ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Mabinogi General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/mabinogi-general-chat/)
-   -   How is Mabinogi surviving these days? (http://ggftw.com/forum/mabinogi-general-chat/115782-how-mabinogi-surviving-these-days.html)

Grail 08-08-2012 10:17 AM

How is Mabinogi surviving these days?

It's been a couple of months since I've last picked up the game. I left the game due to frustration from hackers and dramatic people. My question is in the title. :py53:

"How is Mabinogi surviving these days?" in other words, how's everything going there. Are hackers still running rampant in-game?

Silver Rook 08-08-2012 11:07 AM

I have no idea about hackers and stuffs. But, I'm pretty sure that the game's still pretty enjoyable, considering that I'm playing Herminogi.

Marzai 08-08-2012 06:32 PM

From what I've seen, hacking has died down to a minimum. At least on Ruairi (the population there fatally decreased since my hiatus three months ago). If you don't know what's going on:

-Fighter is out. Knuckles now usable by all Races.
-Mabinogi: Genesis. Pretty much Advent of the Goddess (G1) Remastered. Now Elves and Giants can participate and complete the storyline.
-Bard is out. Pick up an instrument, give buffs, apply debuffs, and use your instruments as your weapons, in general.

Pretty much it.

Grail 08-10-2012 09:49 PM

Ah, interesting. I wonder how things are in Tarlach. How much do those beam swords go for now? I have a few just rotting in my inventory that I know of. (Or was in my house... But I can obtain those from storage)

Harlequin 08-11-2012 05:51 PM

Tarlach is still a ghost town. At least, that's what I've been told.

Dani 08-14-2012 11:32 PM

Nobody goes on tarlach. `-`

Dread 08-15-2012 03:55 AM

i left bc the same reason as you and im not giving nexon any money or time usless they magical give me my stuff back...hope everyone still have fun in mabi those who are left.

CloudEnvy 08-19-2012 11:12 AM

What kind of hacks were going on?

I recently picked this game back up after not playing for a year. On Alexandria it's pretty populated and I rather enjoy the game. Although my Alexandria character is new, my character I've had for 4 or 5 years is on Mari and it's not super populated.

In my opinion, this game is still enjoyable as long as you have people to play with. Playing this game by yourself is very dull. As for hackers, didn't know there was a hacker problem.

This game seems to be slowly dying, but it's still enjoyable.

Cookies 08-19-2012 02:56 PM

Mabinogi was ridden with channel crashes which cause the loss of items to be a common occurrence, glitches that literally made characters inaccessible for months, and there was a period of over 2 months when the friend/guild communication system was completely down.
Not to mention dupers, and hackers who were able to crash channels, buy items without paying or even make people's items disappear.

Although most of the hacking that were going on has died down and NexonNA probably gave compensation to a lot of people, but the items don't come with the same enchants/colors. And there are still some people that haven't got theirs, myself included.

The game is pretty good if you're lucky enough to not encounter any problems.

Harlequin 08-28-2012 12:30 AM

**Alexina

And the hacking issues have mostly been taken care of now. The most recent issue was duping, but they went on a banning spree (and went overboard on it by the way), and they're now in the processes of investigating people's actual association with the duping issue.

Cait 09-25-2012 05:55 PM

noooo Q_Q My dream to be a bard and not be useless will never come true!