01-13-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

NByeol is on a distinguished road
Default KLunia 2009年 SideStep Guild Video

YouTube - KLunia 2009年 SideStep Guild Video

It was hard to find video.
Because the old video.

Last edited by Role; 01-13-2011 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Fixed vid

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-13-2011   #2 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

can you find recent video of klunian's pvp or staging? .-.
idk how to type hangul lol

01-14-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

NByeol is on a distinguished road

It's the recently video. click please▼
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgw_h8T4iKM

Last edited by NByeol; 01-14-2011 at 05:44 AM.

01-14-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

rainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nice
IGN: yuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NByeol
It's the recently video. click please▼
YouTube - [kLunia]비호감 vs 루시퍼아*스 2~3경기
people in ijji Lunia have a problem against high damage, but after watching this video, it seems the real problem is people in ijji Lunia are too lazy to upgrade their equipment. i am very jealous of this video because i am tired of always restricting myself just so people don't cry, and i am sure other people with good equipment are tired too

01-14-2011   #5 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbows
it seems the real problem is people in ijji Lunia are too lazy in general.
Fixed

01-15-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
people in ijji Lunia have a problem against high damage, but after watching this video, it seems the real problem is people in ijji Lunia are too lazy to upgrade their equipment. i am very jealous of this video because i am tired of always restricting myself just so people don't cry, and i am sure other people with good equipment are tired too
mostly its that when you talk about your main char... but what shall people do with their alts which they like to play?
im fine with my tia against 1k + str and vit, even before the balance i used to be
my asuka has some probs but even there i can handle it
ryan is lame anyway
rest is just a problem for me

01-15-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Even before the 500+ and 1001+ boosts became as relevant, people were unwilling to play through any perceived "imbalances". It was really boring to just mash away with only three skills at your disposal for the sake of being "fair". Not only did it not make you a better player, but it made for some really stale play. If people complained less and actually played through the imbalances than Allm would have a much better time knowing what to change and people would actually get better.

and the guy in one of the videos only had ~700str with myth accessories on

Spoiler!

01-15-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
GunZLeague of LegendsLuniaAtlantica Online

Seiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Sachirai l Finkster
Class: Gaon l Dainn to_soulmaster
Level: 8x l 8x
Guild: Rebellion

Quote:
What do you mean with "too lazy"? Ashee already said, that some players have several alts, which they use for PvP, too. Upgrading gear sounds easy for... dedicated players.. They can pay x kg to buy gcoins and special catalysts. Perhaps they just pay real money to fort their gear.. daily gift box IV, or whatever that was.

You can't expect from PvP'ers to fort their gear to whatever you expect it to be like. Even if they forted their gear, there will still be rebirths. That Sieg had like.. 11 rbs and I assume it's a similar case with you. You will still feel the urge to restrict yourself, when you PvP with someone who has, let's say 4 rbs.

There will always be a gap between casual and dedicated players. That's just natural :l You PvP the wrong people, if they cry because they lose to someone, who is more active (or just playing more efficiently).

Edit: Guildie PvP differs often from PvP with random people.

Last edited by Seiskyo; 01-15-2011 at 08:11 AM.

01-15-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

rainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nice

@iARE1337 his build leaned towards VIT. when you have so much hp, it nullifies the giant damage boosts. when i pvp Evades and we are both at 1.5k str, it feels like an ob/tft match because we don't have to hold back (and when i say 1.5k str i'm also including a ton of vit, since upgrading boosts everything)

@Finkster lack of dedication is pretty much being lazy. if you played another game casually, would you expect to have a leveled playing field as the dedicated players? if you casually went to class do you expect an A+?

i had my main sitting around for almost a year and i can only pvp Evades and Lightens with it. although i am slightly frustrated, i will still have the need to lower myself to balance the match against lower str players. it's just not fun when i kill people in 2-3 skills.
a few months ago i figured hey i just have to wait for everyone else to catch up, but guess what i'm still using my low stat/lvl eir, and i even nerfed yuck's build to lvl 1~3 skills. for me, having an alt used to be because my main's build wasn't good enough and i was losing too much, but now having an alt is for the opposite

Last edited by rainbows; 01-15-2011 at 09:21 AM.

