MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Tech Issues

Zero Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (6) Thread Tools Display Modes
12-07-2008   6 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
1)(verb) - to fail.
Awards SotW Beginner

Sephie will become famous soon enough
IGN: Flanoir
Class: Dacy
Exclamation *Read Before Posting* Common Fixes for Common Problems

If you're having problems and it's not listed in this post, then I suggest you read other threads and look for replies before posting.
This is a pretty brief list, so don't tl;dr this. Most problems I've seen people come across have already been cobvered in other threads. Making two threads about the same problem is basically spamming, so don't do it.

Before reading this, make sure your computer has enough bandwidth, since LuniaClient.exe alone uses over 200 000K Memory, and if you don't close PurpleBean.exe, there's another about 8000K.
If you've got too low of a bandwidth, you won't be able to connect or possibly even start up the game. The only fix is to get a higher bandwidth cap. (Example: "Lunia launcher not loading after clicking play live button" thread)

I've re-organized it so you can find fixes easier. If you still can't find your fix, go to the very bottom. A list with all the fixes will be there. It's my original, unorganized post. So try all or most of them.

Table of Contents
Press CTRL+F and type in the 'shortcut' (Ex. [F1]) The problems will be listed
[F1] For Vista Users
[F2] For Vista Skin Users (XP)
[F3] If Lunia's not Launching
[F4] FireFox won't let you play
[F5] Disconnecting
[F6] Fatal Errors
[F7] Your Character keeps moving forward after you stop and it snaps back later
[F8] C++ Runtime Errors
[F9] Lag at Stages/PvP/Log In Screen but no where else
[F10] HanAuthForClient.dll Error
[F11] Error Bad Image (resource.dll)
[F12] Lunia is Already Running
[O1] Other Fixes
[I1] Can't Move In-Game
[I2] Black Screen with only Character Names
[I3] Lagging
[I4] I bought Cash Shop items, but I don't have them
[J1] JLunia patching issues
[A1] The List
[A2] If you still can't find a fix
[C1] Credits that weren't linked to

[F1]For Vista Users
Set LuniaClient.exe on Compatability Mode.
Right Click and select "Properties", then go to the "Compatability" tab. Check off the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" box, select Windows XP (Service Pack 2), Apply and OK. If this doesn't work, try another compatibility mode.

[F2]For Vista Skin Users
The Vista Skin on XP has been known to cause problems. Uninstall it/Don't use it to fix the problem.

[F3]If Lunia's not Launching
Make sure you have enough bandwidth, and your Lunia folder's in the C:\Ijji\English folder. If it's not, that might cause a few problems.
If this still doesn't work, try shutting off your firewall.

[F4]FireFox won't let you play
If you're using FireFox and it won't let you play Lunia, or it makes you re-install something over an over again, [FireFox] download the IE Plugin for FireFox.

[F5]Disconnecting
This could probably be a problem with lag or your Graphic Specs. Close your background programs and hit CTRL+ALT+DEL after you click "Play Live" and before pressing "Start Game". Find PurpleBean.exe and close it, then select "Options". Lower your graphic settings there, it's pretty self-explanatory. If this doesn't work, try shutting off your firewall.
Other ways to try and fix this might be in mluckenbill's Possible Lag Reduction Fixes thread.
If none of the above works, run a virus scan incase you've recently gotten a virus which slows your computer's performance, and if your computer's not fast enough, then you won't be able to enter the server like other disconnections.

[F6]Fatal Errors
Follow the steps provided by GM_Etoile to fix them.
If you're DCing while PvPing, just keep reconnecting to get in. A faster way that works a little better would be to double-click the PvP channel (Balanced or Free), then after getting Fatal Errored, reconnect, click the same server once and then "Enter Channel". Just keep alternating until you get in. This could also work the other way around, with selecting Enter Channel and then Double-Clicking.

