ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Mabinogi General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/mabinogi-general-chat/)
-   -   Mabinogi has been around for over 3 years now?!? (http://ggftw.com/forum/mabinogi-general-chat/93817-mabinogi-has-been-around-over-3-years-now.html)

AnnabelleMarie 03-27-2011 06:19 PM

Mabinogi has been around for over 3 years now?!?

Think Mabinogi NA passed the 3 year mark some weeks ago but i didn't see Nexon do any special event or five us any special prize :I very disappointed...

ANYWAYS

what has everyone done in the last 3 years? :py16:

Are you happy with how Mabinogi is right now? We are currently on G13 with G14 right around the corner.

Is there anything in the past that you miss and want it to return?

How do you feel the community has grown/changed in the last couple of years?

How does Mabinogi compare to all these other newer mmos out there?

/end of random questions o3o... :py27:

LaTale 03-28-2011 02:37 AM

-popsin-
Haha~ Maybe I haven't been around 3 years. But I've been around for atleast 1 year. Annnd I'm european, but I guess it's okey for me to answer the questions too. :v

1. YEAH, LUCKY YOU. >:V Actually, I'm not bitter about that. ALOT of my european friends ARE though. I wish they could have a bit more patience.
And why yes, I'm happy with how it is currently~

2. I can't think of anything that I miss and want to go back to. The only thing that I actually miss is being on the basic/int stage of the generation quests. G11 is hell on Advanced. <_> -shakesfisttoBuchananintheShadowRealm-

3. It've grown quite alot in the european community, however we're still very few compaired to NA. This is kinda backslash to us, we get very limited on some things thanks to that. I hope we get alot more players soon.

4. Mabinogi is one of the games I've managed to hold me to the longest. (LaTale would be the longest for me. <_>) Haven't seen any other game that have entertained me so much as Mabinogi has~

-popsout-

Marzai 03-29-2011 08:54 AM

Three years? It seems longer than that to me for some reason. ._.

1.) Well, pretty much for the last 3 years it was a series of ons and offs with the game, because I simply became bored from doing the same things over and over again, and seemingly not making much progress (thanks to my skill spreading like a nublet -_-;). It didn't help that I had other games I wanted to play at the time as well, but I always came back because of some of the guild mates I have in Ruairi - even though they're not as active as they used to be.

2.) What's there to miss? (Came during mid-Generation 3) Certainly not the open PvP between Elf- and Giant-affiliates. Troll-worthy stuff there.

3.) The community is as distant as people who walk by and not say a word to in real life. Then there's the cliques of high-levels versus the low-levels. No one openly invites any stranger to any runs, because it's a matter of level, skill, and handling of the physics in game with said skills. Sure, the community is definitely not as bad as NA Grand Chase's by far (or at least, for the Ruairi server), but it still could use some improvement on openness.

4.) Mabinogi still goes strong in regard to its style of play. This is no walk in the park until you level up quite a bit and allocate your AP accordingly. It requires skill, timing, and a bit of observation of monster habits in order to be among the best of PvE. And that's what I like about it most. No hack-'n'-slashy, no click-'n'-watch; just pure skill. Because someone could wear the best armor in the game and lose to Skeletons as opposed to someone with only cloth on with a good knowledge of how the physics work.

Harlequin 03-29-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marzai (Post 1502199)
Three years? It seems longer than that to me for some reason. ._.

1.) Well, pretty much for the last 3 years it was a series of ons and offs with the game, because I simply became bored from doing the same things over and over again, and seemingly not making much progress (thanks to my skill spreading like a nublet -_-;). It didn't help that I had other games I wanted to play at the time as well, but I always came back because of some of the guild mates I have in Ruairi - even though they're not as active as they used to be.

2.) What's there to miss? (Came during mid-Generation 3) Certainly not the open PvP between Elf- and Giant-affiliates. Troll-worthy stuff there.

3.) The community is as distant as people who walk by and not say a word to in real life. Then there's the cliques of high-levels versus the low-levels. No one openly invites any stranger to any runs, because it's a matter of level, skill, and handling of the physics in game with said skills. Sure, the community is definitely not as bad as NA Grand Chase's by far (or at least, for the Ruairi server), but it still could use some improvement on openness.

4.) Mabinogi still goes strong in regard to its style of play. This is no walk in the park until you level up quite a bit and allocate your AP accordingly. It requires skill, timing, and a bit of observation of monster habits in order to be among the best of PvE. And that's what I like about it most. No hack-'n'-slashy, no click-'n'-watch; just pure skill. Because someone could wear the best armor in the game and lose to Skeletons as opposed to someone with only cloth on with a good knowledge of how the physics work.

1. Okay.

2. 13 generations of content now? Granted, 4-6 offered no storyline, 7 offered a shitty storyline, 8 offered a mediocre storyline, but 9 and up has gotten a LOT better. Also, elf/giant PvP has an off/on option, so if you're trolled it's your own damn fault.

3. People don't invite strangers on runs because you never know, man. You might be hunting a dustin helm or fb10 or something. If the stranger gets the kills, nothing is obliging them to give you (or even sell at a discount) the item that dropped.

4. Yes.