01-15-2011   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Bloodline ChampionsRumble FighterEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event Winner

silklash has a spectacular aura aboutsilklash has a spectacular aura aboutsilklash has a spectacular aura about
Guild: Fusion

you cant expect people and their alts to keep up with you when you spend your time gearing up one person
not everyone plays 1 character either
its not even about "dedication" when you have to buy cs and level yourself back up every 2 months for every single character u want to pvp with
its a chore and very time consuming to level up each individidual character

especially for those who do not belong to stage oriented guilds and cannot find efficient grinding parties
not that most pvpers would want to grind in the first place
gear shouldnt even be an incentive to 1v1 pvp, not that i would see any fun in beating up people who were less geared than me
its almost like saying "i took the time to level up my krieg and i should be able to use it and everyone else should be making kriegs so they can pvp on the same level as me"
(assuming kriegs have the same ridiculous 1hko dmg and perma endu frames back when i used to play)

i wouldn't say it would be "lowering yourself" to take off a few pieces of gear, it is just courtesy, and will probably provide a more challenging match

its because of people with their "i farmed this gear so i can use it" mindset who partially destroyed the competitive side of pvp, the people who actually were competitive didnt really have the time to be farming money when they'd rather just pvp for fun instead (losing to gear is NOT fun)

and yeah in that vid.... the damage was quite low

Nice vid.

01-15-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Seiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
@Finkster lack of dedication is pretty much being lazy. if you played another game casually, would you expect to have a leveled playing field as the dedicated players? if you casually went to class do you expect an A+?

i had my main sitting around for almost a year and i can only pvp Evades and Lightens with it. although i am slightly frustrated, i will still have the need to lower myself to balance the match against lower str players. it's just not fun when i kill people in 2-3 skills.
a few months ago i figured hey i just have to wait for everyone else to catch up, but guess what i'm still using my low stat/lvl eir, and i even nerfed yuck's build to lvl 1~3 skills. for me, having an alt used to be because my main's build wasn't good enough and i was losing too much, but now having an alt is for the opposite
Edit: silk was faster ._.

I think you forgot, that this is a game, which people play to have fun. Some players might enjoy seeing their characters in shining pixels, but other people would just like to PvP every now and then (upgraded gear is not necessary).

Lack of dedication does not mean being lazy.

Someone, who casually plays a game can still be a dedicated student, who is spending his time to get that A+ you were speaking of.

A dedicated gamer, can be a lazy student.
I'm not saying, that it's always the same case, but there are people, who just log in and play one, or two hours to PvP and not to farm the needed gold, or to pay real money just to upgrade some gear. Calling them lazy is really exaggerated.

If you want to go all out vs other players and if you don't want to kill too quickly, you will have to PvP some other players with upgraded gear (Evades and LightenS as you said for example). Expecting the other to catch up hm.. aren't you rebirthing and improving your gear anymore? When casual players reach 1.5 k stage str.. how high will your str be by that time?

01-15-2011   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
Not everyone wishes (or can) spend dozens of dollars to upgrade everything to the max. By doing so, it's basically ostracizing the casual players.

And most people nowadays don't get good equips for the sake of having good equips, but rather to equip abuse in PVP and take advantage of the screwed up Balance system.

01-15-2011   #13 (permalink)
WTFS_Serendipitouskey
Games
Dragon NestLeague of LegendsLuniaAlliance of Valiant Arms

d4rka2n is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Serendipitouskey
Class: AD, Jungle, Top , lu_sieg
Level: Diamond III
Guild: WTFS

Omg I see me! ( Theres a sieg with full bapho + DS weap LOL. ) Anyways I wish that, allm would add some pre-required skill trees on every character or something and remove the + 2 dyes, It seems that over maxed skills or early maxed out skills take away most of the fun ( like max CC now is like 4k damage...and it only needs lv 65 ).

01-15-2011   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

last year yes i did overspend on the equips for that time, but if you spent that 1 hour every day or two and added them up until now - almost a full year later - you would have made enough money to buy the secret cata/res stones from the market. my equips are still the same as almost 1 year ago, and a lot of times i think to myself "damn i didn't need to upgrade them in such a hurry."

as a matter of fact, i like Lunia so much because it's a casual game to me. i remember back then i would have to grind so hard, but now i'll do 3~4 coc's a week and i'll be able to rb at lvl 90. for example, @silk what does nite do all day? afks in square. if you logged into lunia now and checked the rankings you'd see he's the top rank for cumulative levels, and he's not even lvl 90 yet

if everyone buffed up their vit, they too could pvp kriegs. instead, a majority of pvpers ragequitted as soon as they saw the first overpowered damage (like i said, high vit nullifies the high damage) and that has been bothering me all this time because when one person quits, it means there is one less person for the next person to play with, which makes that person want to quit, which becomes the chain of quits we see today. so the question becomes: are you just gunna quit or are you gunna do something about it?

@Finkster i was using the lazy student as an analogy - as in the student who goes to class and/or studies will tend to get better grades than the student who doesnt. like the player who logs on to play the game (yes - staging is part of the game for those who "haven't figured it out by now") will tend to end up with better stats

01-15-2011   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Etna is on a distinguished road
IGN: Greyhowl
Class: Pervy Knight lt_explorer
Level: 75 (Total 226)
Guild: iReject!

I'd just like to add that it does seem like people could be more even if they hardcore farmed for gear; however, like what the others said, it's just not easy for some people.

