Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-21-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Moovie will become famous soon enough
Default Questions about Mabinogi..

Hey guys, I'm new to this game, Mabinogi and I have couple questions that I'm unsure about.

I did try looking around the forums but couldn't get a clear answer. lol
  • What are the advantages of having NXcash?
  • I hear that G1,G2,G3 are like story chapters, so are they free to all players? Or do you have to pay?
  • What are the list of classes you can be?
  • Also elves are coming out in G5? How long will that be?
  • The horses they just released, any chance they will be free to all players?
  • You have to pay to reborn, is there a disadvantage if you don't?

So that's about it. (I wont be spending dime on this game)

Thank You.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-21-2008   #2 (permalink)
gah lol
Special
Games
MabinogiDragon NestTrickster Online

AnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to AnnabelleMarie
IGN: Annabelle/AnnabelleMarie

* What are the advantages of having NXcash?

If you pay for all 3 services i think was 14 dollars u get a bigger bank, bombs, nao (free res), and some daily items
If you buy a character card you can rebirth your person and become stronger

* I hear that G1,G2,G3 are like story chapters, so are they free to all players? Or do you have to pay?

G1 was recently made free. G2 and G3 still require at lease one service

* What are the list of classes you can be?

You can be anything you want to be as long as you have AP

* Also elves are coming out in G5? How long will that be?

No clue :< but we are soon getting G4 i thinks... in a month or so many G5 at..Summer? or Fall?

* The horses they just released, any chance they will be free to all players?

All Pets cost NX

* You have to pay to reborn, is there a disadvantage if you don't?

I dont think there is a disadvantage...as long as you know how to fight properly but u need ap to advance your skills so you will be short there :<

My Steam ID - My Facebook
3DS Friend Code: 2020-0049-4799
Animal Crossing New Leaf - Aerielly, Town Totoro

12-21-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Ephradil is on a distinguished road
IGN: Ephradil
Class: Magic + Melee = me lt_explorer
Level: total ~~ 2XX
Guild: Dango

It's important to note that AP (action-points,I think) will be gained every Saturday until your character becomes age 25. And you might very well be level 30 by the time your character is 25,so it'll take longer to level up...thus you'll have less AP to use. And less AP = more skills staying at a low rank.

12-22-2008   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Alright so G2,G3 etc will EVENTUALLY be free to all player like G1?

And since I wont do the reborn, my skills will level up slower than the ones who reborn?

12-22-2008   #5 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Rebirth is basicly for points from age ups.
You will understand when you play. If you are never getting reborn you may want to start at age 10 for the max possible AP. (though you have lower str and etc at the begining.)
You may want to look up info in possible AP builds. I myself plan on making an archer again soon~

--Frenchbread is

12-23-2008   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Rusty is on a distinguished road

1) Pets are good for being cheap when solo'ing bosses. (take em out, have them smash the boss, put them away, wait a minute, repeat) You can store stuff in their inventories. Horses are FASTER then humans, and allow you to mount them. Pets can be set to auto-attack, or cooperative attack with you, so it's like you have your own party member that does what you want. Services are nice and worthwhile if you're going to play this game long term. Eventually, you'll probably hit a dead end when you become unable to level easily, and run out of AP from aging and leveling, so without a rebirth, you're bound to become easily bored.

2) G1 is currently free. G2 and G3 are free in other versions of Mabinogi, and will most likely be released to all players in NA Mabinogi, but whether or not they really will be is up to Nexon America. And that's not saying much.

3) There are no classes, you can do whatever you want with your skills. However, it is better to prioritize and focus on certain things. If you plan on melee'ing, you should get skills like Critical, Windmill, Counter, Firebolt (or Icebolt). Bows, you would get skills for bows (arrow revolver is the most loved and hated), and Magic, you would probably get all 3 bolt skills, and healing, and probably enchanting. You can always make a character for life skills, and work on Smithing or Tailoring, but without rebirth, you're not going to get very far.

4) I don't know about Elves. I always thought they were G4, but I see the Mabi Wiki has changed that to G5. Makes me wonder what G4 is about, since the human storyline is done for now. :/ I know G4 is about Iria, but it would suck if it's only content release for a whole generation. G5 can take who knows how long to arrive. Nexon has been rushing through the generations, but you can assume a few months if anything. G4 is assumed to start when this christmas crap ends.

