Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-17-2013   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved
Default A couple of questions

Thinking of jumping to Mabinogi after TO closes. In fact I was going to play now but for some reason the game will not start but while I wait and fix that (Nprotect used by TO blocks a crap load of stuff even Steam games are affected) just wondering if there is a sizeable community ingame that still plays, updates, and if selling Item Shop items for other players is a viable method of obtaining ingame cash. Thanks in advance.

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-17-2013   #2 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Decent amount of players, honestly. Depends on the server though, Tarlach is considered a ghost town, just btw. Updates have been coming in pretty often, but the game has almost caught up to Korea now so don't expect them to keep flowing in at the same pace. Also, while selling cash shop items for gold is a viable method, if you're going to spend money to get the NX cash, you'd do better to sell the cash itself, as players are normally more likely to buy that.

02-18-2013   #3 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Though the alias list shows that the majority play on Ruairi, I was wondering how updated that is? Do any GG'ers still play there? I just went and started on the 'new' server for the hopefully greater population without really thinking about it.

02-18-2013   #4 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

If you wanna play with ggFTW people then Mari is where you should go, but the newest server Alexina has the highest population overall.

02-18-2013   #5 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games

Rhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud of

If I delete a character, will I gain a character card back or am I left in limbo?

02-18-2013   #6 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhois
If I delete a character, will I gain a character card back or am I left in limbo?
how many characters do you have?

you only get a character card if you delete literally every character/pet from your account. its like starting over :v

02-18-2013   #7 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
how many characters do you have?

you only get a character card if you delete literally every character/pet from your account. its like starting over :v
Just one. I started in Alexina but was going to hop over to Mari instead. I haven't done much in my current character, so.

02-18-2013   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your answer. I guess cash would work something like it was on TO? Is the Premium Character Card (25k points) worth the trouble for a beginner?

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~

02-18-2013   #9 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recette
Thanks for your answer. I guess cash would work something like it was on TO? Is the Premium Character Card (25k points) worth the trouble for a beginner?
Cash shop is more or less like TO, including the same lolboxesgachapon. Generally the stuff is tradeable though.
The Premium Character Card gives you a character with a bunch of leveled skills already in melee/range/magic/alchemy/whatever one you buy. I think it's around 100 AP or so, so that's 100 levels. It also had stuff like visited all the places, get their own beginner quests, and some other things I probably forget. It's your call if you want to do that or not.

02-18-2013   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Are those 100 levels and quests easily (including time wise) obtainable ingame for someone who never played the game before? Regarding cash, I was referring to GF/PF but it is nice to know the cash items themselves are tradeable. Thanks for the reply!

02-18-2013   #11 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recette
Are those 100 levels and quests easily (including time wise) obtainable ingame for someone who never played the game before? Regarding cash, I was referring to GF/PF but it is nice to know the cash items themselves are tradeable. Thanks for the reply!
If you tried really hard and did dailies every day you can probably hit level 50-100 within the free rebirth range (3 weeks). It probably won't be the case if you are brand new though.
You can probably get a decent amount of levels doing dailies though or generation quests. I do suggest doing generation 8 and on before you hit total level 100, the quests scale on your level.

Cash shop is same deal as TO yeah. The only things in the cash shop that aren't tradeable are items like rebirth cards and pets etc. The stuff gotten from gachapon are usually tradeable, but not the gachapon item itself. But now that I think about it I guess more of the items from the cash shop itself aren't tradeable.

02-18-2013   #12 (permalink)
Games
Trickster OnlineHello Kitty OnlineMabinogi

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

Don't waste your money on the $25 character cards. They changed experience needed for levels back in December, nearly slicing the needed experience in half from what it was before. You will not have to try very hard at all to reach around level 100, although it does start to get a little tedious then.

The $25 could be much better spent on a couple pets (wait for limited edition ones if you're actually going to purchase them) or limited edition rebirth cards.

02-18-2013   #13 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

They also bring back maids/butlers and commerce partners every couple of months, so you should jump on those once they're available.