Games
MabinogiLeague of LegendsSudden AttackScions of Fate

n00bE is on a distinguished road
IGN: n00bE
Class: Loli
Level: 3.14159265
Guild: Trolls
Default When you first started playing

So i was just wondering what was going through everyones minds when they first started playing Mabi.

Did you think that the gameplay was hard for you?
Did you want to achieve something?
What did you do?
Did you think you would like this game?
How did you have fun?

Me, I admit i had difficulty understanding how to play and how the skills worked (Curse you hack and slash MMOs). When i eventually got a hang of it i had fun playing with many friends. Good times, good memories for me.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-26-2009   #2 (permalink)
Go Canada!

Zephy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zephy
IGN: Zephy
Guild: My Harem, [JW]

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bE
So i was just wondering what was going through everyones minds when they first started playing Mabi.

What did you do?
How did you have fun?

Me, I admit i had difficulty understanding how to play and how the skills worked (Curse you hack and slash MMOs). When i eventually got a hang of it i had fun playing with many friends. Good times, good memories for me.

I heard this game from several sources. Frankly speaking, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. Then I convinced the My Harem guild to migrate there.

Gameplay was rather difficult to be honest. I haven't figured it out till like maybe weeks of playing the game. The thing I like about this game was that you do a variety of stuff besides training. PvP has serious issues though, so I avoid it overall.

Overall, I like the game but now, I wish for more content.

Thanks to Shnao for the siggy and avatar

01-27-2009   #3 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:

What did you do?
How did you have fun?

I'll just answer questions one by one:

nah, just took some getting used to
not really, just wanted to have a fun time in a good game
well, for a long time I just did alot of quests until I got used to the game
I wasn't really sure if I would like it, but now I <3 it
I have the most fun just hanging out with MMOG peeps. :P

Also, quick note: I love how the gameplay is amazingly similar to the Tales games.

01-29-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Rusty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What did you do?
How did you have fun?
I started during open beta, or something.

1) No, I don't believe the gameplay was difficult for me.
2) No, there was nothing of importance to achieve at the time.
3) I did what most people did. I ran dungeons, and leveled up and chatted with other players casually.
4) I wasn't sure at the time, but I was hoping so.
5) [Refer back to Answer 3]

It was only open beta, there wasn't much to do.
The game did get boring soon after it opened though, and I did quit the game multiple times, like I do with every other game.
The thought of having to pay to rebirth every once in awhile as your only means of getting stronger wasn't a very pleasing thought either.

This game, overall, is essentially a pay to play game, or else you won't have access to the full features, and things that make the game more fun and enjoyable.

However, if Nexon USA chooses to follow Japan and Korean Mabinogis, perhaps someday we'll get free rebirths, transformations, ego weapons, and G1-G3 also.

If that day comes, just about everything in this game will be open to you, besides the storyline that will be continued in Generation 9 and beyond, unless of course, you pay to play.

That day will be a wondrous one.

02-01-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Badger is on a distinguished road
IGN: Badger
Class: Knight lt_knight
Guild: Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty
I started during open beta, or something.

1) No, I don't believe the gameplay was difficult for me.
2) No, there was nothing of importance to achieve at the time.
3) I did what most people did. I ran dungeons, and leveled up and chatted with other players casually.
4) I wasn't sure at the time, but I was hoping so.
5) [Refer back to Answer 3]

It was only open beta, there wasn't much to do.
The game did get boring soon after it opened though, and I did quit the game multiple times, like I do with every other game.
The thought of having to pay to rebirth every once in awhile as your only means of getting stronger wasn't a very pleasing thought either.

This game, overall, is essentially a pay to play game, or else you won't have access to the full features, and things that make the game more fun and enjoyable.

However, if Nexon USA chooses to follow Japan and Korean Mabinogis, perhaps someday we'll get free rebirths, transformations, ego weapons, and G1-G3 also.

If that day comes, just about everything in this game will be open to you, besides the storyline that will be continued in Generation 9 and beyond, unless of course, you pay to play.

That day will be a wondrous one.

The day that happens is the day i play Mabinogi for as long as i played RO or even longer, and i spent yearS playing RO...

and to be on-topic:

-It wasn't terribly hard to understand after a couple days of getting thrown in the dirt by angry bears
-hmm, nothing i really remember besides getting life skills up and beating the ciar golem without dying (and later on one was finish G1 but i never got to do that part :/ )
What did you do?
-Trained life skills and did a bit of dungeoning.
-I wasn't really sure about the game since it was a different style of game to me at the time.
How did you have fun?
Life skills, too many church jobs, and talking with friends.

Last edited by Badger; 02-01-2009 at 03:42 AM.