Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-08-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Grail is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Grail
Default How is Mabinogi surviving these days?

It's been a couple of months since I've last picked up the game. I left the game due to frustration from hackers and dramatic people. My question is in the title.

"How is Mabinogi surviving these days?" in other words, how's everything going there. Are hackers still running rampant in-game?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-08-2012   #2 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

I have no idea about hackers and stuffs. But, I'm pretty sure that the game's still pretty enjoyable, considering that I'm playing Herminogi.

This is Kyuubey

08-08-2012   #3 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

From what I've seen, hacking has died down to a minimum. At least on Ruairi (the population there fatally decreased since my hiatus three months ago). If you don't know what's going on:

-Fighter is out. Knuckles now usable by all Races.
-Mabinogi: Genesis. Pretty much Advent of the Goddess (G1) Remastered. Now Elves and Giants can participate and complete the storyline.
-Bard is out. Pick up an instrument, give buffs, apply debuffs, and use your instruments as your weapons, in general.

Pretty much it.

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

08-10-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Grail is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Grail

Ah, interesting. I wonder how things are in Tarlach. How much do those beam swords go for now? I have a few just rotting in my inventory that I know of. (Or was in my house... But I can obtain those from storage)

08-11-2012   #5 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage

Tarlach is still a ghost town. At least, that's what I've been told.

08-14-2012   #6 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Nobody goes on tarlach. `-`

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

08-15-2012   #7 (permalink)
VIP
Games
MabinogiVindictusDungeon Fighter OnlineLineage

Dread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura about
Class: GeassGundam to_champion

i left bc the same reason as you and im not giving nexon any money or time usless they magical give me my stuff back...hope everyone still have fun in mabi those who are left.

08-19-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLeague of LegendsFantasy Earth Zero

CloudEnvy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to CloudEnvy

What kind of hacks were going on?

I recently picked this game back up after not playing for a year. On Alexandria it's pretty populated and I rather enjoy the game. Although my Alexandria character is new, my character I've had for 4 or 5 years is on Mari and it's not super populated.

In my opinion, this game is still enjoyable as long as you have people to play with. Playing this game by yourself is very dull. As for hackers, didn't know there was a hacker problem.

This game seems to be slowly dying, but it's still enjoyable.

SDGO(Kr) in-game name: Tryce
LoL in-game name: AsteriskBlues

08-19-2012   #9 (permalink)
很可爱很想吃掉
Games
LuniaMabinogiEden EternalVindictus

Cookies has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Cookies

Mabinogi was ridden with channel crashes which cause the loss of items to be a common occurrence, glitches that literally made characters inaccessible for months, and there was a period of over 2 months when the friend/guild communication system was completely down.
Not to mention dupers, and hackers who were able to crash channels, buy items without paying or even make people's items disappear.

Although most of the hacking that were going on has died down and NexonNA probably gave compensation to a lot of people, but the items don't come with the same enchants/colors. And there are still some people that haven't got theirs, myself included.

The game is pretty good if you're lucky enough to not encounter any problems.

08-27-2012   #10 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage

**Alexina

And the hacking issues have mostly been taken care of now. The most recent issue was duping, but they went on a banning spree (and went overboard on it by the way), and they're now in the processes of investigating people's actual association with the duping issue.

09-25-2012   #11 (permalink)
VIP
Games
Trickster OnlinePhantasy Star UniverseLuna OnlineBattlestar Galactica Online

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Cait Send a message via AIM to Cait Send a message via MSN to Cait Send a message via Yahoo to Cait Send a message via Skype™ to Cait
IGN: Caiterz
Class: bunny to_champion
Level: 271
Guild: «Firefly» «Serenity» (Join Them! ^_^)
Xfire: Caiternoodle

noooo Q_Q My dream to be a bard and not be useless will never come true!