LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-19-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Kainami is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kainami Send a message via MSN to Kainami
Guild: ForielUnion
Default Seiren Tips?

Tlunia:

Right now I need to finish the rebirth quest (meaning killing 9 seirens in total) and when I tried, the party I was with only killed one, with almost near failure in doing so (public party). Is there any general strategy in eliminating the seirens in a specific order and where each class should be and what they should be doing? When I read a comment on an old seiren guide around here, someone mentioned that the red has the least hp, but is most powerful, which seems to be the first one that should be killed, and then next, the blue one, which has moderate, and lastly the green one, who has the most hp.
Also, it would be better if the strategy did not require moon barriers, as most public eirs in tlunia don't use it properly or don't have moon barrier at all. Also, buffs from eirs are also impossible to implement into the strategy, as as almost no tlunian eirs have buffs.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-19-2009   #2 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Ok use fireworks from merchandise shop to block off notes, it works! Or have a lime use the level 58 summon to block it too (though it doesn't last long).

Stock up on earmuffs by collecting volcanic dusts...and then eirs have to heal kirke as well (obvious).
For killing Seirens: I'd usually go right, left, and then top. Sometimes left, right and then top. Though I don't remember which colour spawns to which side...

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

07-19-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Mote will become famous soon enough
Class: Dainn, Eir, Lime
Level: 6x
Guild: PieGuardians

Best guide I've seen on it so far:
Siren Sea Guide - Lunia Square ~ Lunia Guide, ScreenShot, Video, Discussion

One part of it is outdated; the Red Siren now always spawns at the top, Green on the right, Bue on the left.

Lime's blue spitting summon can last a long time. It gets transformed by notes like players do, and will stay around like that until it's restored to its normal self and fires off its 2 beams. I've had one last from the beginning of the hunting phase until about one hunt away from the boss part. Since they can block you and you have to walk around them I've had a sieg whine about me using them. I brush that off as him being too last and stupid to walk around and attack from the side or top, I needed that summon to eat transfom notes, which regardless of earmuffs would cancel my forms if they hit me =\

07-19-2009   #4 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allea
Ok use fireworks from merchandise shop to block off notes, it works! Or have a lime use the level 58 summon to block it too (though it doesn't last long).

Stock up on earmuffs by collecting volcanic dusts...and then eirs have to heal kirke as well (obvious).
For killing Seirens: I'd usually go right, left, and then top. Sometimes left, right and then top. Though I don't remember which colour spawns to which side...
Errr don't use fireworks unless you want lunia to crash.
Morph notes + another black note or something will crash it.

Best is to get a lime with flawless pot he can take down the right one easily making the other 2 a lot easier.
lime has a blue lime to eat notes too.

It is a raid all about eirs really.
and of course using earmuffs.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

Last edited by kag; 07-19-2009 at 10:21 PM.

07-20-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

What kind of strategy do eirs need to use to dodge notes and heal (other than say, sunlight canceling)? They seem to be interrupted all the time, probably because we don't kill the first serien fast enough.

07-20-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaLeague of LegendsMapleStoryTrickster Online

ZOMFGiTsRoy will become famous soon enough

It's Moon Barrier then J.o.G. An experienced Eir would be perfectly fine in being able to pull that off.

07-20-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Thats the problem: There are no actually experienced eirs that play pub raids, and because they are pub eirs, they lack moon barrier and get interrupted during judgement.

07-21-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainami
Thats the problem: There are no actually experienced eirs that play pub raids, and because they are pub eirs, they lack moon barrier and get interrupted during judgement.
A. Tell them to get Moon Barrier
B. Fireworks
C. Pots

07-21-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

imported_Citrine will become famous soon enoughimported_Citrine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mote
Best guide I've seen on it so far:
Siren Sea Guide - Lunia Square ~ Lunia Guide, ScreenShot, Video, Discussion

One part of it is outdated; the Red Siren now always spawns at the top, Green on the right, Bue on the left.

Lime's blue spitting summon can last a long time. It gets transformed by notes like players do, and will stay around like that until it's restored to its normal self and fires off its 2 beams. I've had one last from the beginning of the hunting phase until about one hunt away from the boss part. Since they can block you and you have to walk around them I've had a sieg whine about me using them. I brush that off as him being too last and stupid to walk around and attack from the side or top, I needed that summon to eat transfom notes, which regardless of earmuffs would cancel my forms if they hit me =\
Sorry ive been to lazy to update it :x

But yes the order is always as stated by Mote.

Healers ARE REQUIRED to have Max Moon Barrier and level 1 Light of Purification. If for any reason a healer ninja's your party without LoP then bring LoP pots with you.

- One thing Eirs need to do is constantly Moon Barrier. Eirs do not want to cast Moon Barrier right in front of the Red and Blue siren. Read The attack pattern in my guide to know why. The only acception to that rule is the green siren.

