07-10-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
ElswordLunia

NerdiePhresh is on a distinguished road
Default A question about GFX card and Server

Well I installed Lunia now after that big update (the 3D effect and so on),
but it started to run laggy and roughly, so I cheked the threads here and ppl
talked about Ijji server is laggy and they should fix it (Griever talked about a boycott o.o) and I have to admit that Im really confused now Im
not up to date so, could someone explain me the situation right now?

PS: Which GFX card is better GeForce FX 5200(min. sys req.) or GeForce nForce
405( my gfx card)?
It could be that my GFX card is too bad. Here is my dxdiag.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-11-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

From my knowledge, you should stay away from any Geforce FX cards, because they´re as fast slow as Geforce 2 cards and Lunia is unplayable with these. And your nForce 405 is not a gfx card, but the chip, so stay with your current card. Lunia should run fine.

Regarding the "lag": Most people complain about two different types of lag.
1) FPS lag if their computer can´t run the game properly
2) Internet lag, because ijji´s server got mad (very rare) or because of their poor connection to the server.

To find out if you lag, you execute a tracert from your system prompt in Windows. There you can see your expected ping and if any packets are lost.
Code:
tracert -d ijji.com
I´m from Germany too and my ping is around 180ms. There´s a small delay but most of the stuff you encounter won´t annoy you.

07-11-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
ElswordLunia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibak
From my knowledge, you should stay away from any Geforce FX cards, because they´re as fast slow as Geforce 2 cards and Lunia is unplayable with these. And your nForce 405 is not a gfx card, but the chip, so stay with your current card. Lunia should run fine.

Regarding the "lag": Most people complain about two different types of lag.
1) FPS lag if their computer can´t run the game properly
2) Internet lag, because ijji´s server got mad (very rare) or because of their poor connection to the server.

To find out if you lag, you execute a tracert from your system prompt in Windows. There you can see your expected ping and if any packets are lost.
Code:
tracert -d ijji.com
I´m from Germany too and my ping is around 180ms. There´s a small delay but most of the stuff you encounter won´t annoy you.
Tyvm, so I entered that code into my system and I got this, guess my ping is ok,not sure:

And I think I got this FPS Lag cuz before that update the game ran perfect, fluent like a river,in case that I got this FPS lag what can I do to avoid it ?

07-11-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

I had this same issue too on my old laptop. The game ran just fine before that on medium-high settings, but afterwards even at the LOWEST settings the game was unplayable.

/forum/lunia-guides/...un-faster.html

Once I did that, it got Lunia back up to normal and I could play it without lag on medium settings.

Depending on what gfx card you have, some will allow you to prioritize performance over picture quality. Honestly, I don't notice much difference in terms of picture quality between setting my gfx card to performance over quality/battery life. Worth a try.

You should also DEFRAG if you haven't already. Also downloading CCleaner helps a ton. All of these things combined won't fix the issue entirely, but it should make it a bit better.

Last edited by Griever; 07-11-2011 at 04:26 PM.

07-12-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
ElswordLunia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
I had this same issue too on my old laptop. The game ran just fine before that on medium-high settings, but afterwards even at the LOWEST settings the game was unplayable.

/forum/lunia-guides/...un-faster.html

Once I did that, it got Lunia back up to normal and I could play it without lag on medium settings.

Depending on what gfx card you have, some will allow you to prioritize performance over picture quality. Honestly, I don't notice much difference in terms of picture quality between setting my gfx card to performance over quality/battery life. Worth a try.

You should also DEFRAG if you haven't already. Also downloading CCleaner helps a ton. All of these things combined won't fix the issue entirely, but it should make it a bit better.
Hm well, I tried now everything the guide,ccleaner etc. Its still the same, low fps :x
(defraging right now)

Last edited by NerdiePhresh; 07-12-2011 at 08:44 AM.

07-12-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of

If none of that works I guess you're screwed. `O`

07-12-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
ElswordLunia

Allright, I defraged now my whole System and it seems to run a bit better than before =](Well on Low Settings) Thanks. I also have a question about the overclocking part in your "Make Lunia run faster" Guide, I cant find the Clock Frequency Settings tab, guess its not implented.

07-12-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Depending on your gfx card, you may have some sort of equivalent option, but not necessarily the same name and whatnot.

07-13-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
ElswordLunia

Allright, tyvm again for helping me.