[F7]Your Character keeps moving forward after you stop and it snaps back later
This would be called Lag. Close every background program you have on, including IMs (ex. MSN, AIM) and internet browsers. If this doesn't work, close Lunia, press "Play Live" again, then CTRL+ALT+DEL and end PurpleBean.exe. If it still ends up failing, lower your graphic settings by going back to the Launcher, selecting Options instead of Start Game and choose the Lowest setting. You can also customize it to make it the lowest possible. If this still doesn't work, turn off your Firewall.
For a more in-depth guide, see mluckenbill's Possible Lag Reduction Fixes thread.

If your Graphic/Video card is a good one, try to max out all your Graphic Settings, instead of lowering them.

[F8]C++ Runtime Errors
Run a File Check by pressing "Play Live", and clicking "File Check".

[F9]Lag at Stages/PvP/Log In Screen but no where else
Set up a QOS Engine for Lunia on your Router, some routers have this option.
If that doesn't work, try to Defrag your computer [Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Defragmenter]. This will take a while, so do it when you have the time to.

[F10]HanAuthForClient.dll Error
Simply go into your Lunia folder and delete "HanAuthForClient.dll" and run the patcher to fix this.

[F11]Error Bad Image (resource.dll)
Delete resource.dll and run a file check or if resource.dll is not there, then find a website to download resource.dll (ex. DLL Dump. I'm not guaranteeing that the website is safe, although there are no reported cases of a virus from there).

[F12]Lunia is Already Running
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and go to Processes, find LuniaClient.exe, or Lunia.exe and select it, then press "End Process"

[O1]Other Fixes

If none of the solutions for your problem have worked, try restarting your computer, or reinstalling Lunia. If reinstalling from the same mirror site doesn't work, try a different website. If this still doesn't work, try to just run a File Check, Defrag your computer, etc.

After you've tried everything (including submitting a ticket, posting a thread with your computer specs etc.) and still can't get Lunia to work, and your Graphics card is below the requirements, get a new Graphics/Video card. You can also try to reformat your computer, or buy a new computer or router.

[I1]Can't Move In-Game
If you were fishing or had a store set up while you changed stages, then you won't be able to move. Restart your client if that's the case.
If you just stopped moving in the middle of a game, then press F12 twice. This will fullscreen/window your game, just press F12 again to put it back to normal. You should be able to move afterwards. An alternate way to fix this would be to press the Alt key while the game is focused on and then click anywhere else on the Game Window.

[I2]Black Screen with only Character Names
Press the I button (Inventory) or press U (Zoom In/Out) to set it back to normal.

[I3]Lagging
Close your background programs and hit CTRL+ALT+DEL after you click "Play Live" and before pressing "Start Game". Find PurpleBean.exe and close it, then select "Options". Lower your graphic settings there, it's pretty self-explanatory. If this doesn't work, try shutting off your firewall.
Other ways to try and fix this might be in mluckenbill's Possible Lag Reduction Fixes thread.

[I4]I bought Cash Shop items, but I don't have them
Log onto any character in-game and open your Inventory. From there, select "Cash Inventory Bag" from the bottom of your inventory and check there.
Items in this inventory are accessible by all characters, but after they are taken out they are no longer transferable (unless it's an unbinded Random Box item).

[I4]Any JLunia patching issue
Uninstall
Download updated patcher: NEXON „–™‚ƒƒ*と‚ƒŸƒƒ‹ƒ†‚
Install

