Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-17-2011   #1 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Grand ChaseLuniaMapleStoryLost Saga
Awards Facebook Fan

Veggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Veggi
Guild: -
Default Hi there

Hi there!, im Veggi / KC !
I've been meaning to try this game, but im /confused on the gameplay.
If i could get some tips/guides and maybe a disiccion on character i should choose, /friends :]
It seems a bit inactive :x, should i bother playing? But it seems fun though
Thanks!

"Words can not describe how much I Love Shnao".

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-17-2011   #2 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Veggi. Use this: Wiki Home - Mabinogi World Wiki

Other than that, you'd have to ask others more experienced like Sandrie, Harlequin, or AnnabelleMarie. Hopefully, they'll be willing to help you.

Oh, btw, join Mari server if you don't mind, that's where I'm playing. o/

04-17-2011   #3 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Veggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the rough

Lets hope for the best. If you guys dont mind, id really appericate the help. The game does seem interesting based on the gameplay. What i dont understand really is the characters, are there job advancements. The Rebirth i can kind of relate to a differnt MMO. oh and what server does everyone play in?
Shnao: mk ty!

04-17-2011   #4 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Well, I play in Ruairi server, with the IGNs: Himself (Giant), Saerah (Elf), Limes (Human). AnnabelleMarie also plays on Ruairi server. Much of the SOS Brigade guild here at ggFTW plays on Mari though. I can't attest to their activity since I'm not on Mari, but Annabelle and I play pretty frequently.

If you're starting on a new account, make sure to make a human with that first card. When you make a human, you can use that character to get a free card for an elf and a giant.

There are no job advancements, although recently the 'destiny' system was implemented. Destiny system allows you to pick one of four 'destinies', which have minimal bearing on the game (it makes certain stats grow faster, and makes skills related to that destiny train faster). Example: Warrior destiny makes all melee combat skills grow twice as fast, and gives 0.5 more strength per level-up.

The game itself is actually very active, we just don't have an outstandingly large community for Mabinogi here at ggFTW.

As far as a basic startup is concerned, for all characters there are a few skills you *should* train as soon as possible (I say *should* because nothing in this game is really required of you, it's all up to your preference). You should try to train up Windmill, Refining, and Wild Animal Taming as soon as possible. The reason being is that, as you progress further through the game, these 3 skills become exponentially harder to train (a lot of skills get more difficult, but these are the cream of the crop for late-training difficulty).

Windmill and Wild Animal Taming get more difficult because of an in-game factor known as CP (Combat Power). As you train skills and level up, your combat power rises. As your combat power rises, it becomes more difficult for you to find enemies within a certain range of your combat power to train your skills on.

As for Refining, since it *requires* failures in order to train it, it becomes more difficult to train as your dex rises. For giants it is okay to take your time raising this skill, because they don't have many skills that raise their dex outside of life skills (refining is one of these life skills), but for humans and elves, it is recommended to do refining as soon as possible. I also recommend doing it soon because the market for buying ore fragments is at an all time low (at least in Ruairi, unsure of the other servers).

Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to message me at my giant, Himself, on the Ruairi server.

04-17-2011   #5 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Should you choose to play on mari myself and my friends probably wouldn't mind helping out. My IGN is Sandrie (Mari). We are on at random times though, just shoot me a friend request and I'll accept it when I log on next time.

Harlequin got most of the stuff down, I highly suggest ranking windmill (max) as well and wild animal training (at least r9) ASAP, or you'll end up like me with 1000 CP and having to find things that are over 3x times that. ;-;

04-17-2011   #6 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Thank you both for the feedback, i will be Dl'ding the game soon, and will try out the Ruari Server.

04-17-2011   #7 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggi
Thank you both for the feedback, i will be Dl'ding the game soon, and will try out the Ruari Server.
*Poke Veggi*

I might join you since I'm MMO hoping right now :v

04-17-2011   #8 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

You should join me lol !

04-18-2011   #9 (permalink)
I'll be here, don't worry
Games
Atlantica OnlineAuditionAngels OnlineAika Online
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

LaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to LaTale Send a message via Skype™ to LaTale
IGN: Khamael
Class: Wizard/bard lt_bard
Level: -shrug-
Guild: Ciao
Xfire: amittoletumfuzzy

Mabinogi can be a bit confusing at first, but when you once get it it's quite easy~
I'd love to play with you, but being an european and all kinda makes it hard for me.
Good luck anyway and I hope you'll enjoy the game and get many friends~

04-18-2011   #10 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

OP: Wait, didn't you already do this earlier...?

/forum/mabinogi-gene...ew-player.html

Eh, either way, I'm still eager to help.

IGNs: Chromegigas (Giant, main), Chromearcher (Elf), Djinnises (Human), Chromeheart (Human).

I use all four of them, almost equally. Just add Chromegigas for now.

-TIPS-

Spoiler!

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

Last edited by Marzai; 04-19-2011 at 04:53 AM.

04-18-2011   #11 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzai
OP: Wait, didn't you already do this earlier...?

/forum/mabinogi-gene...ew-player.html
How long ago was that, I guess i Made a thread forgot i made one, my bad. That was when the game was really confusing and was lost to the point of abyss.

04-18-2011   #12 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, because of that beginner stuff you get free skill resets and 24 hour rebirths untill you hit level 100. The 24 hour rebirth is rather abuseable, just level up exploration level and you'll get a ton of AP...

04-19-2011   #13 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of

I'll join on Friday since I have a 4 day weekend /o/

04-19-2011   #14 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
I'll join on Friday since I have a 4 day weekend /o/
Im guessing your in CA, if not oh well, but same here i have a 4day weekend and was going to also planning the same thing. But i did read up on the game, seems very interesting.

04-19-2011   #15 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, a good but slow way to make a considerable amount of gold in game is through farming.

Farming - Mabinogi World Wiki

04-20-2011   #16 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggi
Im guessing your in CA, if not oh well, but same here i have a 4day weekend and was going to also planning the same thing. But i did read up on the game, seems very interesting.
Kanada Land \o/

Lol I found out I have 10k NX left from MS ~_~

04-21-2011   #17 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Going to try out Mari server \o/

04-21-2011   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseTiara Concerto

xsugarcastx will become famous soon enough
IGN: xsugarcastx
Class: Fox to_thiefmaster
Level: 152
Guild: [EcKs.T.C]

Its comparable to a glitzy runescape. Hope those guides help.

04-21-2011   #19 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

Gladiat, if you need any help, just add/message Sandrie. I'll be afk most of the day because of the owl event but I'll be on.

04-22-2011   #20 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

What is the reccomended age to start at? Should i start young, or Old?