ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Lunia Tech Issues (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-tech-issues/)
-   -   Kirin Raid crash...? (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-tech-issues/24108-kirin-raid-crash.html)

Mega 10-16-2008 07:47 PM

Kirin Raid crash...?

Ok this is like the 5th time this has happened. When you get to the room where the water statue mini boss is and all those clay soldiers summon at the same time my computer freezes and then I get a fatal error. Then at the bottom of my screen on that bar, it says the video card stopped working but has recovered successfully..... is there anyway to keep it from doing that and kicking me off?

Desu 10-16-2008 08:11 PM

Maybe You Should Get A Better Video Card?

Mega 10-16-2008 08:46 PM

But my laptop is like 2 months old....it shouldn't be that bad....

Miyuki 10-16-2008 09:35 PM

Are you using Intel GMA? I'm assume either you're using X3k series or X4k series.?

Or maybe other onboard graphics such as Nvidia or ATi?

Also, what OS you're using?

buta 10-16-2008 09:53 PM

In closed beta or open beta, I forgot which one, that happened a bunch, too. The solution at that time was to update drivers. But that was mostly problems with audio cards.

Cookies 10-16-2008 09:57 PM

If your video card is unable to take the huge explosions the soldiers make when they appear, you can try turning them down in the specs options when you start the game.

Hakari 10-17-2008 02:02 AM

My computer freezes when there are an abundant amount of particles loading on my screen too (yes my video card is bad)... it blinks a few times before it freezes. What I do to prevent the blink is that, when I know there's gonna be some explosives, I quickly move out of there and goto the side/corner of the map. Then if it's okay again, I move back into the battlefield. If I fail to do this, then while it blinks, I'll quickly switch my game to window mode (F12) and minimize the window. Once I know my graphic display has been recovered, I'll maximize the window and continue playing. So if you have the blink warnings, try what I do to prevent the freeze.

fLinty 10-17-2008 07:00 AM

You can also lower the particle settings on your Lunia options. And yea, like what Hakari said, move out of the battlefield (act like a princess in the Scorpion room while everyone is in the Mini-gollem room at Cobolt Raid like I did! :D) and if someone dies, simply cast E-heal. Warn your party members as well.

Mega 10-17-2008 09:23 AM

I am using a Nvidia video card, and uh I guess it's just the basic Vista on my laptop.

I'll try lowering the settings and see if that works..I hope I don't have to use crappy graphics .-.

Volgin 10-17-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakari (Post 526492)
My computer freezes when there are an abundant amount of particles loading on my screen too (yes my video card is bad)... it blinks a few times before it freezes. What I do to prevent the blink is that, when I know there's gonna be some explosives, I quickly move out of there and goto the side/corner of the map. Then if it's okay again, I move back into the battlefield. If I fail to do this, then while it blinks, I'll quickly switch my game to window mode (F12) and minimize the window. Once I know my graphic display has been recovered, I'll maximize the window and continue playing. So if you have the blink warnings, try what I do to prevent the freeze.

What a freaking hassle to do.

eiklnv 10-24-2008 09:35 PM

lol i have a GeForce GO 7600 and it still crashes

so since i play in window mode

i just minimize the game

and tab in again when it stops

Senike 10-24-2008 09:51 PM

My friend told me about that...he said that you'll be glitch if you don't wait ~3 seconds before attacking