Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-16-2011   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Elite will become famous soon enoughElite will become famous soon enough

i don't know. it could be that the br version hasn't reached the time where players are starting to quit due to the reasons that many have quit here in our version. more importantly, i think it is the pandemics that have occurred in our version that had drastically reduced the population in our version (some of which have been listed in my first post). those who have quit due to those reasons was unnatural. so it could be that br lunia has its population flowing smoothly, without any external influences. but yea, my previous point was directed more towards glunia.

to be honest, i think i was just an average player who has looked at different aspects of the game, and played it for awhile. naturally, combos and movement would be ingrained into one's brain after playing that character for awhile. there are some people who have proven to be adept at each character that has came out. what that means is that the standard for being "good" is too low IMO. the competitiveness.. it is just too low. i am positive that everyone would be better if there were more people. sry that i keep rambling about the issue of population, but i think it is the root issue that has spawned much of the other minor issues that we have today.

yea.. my logic for more competitiveness in pvp would be that the more population you have in a game, the less space there is to be good, which means you have to be super good to be recognized. super good IMO is like.. going to the point where mind games determines the results. ours right now is still developing combo abilities (from my perspective with the exception of only a few now).

last, i don't know about people who have played for a long time, yet they are not that adept at pvp.. maybe they just enjoy different aspects of the game more than others.

edit: tho u may not be talking to me.. my first inspiration was YouTube - Lunia war 4th PVP final Movie , posted by jellotime in mylunia .. damn, i like the intense atmosphere.. thats what we need! intensity!

Last edited by Elite; 01-16-2011 at 01:24 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-16-2011   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by silklash
>enter pvp mode
>see three rooms - - - none are 1v1
>make 1v1 room
>wait 30 mins
>get some random low lvled person
>slaughter them
>wait another hour

yeah face it, pvp is dead, im not wasting my time
^hey look.. matchmaking in LoL for xpec lol

almost all games have long wait times when u reach the top
unless of course its starcraft where 32957289375893275 players are up there

01-16-2011   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

rainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nice
IGN: yuck

Quote:
the only reason i stopped pvping was because
>enter pvp mode
>see three rooms - - - none are 1v1
>make 1v1 room
>wait 30 mins
>get some random low lvled person
>slaughter them
>wait another hour

yeah face it, pvp is dead, im not wasting my time
thats exactly what i was talking about with the chain of quits. a bunch of people quit pvp before you = less good people for you to pvp = makes you want to quit. you, too, are both a victim and a contributor to the decrease in population and decrease in competition. and @mystic you're not wrong about the population problem, except what's more important is the population of skilled players. pvp only dies when people leave.

i didnt say people can "catch up" to rbs. i said rb's are incredibly easy and after a few rbs it's easy to level up. you don't need to "catch up" to rbs. if you have that kind of mindset then you would quit after missing 1 rb. there were always casual aspects to Lunia but you cannot definitively label it a casual game. remember the game is also an mmorpg

you don't need coc's; you just need lvl 70 to rb. they even created an "easy mode" for you guys, which is beyond easy; you have to make an effort to get some of the mobs to lay a pixel on you. any 10 year old can get to lvl 70 in a few hours.
^ now again i don't know if some of you may or may not know that "easy mode" fact but like i said before - one of the things wrong with certain particular quitters is they decide they can be able to give a 100% "relevant" insight on the game after they've quit.

01-16-2011   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Bloodline ChampionsRumble FighterEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event Winner

silklash has a spectacular aura aboutsilklash has a spectacular aura aboutsilklash has a spectacular aura about
Guild: Fusion

you were just saying yourself about how its a pain for you when people who are "lazy" don't have their vit equips to go against people in pvp. A good chunk of the stats comes from rbs. now you're saying you don't need to catch up in rbs
sorry not everyone can easily make billions of g to afford these godly equips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
^hey look.. matchmaking in LoL for xpec lol

almost all games have long wait times when u reach the top
unless of course its starcraft where 32957289375893275 players are up there
too bad lunia isnt random matchmaking
would be fine if i got to play against good people, but they mostly pvp within their own guilds or with friends

01-16-2011   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
GunZLeague of LegendsLuniaAtlantica Online

Seiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Sachirai l Finkster
Class: Gaon l Dainn to_soulmaster
Level: 8x l 8x
Guild: Rebellion

I would PvP you D: (not that I'm that good though).. if I wouldn't have to predict + react to any moves and combo a tad bit quicker, than usual..
Would have been fun to PvP some good people.. without lag.