[A1]The List
  • *Vista Users: Set LuniaClient.exe on Compatability Mode.
    Right Click and select "Properties", then go to the "Compatability" tab. Check off the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" box, select Windows XP (Service Pack 2), Apply and OK. If this doesn't work, try another compatibility mode.
  • Make sure Lunia's in the C:\ijji\ENGLISH Folder: Since you have to use the ijji website to launch Lunia, it will run off your C:\ drive. I'm pretty sure a lot of you use this anyways, but if you can't play and it's in another drive, this is most likely your problem.
  • [FireFox] Download the IE Plugin: If you don't want to use IE, download the plug in from the FireFox website.
  • Close all background programs: Reduce memory usage, this should fix most lag problems (Especially if you're downloading)
  • Close PurpleBean.exe: Reduced computer memory usage, meaning a little less lag coming form your computer. To close it, run Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL), go to Processes and end PurpleBean.exe. It uses about 7 940K Memory while running. Do NOT close it in game, as I've experienced my game freezing when I do this. Occasionally, it won't happen but it's best not to risk it.
  • Reload Lunia: Mainly used for Fatal Errors, Disconnections etc.
  • Lower your Graphic Specs.: Commonly used when experiencing a lot of lag and disconnections. To change it, click on "Options" on the patcher. Using a low custom one should help more than choosing the lowest setting, this means turning off glows, character outlines, textures, etc. For a better and detailed list read mluckenbill's Possible Lag Reduction Fixes thread.
  • Run a File Check: Mainly for C++ Runtime Errors
  • Defrag your Computer: If you keep lagging in a stage/pvp/log in, and no other computer in your household or region experiences this, then Defrag your computer [Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Defragmenter]. This will take a considerable amount of time, so do it when you're going out or something.
  • Restart your Computer: Who knows, it might fix your problem.
  • Turn off your firewall: Your firewall might pose a problem. This helps in a lot of cases.
  • Remove and Reinstall Lunia: The cure for the -3199 error and many other problems. Remove Lunia using your Control Panel (Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Remove Lunia) or you can use the uninstall application in the Lunia folder.
  • *Use Kanata's Launcher: You won't have to run from the ijji site, but use this at your own risk.
  • Reinstall Lunia with a different Mirror: Some mirrors might not be up to date and/or cause problems. For me, FileFront hasn't given many problems.
  • For Fatal/Critical Errors: Read GM Etoile's thread on how to fix them.
  • Change your ISP/Video Card/Computer: Self-explanatory. Your ISP/Video Card/Computer might not provide a good enough connection.
  • Reformat: In some scenarios, you'll have to reformat (Usually this is a last resort). If you don't know how to, ask an adult/technician/use the internet,
  • Vista Skins on XP: This has been found to cause a few problems, and I recommend changing it so you aren't using it (uninstall it).
  • Set up a QOS Engine for Lunia on your Router: Some routers have this option. It has been used to fix the lag problem that occurs only in PvP and the Squares.

As for In-Game Issues (Excluding lag-reduction as it was said above):
  • Press F12: This will change you to either Full-screen or Windowed mode, just press it again to go back. Use this when you can't click any buttons (Ex. Open inventory, move, etc.). This will work most of the time.
  • Stop Fishing and Close your Store before entering a Stage: This must happen before you enter a stage or event, or you will not be able to move or do anything. Lunia will register you as still fishing/selling items, although you won't use bait or have your store up.
  • "My Character's stuck running in a direction/attack frame/My Character keeps teleporting back to where I just stepped!": You're lagging. This will probably be due to server lag or background programs.
  • "I keep disconnecting before I can load square!!! plzhelp!!!": Close PurpleBean.exe, close background programs, lower graphic specs. To learn how, read above.
  • Pressing I (Inventory Button) or U (Zoom In/Out Button): This will return your screen to normal if you experience a black screen with only Character names appearing (Excluding Campfire maps).

[A2]If you still can't find a fix
Start a thread, including your Computer Specs. such as your:
RAM
CPU Processor Speed
OS (That means Windows XP, Vista etc.)
Video/Graphic Card
Browser (Internet Explorer etc.)
Internet Speed
Router

Screenshots would be helpful too, just click "Print Scrn" on your keyboard (if it's ingame, the problem will be saved in C:/ijji/English/Lunia/ScreenShots folder) and then paste it into a Paint program (ex. MS Paint, Photoshop, Paint.net) and upload it onto an image host (ex. tinypic.com, imageshack.us) then put it up here (Type in [IMG]yourlinkhere.com[/IMG])
If you need to learn how to get your computer specs, follow these instructions:
Select your Start Menu
Select "Run"
In the "Open" text box, type in dxdiag and select OK
The first thing you'll see is your OS, Processor, RAM and DirectX Version. You can either Prntscrn and upload it to an imagehosting site or copy it down.
Go to the "Display" tab
Under Device, your Graphics card will be listed.
If you want to do it another way:
Go to your Control Panel
Select System
Under the "General" tab, copy down everything except the "Registered to:" section, that will include your OS, CPU Processor information, and RAM.
Next, go to "Hardware"
Select "Device Manager"
Click the + beside the "Display adapters" heading
There's your Graphics/Video card.
If you're able to, post what Router you're using, since old routers seem to have some problems as well.