5) Keep dreaming. Horses are making Nexon good money, they would never even think of releasing them to the public. That, and they're pets. Pets are meant to cost money in this game. No other version gives free horses either, I don't think.

6) Generally speaking, yes. Without rebirth, you are eventually going to run out of AP, since you'll age past 25, and you'll probably start to find it difficult to level, and a mere 1 AP per level isn't a lot. That, and after age 25, when you level, you only get 1 AP; you don't receive stat bonuses anymore, hindering your growth.
However, if you know how to build a characters skill, you can build a worthy player, and be just as damn good as most people who play now.
I remember seeing a guide somewhere, probably on the nexon forums, but those aren't working for me, as usual.

Edit: I believe I found the guide I was talking about. Took a bunch of searching.

http://forum.nexon.net/Mabinogi/foru...d/1995054.aspx

Section C and D are the users AP Budget and Build Recommendations. The replies to the thread don't look familiar to me, but this seems pretty good, whether its the guide I'm thinking of or not.

Last edited by Rusty; 12-23-2008 at 12:00 PM.

12-23-2008   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Riyokku is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Riyokku Send a message via MSN to Riyokku Send a message via Yahoo to Riyokku
IGN: Riyokku, Pyriah
Class: LOLOLOL lt_gunslinger
Level: 149, 55
Guild: Vesperia

G2 and 3 will most likely eventually become free to play, but I think that's completely at Nexon USA's discretion. I wouldn't bet on it in the near future unless Mabinogi all the sudden becomes like five times as successful all the sudden, but I believe that Nexon did state that G2 and 3 will eventually become free. I think it's just a matter of whether they think they are making enough money to be able to make those choices without any negative effects to their profit.

And if we are following the paths of foreign Mabi's, rebirths might even become free...but again, it's at Nexon USA's discretion.

(edit: gack, late post is late D: )

Find me on Mabinogi:
-Server: Mari
-IGN: Riyokku (total level 149), Pyriah (total level 55)
-Regular Channel: Ch1

Last edited by Riyokku; 12-23-2008 at 11:18 AM. Reason: posted late ._.;;

12-23-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyokku
G2 and 3 will most likely eventually become free to play, but I think that's completely at Nexon USA's discretion. I wouldn't bet on it in the near future unless Mabinogi all the sudden becomes like five times as successful all the sudden, but I believe that Nexon did state that G2 and 3 will eventually become free. I think it's just a matter of whether they think they are making enough money to be able to make those choices without any negative effects to their profit.

And if we are following the paths of foreign Mabi's, rebirths might even become free...but again, it's at Nexon USA's discretion.

(edit: gack, late post is late D: )
In response to this, here is the URL of the notice that was released about the release of G1 to all players.

Mabinogi - Fantasy Life

If you read through it, you will see they directly say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexon
We are currently only releasing Generation 1 and are planning to gradually open other Generation Mainstream Quests. Please be patient, as we are trying to give premium service purchasers a first peek at the content. Eventually, all of the Generation Mainstream storylines will be free for your enjoyment!
So, as stated, EVENTUALLY all generation quests will be free.

I wouldn't necessarily say ALL, since the story will probably never end. If it were to, and they released all of the storyline to everyone, the games premium shop would serve less purpose. To them, at the time of posting that notice, all was probably referring up to the content of their current Generation 3.

But of course, you can assume they'll go past G3, and probably continuously release content up to, say, 2 or 3 generations behind the current.

As Riyokku stated, it is at Nexon Americas discretion to do what they will.

Edit: Personally, I hope they do follow the path of Korean and Japanese Mabinogi, and release free rebirths someday.

I think Korean Mabinogi did that when they removed their 2 hour play limit to Non P2P'ers, but Japanese Mabinogi followed behind, but increased the rebirth week time for free players to 6 weeks, while its 3 in Koreas. (1 week for people who pay).

I'm sure USA will follow behind someday, but probably go with 6 weeks. I don't mind either way, since you have to be a bare minimum of Age 20 to free rebirth, and I ALWAYS start at age 10. 10 weeks > 6 or 3 weeks.

I also personally hope they release Egos and Transformations to free players, but that would probably come with, or directly after the free release of G3.