01-16-2011   #26 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

You guys are going off topic now. ._.
Say something about the video!!

01-16-2011   #27 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games
League of LegendsLuniaVindictusDragon Nest

Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Minus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stsim144
Its a video.

01-16-2011   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Seiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stsim144
You guys are going off topic now. ._.
It's a nice video. Happy? x)

01-17-2011   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the rough

i guess thats points to say that people should adapt to other people
everyone has his own tastes, some people like to fight with equalility, others prefer having an advantage or disadvantage
its like telling someone who likes metal , that he should listen to techno since everyone does so

-nice video-

01-17-2011   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

rainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nice
IGN: yuck

Quote:
you were just saying yourself about how its a pain for you when people who are "lazy" don't have their vit equips to go against people in pvp. A good chunk of the stats comes from rbs. now you're saying you don't need to catch up in rbs
sorry not everyone can easily make billions of g to afford these godly equips
the problem here is there are differences of up to 1k of a stat. these lazy people barely make it to 500str. and if you know where the core damage comes from you'd know after a few rb's - without gold carp/sp coupon - you would be able to max more skills. that sieg in the video (i've been referring to the 2nd video this whole time if you didn't know. i remember you saying the damage was 'quite low') did 1k+ blow because he had the sp to max it. and for stats: like i mentioned earlier, people call r4 eq "noob," because it's so easy to get for easy stats

again nice vid i like the 2nd vid the most - where the sieg does 1k+ blow and wiz does up to 2k cbd

01-20-2011   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Adamant will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Adamant Send a message via MSN to Adamant
IGN: AdamantZ
Class: Knight
Level: 75
Guild: DashAttack

Just like to step in and say that those videos were recorded before the Sieg, Eir, and Dainn "balance" patches. Had they been post balance, Blow would've crit for about 3k and whirling sword would be doing 2k per hit most likely.

At any rate, the entire debate in this thread would be warranted pre-balance patches. Unfortunately, it's not even about items anymore.

- Krieg's still have ridiculous endurance frames and damage. 4k fire crushes when you have 12k HP are not fun.

- Have you seen Tia's with maxed midair prison? It crits for 2k on ONE hit and hits about 7 times. Fog still does more damage than it should be doing. Bomb damage has hit me for 1.8k. Mines still do about 3k undecayed, and Tia's love resetting me into all 3.

- My Iron Hammer SLASH has crit for 5.5k-6k, and that's with about 700 STR. Not to mention that the lightning portion of Iron Hammer is now physical, so if I wanna be douchey and let it go through, it can be an easy 11k-12k damage taken off of my opponent if the lightning crits too.My whirling swords (with 1/6 Wind passive) crit for 1.9k a hit. Most opponents I fight are within the 11k-13k range (Mostly SeraphicSymphony when he signs on and TakiTheThief).

- Eir's tears hit grounded opponents now and I've been crit for 1.8k on one hit, and if you get sweet-spotted it's such a huge chunk of your HP bar that gets taken off that I almost feel compelled to play dirty. There's really only one time I managed to avoid all the hits with full use of wake-up invincibility + Play Dead's invincibility frames, but not every character has invincibility frames to use in that situation. Not to mention that Dodge and Sunlight of healing (Maybe some others but those are the ones I see used the most) now have endurance frames.

and so on and so forth.

If people hadn't quit after all the stat-dependency, they would've quit after all the "balancing". Not even Free-mode PvP back in TFT was this bad. There's still a certain degree of mind-games, but then you get half your HP taken off with one skill and wonder why you continue to try.

01-21-2011   #32 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Well, at least you get to see tons of sparkling digits before your HP is gone..

I agree with you Ada.

01-21-2011   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

FrozenHearted is an unknown quantity at this point

I now recalled that edited picture of Zyris where he had done fake over 9,000 Damage with Iron Hammer. Soon it won't have to be faked anymore...):

Last edited by FrozenHearted; 01-21-2011 at 10:13 AM.