-JoG Shouldnt be used as an attack skill more so Moon Barrier+JoG for Kirke.

-If healers have light shield and i recommend 2 or max, use it on kirke in case he needs to be stalled for healing. Even if he buffs the whole party any party buff can cancel Kirke's buff.

-Last thing, healers shouldnt cast Life Extension for what ever reason near kirke, It bugs his hp bar and causes a bit of confusion during the boss fight.

- Another Exploitable bug is when ever a siren pops up on the field regardless if the sprite isnt present, dmg it as much as possible before it comes out.

-During the boss fight, the easiest way to hunt sirens is to go where a siren isnt perched on the mini island.

And if your still having trouble, my last tip would be gun for the red siren first, then the blue siren. The green siren doesnt pose as a major threat, however its the only siren that spams the most white notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainami
What kind of strategy do eirs need to use to dodge notes and heal (other than say, sunlight canceling)? They seem to be interrupted all the time, probably because we don't kill the first serien fast enough.
The Safe spot for dodging notes is standing rigth on top of kirke. The healer with the most amount of heal % should stand in this spot while the other one covers for MB and small turtles. The only problem is you have to constantly keep MB up or else Kirke gets mauled at full of notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gota
cit is badass as always :P

Last edited by imported_Citrine; 07-21-2009 at 02:35 PM.

07-23-2009   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Mote will become famous soon enough
Class: Dainn, Eir, Lime
Level: 6x
Guild: PieGuardians

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
Morph notes + another black note or something will crash it.
Does it need to be hit b both the black and morph notes to crash it or will it crash if it gets hit by only a morph or only a black?

If its the first case the you could use fireworks after reds taken out. If it only needs 1 note to crash then nvm since more than just red makes form notes.

You can try having someone just run around kirke eating notes so he doesnt get hit. ( becareful of the spinning knockdown reds though) Our Dacy did that because he had such low burst vs. bosses, figuring he'd be more useful as a walking mb.

I guess one last thing, RB Dainns are good at hunting, new fury can make them run before they even get to attack.Or RB Fury + old fury if they're a bit lower levelled.

07-23-2009   #11 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know just something can cause it to crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mote
Our Dacy did that because he had such low burst vs. bosses, figuring he'd be more useful as a walking mb.
Dacy should be an attacker cause all invincible frame skill hits 100%
Most other classes gets canceled fairly easily, excluding invin pots that is.

And don't walk around to eat notes iz pointless.
If the eir is inexperienced get 3 note eaters to stand at the top left and right of Kirke so the eir can heal while protected and won't get canceled.
and the note eaters can just range from their spots.

Yuki Ryan and Dacy should freeze the right most siren once you see the hp bar so everyone can start attacking before the first wave of notes hit you.

For Lime set a blue lime at the left or top siren to eat all the notes while everyone is busy with other siren.

And if you accidentally got morphed go look for another morph note [white] after using your earmuffs so change back without purification.

Siren is a lot easier now compared to last time, the characters hp and DPS are so much higher.

And yea dainn, dacy or krieg are good hunters cause they have high burst DPS

Lastly, USE YOUR EARMUFFS once you see siren don't wait for the notes to come!

Last edited by kag; 07-23-2009 at 12:24 PM.

07-23-2009   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

imported_Citrine will become famous soon enoughimported_Citrine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
If the eir is inexperienced get 3 note eaters to stand at the top left and right of Kirke so the eir can heal while protected and won't get canceled.
and the note eaters can just range from their spots.
Thats the point of MB, even if you have 3 people to meat shield, now the healers have another problem by keeping the meat shielders alive let alone heal kirke. Even if there inexperienced its not hard to place a Moon Barrier right in front of a target.

Lastly how are your meat shielders going to range if there constantly being mauled at by notes. If they stand right in front of kirke theres no way you can hit the red siren due to the top having more distance. Unless your an Arien,dainn, and dacy. In addition which is why pummeling one siren makes it easier because one side is being meat shielded by 6 other players while the healers heal kirke by the blue and green siren. So realistically you only need 2 people but if your going to do that method your even putting more stress on the healers to keep those designated shielders alive.

and im pretty sure "inexperienced" Eirs already have trouble keeping kirke alive, cause no matter what your strategy is kirke will always get hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gota
cit is badass as always :P

Last edited by imported_Citrine; 07-23-2009 at 02:33 PM.

07-23-2009   #13 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

it would be easier for the eirs

90% of new siren eirs will get their MB canceled.
After that iz all miss heals caused by note cancel.

and most of them don't use flawless pots so they just die in the middle.

for shielder you don't have to keep healing them.
just fake res when they fall.

Last edited by kag; 07-23-2009 at 10:54 PM.