If you still don't get a reply or can't get your problem fixed, then submit a ticket to ijji. If you want to, contact the ijji Customer Service team, make sure you include all the information you can before sending either in. I recommend this be done before buying a new router or computer.

[C1]Credits
These will exclude people that have posted in the links I've put in my post. The people listed will be those who replied in this thread to add fixes.
From MyMMOGames.net
Gladiat for the 'Black Screen' help.
bronislav84 for the HanAuthForClient.dll error.
SilentSaber for an alternate way for fixing the "Can't Move In-Game" problem and "JLunia Patching issue fix".

Lunia Content Manager

Last edited by Gladiat; 07-21-2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Updated Links [21/04/2009], Added JLunia patching issue fix [22/06/2009]

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-07-2008   #2 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

:O It's very useful. Hopefully this will reduce the amount of repetitive threads in tech area.

+REP

12-07-2008   #3 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

Shoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Shoo Send a message via MSN to Shoo
IGN: Shoo
Class: Everyone :O
Level: Aiming for 60+ ea
Guild: ggFTW

this really is useful. thanks for the post! it helped my friend get back into lunia~

+rep

12-10-2008   #4 (permalink)
1)(verb) - to fail.
Awards SotW Beginner

Added a few in-game problems.

Lunia Content Manager

12-10-2008   #5 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Here's a few contributions to this:

If you can't click on anything in screen, pres F12. This turns screen to fullscreen or windowed. You can click again now. Press F12 again to change back, and the click problem is fixed!

Oops the unclickable glitch was posted. Sorry I didn't see.

If your screen glitches, and screen turns black, but has names and stuff, press your zoom in button, or open your inventory. The screen will go back to normal.

12-10-2008   #6 (permalink)
1)(verb) - to fail.
Awards SotW Beginner

Added Gladiat's fixes.
Also, to avoid any controversy, I posted this on the ijji forums, Flanoir is my ForumID there (Since I forgot I used Sephie on another account, which I can't remember anymore haha.)
Thanks guys~

Lunia Content Manager

12-27-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

ANY patching error:
・Delete the game.
・Download new patcher from the game site.
・Reinstall.

01-08-2009   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

bronislav84 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84
IGN: Zella
Class: Tia
Level: 2x

Any chance you could add my solution for fixing this error?

http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/luni...lient-dll.html

Characters:
Zella: 2x Tia (Main, most often played)
Zelia: 2x Eir (Semi main, to replace my OB Eir)
KnightedArtThou: Lvl 1 Sieg (Mostly mule)

R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST
Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
I loved you, Grandpa

01-09-2009   #9 (permalink)
1)(verb) - to fail.
Awards SotW Beginner

Sure thing, thanks~ I haven't gotten around to updating things recently, since I've had a lot of schoolwork, with exams coming soon too. Haha. (:

Lunia Content Manager

01-12-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about

Alternate "Can't move" fix:
・Press Alt key while game is focused, then click anywhere on the game window.
(I prefer this one, since going in and out of full screen is a pain for me, with my super lower power pc.)

01-13-2009   #11 (permalink)
1)(verb) - to fail.
Awards SotW Beginner

Will be added, since I've got to update this a little more anyways. Thanks.

Lunia Content Manager

06-07-2009   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Any jLunia patching issue:
・Uninstall
・Download updated patcher: NEXON 無料ゲー*とコミュニティ
・Install

03-17-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

sayter is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for that thread, helped me to fix some errors at client and patching

07-10-2011   #14 (permalink)