Last edited by Rusty; 12-23-2008 at 12:17 PM.

12-23-2008   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Thanks guys, I really hope they make rebirths free someday. Cause I really don't want to pay every time to get good at this game.

The game looks good cause you can do a lot of other things instead of grinding all day. I'll give it a try now.

12-23-2008   #10 (permalink)
/OREYA!
Games
MabinogiLeague of LegendsSudden AttackScions of Fate

n00bE is on a distinguished road
IGN: n00bE
Class: Loli
Level: 3.14159265
Guild: Trolls

Rebirths may become free if we are following the same pathway as the Korean version (Apparently we are, nexon just wants as much into the game as soon as possible that are like extra features)
Korean version got Character Creation v2.0 on G9 which allows free rebirths every -insert how many weeks here- (/iforgot)

12-24-2008   #11 (permalink)
gah lol
Special
Games
MabinogiDragon NestTrickster Online

AnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to AnnabelleMarie
IGN: Annabelle/AnnabelleMarie

didnt korea get free rebirths and g2+g3 after many years Q_Q

My Steam ID - My Facebook
3DS Friend Code: 2020-0049-4799
Animal Crossing New Leaf - Aerielly, Town Totoro

12-24-2008   #12 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

I'm looking forward to the free rebirths if NEXON NA would even bother to implement it

This is Kyuubey

12-24-2008   #13 (permalink)
/OREYA!
Games
MabinogiLeague of LegendsSudden AttackScions of Fate

n00bE is on a distinguished road
IGN: n00bE
Class: Loli
Level: 3.14159265
Guild: Trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelleMarie
didnt korea get free rebirths and g2+g3 after many years Q_Q
Yups @_@ but Nexon NA did release G1 to the public way before KR did. So i might get my hopes up a little XD

12-26-2008   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bE
Rebirths may become free if we are following the same pathway as the Korean version (Apparently we are, nexon just wants as much into the game as soon as possible that are like extra features)
Korean version got Character Creation v2.0 on G9 which allows free rebirths every -insert how many weeks here- (/iforgot)
I'm pretty sure its free every 3 weeks, but I cannot find the proof. I thought I read it somewhere, and I just reread what I thought it was on the MabinogiWorld site, but that only says how the limit to rebirth will be lowered from three to one. I would assume that is for people who pay for new cards, while people who don't probably have to wait 3 weeks.

You also have ot be a minimum of age 20, so 3 weeks for people who start at 17, and 10 for those who start at 10. (me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MabinogiWorld
New chapter will also impact the current character system, the new “Character System 2.0” will allow users to rebirth at any time once the character reaches or exceed age of 20 for free. The rebirth time limit will be reduced down to 1 week from interval of 3 weeks. Character cards will be sold as usual for anyone who wishes to rebirth beforehand. Exp requirements for level up will be readjusted as well, resulting 2.5 times boost up in level up rate than the existing system.
I see. As they say "rebirth at any time once the character reaches or exceed age of 20 for free."

3 weeks bare minimum, if you start at age 17.

Last edited by Rusty; 12-26-2008 at 12:17 PM.

12-27-2008   #15 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moovie
Hey guys, I'm new to this game, Mabinogi and I have couple questions that I'm unsure about.

I did try looking around the forums but couldn't get a clear answer. lol
  • What are the advantages of having NXcash?
  • I hear that G1,G2,G3 are like story chapters, so are they free to all players? Or do you have to pay?
  • What are the list of classes you can be?
  • Also elves are coming out in G5? How long will that be?
  • The horses they just released, any chance they will be free to all players?
  • You have to pay to reborn, is there a disadvantage if you don't?

So that's about it. (I wont be spending dime on this game)

Thank You.
1. Rebirths, service, and cash items.
2. G1 is free, G2 and G3 are not free, as of right now. In the future however, they will most likely be released for free.
3. There are no classes, there's just specific ways that you can create your character's build. Many people choose to go melee first, then ranged. But the skills are completely yours to choose, in any order you please.
4. If I had to estimate G5, I'd say... March. But that's just a guess.
5. Horses are pets, which will always cost NX cash.
6. There is a disadvantage, because you will be severely limited on AP points. However, I know many people who have never rebirthed, who are very skilled.