For example, I've been considering coming back briefly to check PvP out and possibly play again for an hour every 2nd or 3rd day (I seriously have no time these days) and I can tell you that there is absolutely no way I'm going to catch up with you gear wise, even if I didn't delete my old characters and had a year to do so.

One of the best things about PvP was basically being able to fight on par using personal skills and not having to do what other games demanded, which is grinding for items. It's what made Lunia special and not as tedious, since I could just jump into the fray~ Well, that and the battle system/combos, of course.

Oh well, I'ma try it anyway once I get high-speed internet again~ No idea how long I'll stay though.
Disgaea-31 Dain

yay im now the machine! the terminator! the w/e you want me to be! fun fun xD join mah fanclub.. nao! http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/grou...not-human.html

Property of Hana. <3 ya honey!
No worries! the handsome hero will be back shortly!

01-15-2011   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
last year yes i did overspend on the equips for that time, but if you spent that 1 hour every day or two and added them up until now - almost a full year later - you would have made enough money to buy the secret cata/res stones from the market. my equips are still the same as almost 1 year ago, and a lot of times i think to myself "damn i didn't need to upgrade them in such a hurry."

Yeah that works out.. considering you have actually played this game for one year. Not everyone can claim, that he/she played this game for one year, let alone half a year.

as a matter of fact, i like Lunia so much because it's a casual game to me. i remember back then i would have to grind so hard, but now i'll do 3~4 coc's a week and i'll be able to rb at lvl 90. for example, @silk what does nite do all day? afks in square. if you logged into lunia now and checked the rankings you'd see he's the top rank for cumulative levels, and he's not even lvl 90 yet

It's casual for you as a stager/myther, because you have spent a lot of time staging, mything (for more gold, better gear and levels etc) and rebirthing (higher stats, higher exp boost from level 70 and more skill points). For PvP you will have to spend your skill points wisely, too. That, or you have enough skill points to have a decent build for myth and PvP. People with less rebirths need longer to reach level 90. For once I can speak from my little experience with my 6 rebirths only. <.<

If everyone buffed up their vit, they too could pvp kriegs. instead, a majority of pvpers ragequitted as soon as they saw the first overpowered damage (like i said, high vit nullifies the high damage) and that has been bothering me all this time because when one person quits, it means there is one less person for the next person to play with, which makes that person want to quit, which becomes the chain of quits we see today. so the question becomes: are you just gunna quit or are you gunna do something about it?

Does that count even when that Krieg buffed his equipment too and deals even more damage? I have no idea tell me please. What's so terrible about quitting this game? I think it's better than wasting x amounts of real money, or using up time too much time to farm gold, just to get overkilled, because of eventual future changes. When new gear gets released, PvP'ers would have to repeat that cycle to catch up again anyway, let alone the regular rebirthing.

@Finkster i was using the lazy student as an analogy - as in the student who goes to class and/or studies will tend to get better grades than the student who doesnt. like the player who logs on to play the game (yes - staging is part of the game for those who "haven't figured it out by now") will tend to end up with better stats

And I just said:

More gaming -> evtl. worse school grades and vice versa. Is that wrong? o.o;

I know dozens of people, who stage only to have a decent level for PvP. When lunia was hosted by tft, I leveled by PvPing from.. like lv 30 to 46. Stages were almost invisible for me back then.
Answered in bold.

01-15-2011   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Elite will become famous soon enoughElite will become famous soon enough

the core problem with this is the population . i don't blame the game for it though, but more like what has happened during the past. the skill glitch, dupe hack, and fk-ups of TFT had caused the population to dwindle by a lot. also, because of the nature of the game, the competitive aspects of the game narrows the target audience by a lot, as the competitiveness of the game has more strict requirements than most games (like the internet speed and where you live).

i think it is one of the main reasons that the game has dwindled to such a minute population. to be honest.. the way that the game is looking right now, it would not seem to have a bigger population in the future. if we had a bigger population, to the point on where certain individuals are not so easily recognized by their skills, would eliminate this issue beforehand.

IIRC, when i played DFO and checked out on the pvp community, individuals who had very good gear were usually notorious and would be kicked out of the room many of the times. what is the reason for people to be pvping against someone else with much higher than them? it is most likely because they don't have someone else to verse.. that demonstrates the issues of a low popularity community.

it does not seem like the popularity of the pvp aspects of this game will be improving anytime soon, which was why i left this game; it is in a state of eternal dystopia. it certainly would have been more fun if i had not versed the same people over and over.. that would also usually tend to halt your skills to an end, since you'd easily predict their movement over time. so in conclusion: i think much of the issues would be solved if there more people populating the game. isn't that what the objective of all games are? if so.. i think lunia has finally reached the end of its life as a product.

oops doublepost

Last edited by Yuki; 01-15-2011 at 08:13 PM.

