Verizon high speed (Cable) 2 16.67%
Shaw 3 25.00%
Earthlink DSL 0 0%
Other (Feel free to post what it is as this is a limited poll) 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-26-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+
Default Internet lag

I recently switched my ISP from Comcast to Verizon FIOS. (Because it's cheaper) However, since the switch to FIOS, Lunia and I believe only Lunia has become excessively laggy. I have set myself as a DMZ host on my router so I am blocking nothing at all and have no firewall up.

The lag seems to be about everything you don't want, from teleportation, rubber banding, input delay and complete pauses. It seems to be even worse during PvP, 1 on 1s especially for some peculiar reason which Carnage made apparent to me. I know a few people who also have excessive lag that use Verizon so I find it a bit weird in itself that a particular ISP could somehow connect poorly to one game.

I quit Lunia after a patch tft did that gave me 3 second input delay so I know how random Lunia is when it comes to the ability to connect. If there is someway around it then please post it here as I refuse to believe that a particular ISP is Lunia-proof.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-26-2008   #2 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

I use Comcast, but I have delay.

Planning to upgrade it to 8 mbps from 3 mbps... I will tell you guys how it works out

No matter what may await, please don't regret meeting me.

Solomid Guides:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=22360

10-26-2008   #3 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

I use SBC DSL, and I only lag when someone is sharing the bandwidth.

10-26-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

8mbps roadrunner no lag during the day super spikes at 5-6 super crazy lag at 8pm (PST)
6mbps SBC DSL no lag any time of the day unless someone's dling and i share connection with 2 other people

10-26-2008   #5 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

I use Shaw, and just like Xpec, I lag most when someone is using bandwidth.
Namely torrent downloads eat away at the network, especially with 3 computers preforming 24/7 downloads.
Although Lunia is the only thing that I ever had problems with lagging, so I usually have to terminate the other systems downloads, and the lag is reduced tremendously. (Ex: I can actually connect to a square, but still dc, teleport ect.)

However any other game, or any network application works flawlessly, even if the other systems are draining the bandwidth.

I don't blame my ISP to be honest, and changing ISP's would be hard for me to do anyway, since it ties into Cable and Phone. (package)
Although my father thought of doing an upgrade to the second fastest package (dunno the speed, but I assume its T1)
I bet lunia would still lag like hell.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

10-27-2008   #6 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

I use Comcast and have their 16 Mbit package. The fastest download I've pulled to date was 26.6 Mbps (3.3 MB/s or 3404 KB/s) sustained for a 30 MB file. It's not uncommon to get 1-2 MB/s downloads - I snagged a 11 MB file from megaupload earlier tonight in about 8-9 seconds.

Yet still I manage to lag on every MMO I play .__.

[Forum Rules][NoeJeko's Blog][Guide Guide][TO Training Guide]
k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

10-27-2008   #7 (permalink)
...Wah?
Special
Games
Lunia

SkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to SkyAngelic
IGN: SkyAngelic / SkyDemonic
Class: Lunia: Sieg / Trickster: Temp DX Buffalo (Abusing Attr. equips), Dragon / Cabal: Force Archer
Level: 103, 69, 72, 104
Guild: Solstice

I use Bellsouth/AT&T internet in Florida.

Quite frankly, I lag when I don't want to >_>

I also use T1 at my friend's house, since that's where I usually hang out after school. Playing Lunia there with none of the network being used except for me, I still freeze and spike everywhere.. >_>

Something awkward is going on...

10-27-2008   #8 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Since SBC got bought off by AT&T, I assume you people mean that. I also use that, but I don't lag. I think I have the second fastest package, which still isn't that fast. But I don't lag. Probably cause I'm near the servers.

10-27-2008   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

007 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 007
IGN: lilDacy, lilAphrodite, Siegalicious, Lime007
Class: Healer, Combat, Puppeteer lt_templar
Level: 56Eir,62Dacy,47Sieg,21Lime
Guild: Glunia:Felix - Tlunia: ForielUnion

I use shaw I find I lag sometimes but majority I don't

10-27-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Since SBC got bought off by AT&T, I assume you people mean that. I also use that, but I don't lag. I think I have the second fastest package, which still isn't that fast. But I don't lag. Probably cause I'm near the servers.
sbc bought at&t but is using their name cause its more known

10-27-2008   #11 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Well...I use Shaw with their third highest speed, ( 5Mbps I think?) and umm I don't lag unless someone else is using the bandwidth like Xpec and Light here.

Anyways, I do d/c in lunia sometimes and I think it depends on the stage too (like I d/c in ghost/seiren and some stages mainly the x-10 ones, but I do not d/c in kirin though I do not know why).
I cannot switch ISPs because it's tied in with their digital cable service and cannot upgrade to higher speeds due to the fact that they don't have it in the area that I live in.

Slightly off-topic: However, the ping method thing actually works (Thanks, Light for that link) but I still disconnect and my guess is that it's something to do with ijji's end maybe because my bro plays SF and he still lags and/or d/c's sometimes.

10-27-2008   #12 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

Btw, mine is also 5Mbps.