exactly? o~~o

::edit:; my boyfriend told me, and he wants to know how Mabinogi is like Harvest Moon? x3

Last edited by Kiwi; 08-28-2008 at 06:50 PM.

08-28-2008   #4 (permalink)
/OREYA!
Games
MabinogiLeague of LegendsSudden AttackScions of Fate

n00bE is on a distinguished road
IGN: n00bE
Class: Loli
Level: 3.14159265
Guild: Trolls

1)Unique Battle System (Not just like a point and click or spam a skill game)
2)Music
3)Storyline
4)and...
basically anything in this video

Harvest Moon is a game where you could gather and farm things and also has an in game time system (All I know about the game XP)

09-06-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand Chase

Rippedshadow is on a distinguished road
IGN: Rippedshadow/Colm(134)
Class: I play too many games to name them all. to_raccoon
Level: 0/1-4X

I liked it until I noticed: "crud, I can't get a rebirth..." And the game is basically either technically P2P or F2P for the hardcore gamer, I don't really think this is the best idea to play... It's funner then most, but after some friends you make get rebirth, get pets, and get other cash related stuff, if you're a free player, you'll be left in the dust so to speak.
Dark assasin, Striker, Swordmaster, Dragon Knight, Crossbow(wo)man, Warlord, and Fighter.
Elsword (HK)
Magic Knight (Elsword 2nd job, "magical" branch)

09-08-2008   #6 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

This game isn't like harvest moon. I started playing because I thought it would be like harvest moon, but it turns out I like it for what it is.

The combat system is really unique. It's a change from the common hit f# and click or spam f# to win games. I still find myself challenged by some monsters or combinations of monsters, which is really rare for me in an MMO. The bosses (at least before you learn their AI) are challenging, but not sit at keyboard for 3 hours hitting 2 keys boring.

It is a p2p alternative. I don't think it's fair to call this game f2p but I like the way it works better than the traditional p2p model. You will need to pay for rebirths to continue gaining skills (I heard this may change in G9 but that's at least a year and a half away) you will need to pay for service to do story quests and you should get at least one pet for convenience. You won't have to pay just to visit your character if you have taken a break from the game and the amount you spend can vary greatly depending on how much effort you put in.

The community is also quite good as far as MMOs go.

09-08-2008   #7 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflake
This game isn't like harvest moon. I started playing because I thought it would be like harvest moon, but it turns out I like it for what it is.

The combat system is really unique. It's a change from the common hit f# and click or spam f# to win games. I still find myself challenged by some monsters or combinations of monsters, which is really rare for me in an MMO. The bosses (at least before you learn their AI) are challenging, but not sit at keyboard for 3 hours hitting 2 keys boring.

It is a p2p alternative. I don't think it's fair to call this game f2p but I like the way it works better than the traditional p2p model. You will need to pay for rebirths to continue gaining skills (I heard this may change in G9 but that's at least a year and a half away) you will need to pay for service to do story quests and you should get at least one pet for convenience. You won't have to pay just to visit your character if you have taken a break from the game and the amount you spend can vary greatly depending on how much effort you put in.

The community is also quite good as far as MMOs go.
Holy...I just realized thats similar to runescape D: (the p2p anyway for extra features)

--Frenchbread is

09-08-2008   #8 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

It's similar but I think it's better. Unlike Runescape you don't need to pay to use skills that you have already raised, access parts of the world or wear equipment.