01-16-2011   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:

if everyone buffed up their vit, they too could pvp kriegs. instead, a majority of pvpers ragequitted as soon as they saw the first overpowered damage (like i said, high vit nullifies the high damage) and that has been bothering me all this time because when one person quits, it means there is one less person for the next person to play with, which makes that person want to quit, which becomes the chain of quits we see today. so the question becomes: are you just gunna quit or are you gunna do something about it?

COC is only available at very specific time intervals. If you have a 9 to 5 job and you live in EST or even CNT, your only viable CoC time is during the weekend because instead of making CoC at a time that pleases everyone, they set it so it just pleases Californians.

Not to mention, to actually GET to CoC, it requires a considerable amount of work for someone new. Good luck making it all the way to M5 by starting out with just Lunia Incar stuff as a casual player. Most people nowadays won't even take you to M5 without 7k+ or CoC without a substantial number of Rebirths. If you or I were to join Lunia today, with no prior experience or gold to buy myth equips with, we certainly wouldn't find it too fun trying to catch up to everyone else. For this reason, it's also why it accentuates the total screwed-upness of PVP. If you can't be a casual player, your only resort is to take your mom's credit card while she's sleeping and buy GCoins for Daily Boxes or Fort stuff.

I'll have to disagree that Lunia was much more grinding in the past. In OB/early 12FT everyone did Yeti Plat/Cobolt because that was pretty much the only thing to do. GNG sort of abandoned us at the end and we didn't get any new characters, stages or raids for several months (by that point, KLunia already had Episode 5 and Bapho Raid IIRC. We didn't even have Episode 4 yet.) Once Siren/Giraffe came out, everyone moved on to that.

The gripe I have with equips is that equips should be secondary to skill, but they're not. They should augment your skill, not replace it. In the past, if you had hax equips, but you couldn't do shit and you fought someone who was skilled in comboing, you were most likely going to lose. You might take off more damage than normally or you might stay alive longer, but death was pretty much guaranteed. Now it's the complete opposite. No skill? JUST COLD SHINE+15 THOSE EQUIPS AND YOU CAN WIN AGAINST ANYONE.

tl;dr: rollback to 12FT and start over.

01-16-2011   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

the things wrong with quitting is 1) the aforementioned chain of quits, 2) the quitters are leaving more spammers to run rampant, which gives less inspiration to new players, and 3) some quitters give their insights on problems with the game, but they quit; they backed out; they gave up; they didn't even try to do their part and fight for it. and that to me is wrong
if all the great pvpers like silk, etna and mystic came back and took losses from kriegs/artas (or to put it harshly - "sucked it up") while staying true to their comboing skills, then i'm sure it will influence new players. i mean how did you guys get inspired?

i like what etna said about how people used to be able to just get on and play, because he didn't automatically assume the game was created to be a casual game and targeted towards a casual audience.

@finkster yes i rb'd a lot, but do u know how long it takes to 70 now? a few hours. and 70 is all you need to rb. you don't have to be as obsessive compulsive about lvl 90's bonus skill points as i am and some others. i was using my easiness to lvl 90 as an example of how much easier it gets after a few rb's. you can also ask people how hard it is to farm r4 equips - easy. and once again i was using school as an analogy

@mystic what i'm wondering is why brlunia's pvp community is so big (or at least the allm blogger said so. i havn't checked it personally so someone correct me if i'm wrong). last weekend there were a bunch of rooms though, which was surprising

01-16-2011   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Bloodline ChampionsRumble FighterEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event Winner

silklash has a spectacular aura aboutsilklash has a spectacular aura aboutsilklash has a spectacular aura about
Guild: Fusion

^ nice theory on why i quit there. except you're COMPLETELY wrong on why i quit the game (half of it wasnt even about pvp since i wasnt even pvping much)
you seem to be thinking that i myself had a problem with this, but im only speaking for those who have less resources to them availiable (i can relate since before i joined fusion, it was alot harder to make parties, gear up, etc.)
plus, i had no losses to "suck up" to (except that one who also had significantly better eqs than me, which i dont count as losses anyways)
the only reason i stopped pvping was because
>enter pvp mode
>see three rooms - - - none are 1v1
>make 1v1 room
>wait 30 mins
>get some random low lvled person
>slaughter them
>wait another hour

yeah face it, pvp is dead, im not wasting my time

theres nothing wrong with quitting
why support a game thats not fun for you anymore, i already achieved my goals and had no motivation to set new ones due to the lack of promising updates

people just being able to get on and play means its a casual game

why even mention rb, a person who just starts will NOT be able to catch up with people who have been playing longer
1 rb is NOTHING compared to the benefits of multiple rbs
sure it gets easier after a few rbs. a few rbs is months. thats months too long for that potential pvp mindset person to judge whether they like this game or not.

Last edited by silklash; 01-16-2011 at 01:53 AM.