ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Lunia Stage Help Booth (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-stage-help-booth/)
-   -   Cave of Chaos 11-20 (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-stage-help-booth/51902-cave-chaos-11-20-a.html)

Zinc210 07-11-2009 07:27 PM

Cave of Chaos 11-20

For some reason, the first 2 times i tried to join this something goes wrong and I end up missing it (first being crazy people, second being I got errored or sumthin). For the last run today, I thought I'd like to know what to watch out for.

As far as I know, during the 5 minutes in my first attempt, there were "Dark Missiles" and people off my screen died somehow .__.;

Any advice from those who did it already? (if a vid exists, I'd very much appreciate a link ^^)

whitepage 07-11-2009 07:38 PM

So, its called dark missle. Bears the same characteristic as reaver's bomb. I've only done this once due to getting error for 3 times in a row.

The only advice you can ever get is : Let endless the hell outta of this.

phantastic 07-11-2009 08:20 PM

Some of the dark missiles are invisible apparently :x
There's also stalactites and ordeal room too. The boss is this lion thing from myth 1 and isn't much of a hassle to kill (he's kinda slow and anywhere but near his front=safe).

Zinc210 07-11-2009 08:57 PM

Great... invisible nukes of doom D:

Lion boss eh? If anything like the original, he's probably not too hard.

rainbows 07-11-2009 09:44 PM

for the missles:
tell the eir to plant a moon barrier like the distance of 1 dash away from the top wall (or bottom) and in the in the middle (in other words, near top mid) and then everyone can stand in top mid, or bottom mid if the eir planted it 1-dash's distance away from the bottom
sorry if it sounds confusing, tell me if it is =x

oh and endless pot doesnt always cause the missle makes u auto-getup

Zinc210 07-11-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbows (Post 894342)
for the missles:
tell the eir to plant a moon barrier like the distance of 1 dash away from the top wall (or bottom) and in the in the middle (in other words, near top mid) and then everyone can stand in top mid, or bottom mid if the eir planted it 1-dash's distance away from the bottom
sorry if it sounds confusing, tell me if it is =x

oh and endless pot doesnt always cause the missle makes u auto-getup

No worries! I just finished a run (I used 2 endless pots LOL)

So yeah, i know what you are talking about in regards to the missiles. We only had one eir, so Jeneral told me to spawn babies and summon Pang Lime around when the missiles spawned so they'd absorb the shots (unless those ogres were having their way with me in the corner ._.; )

And also, the endless was flawless for me, because Lime's have a trait where it takes them longer to get up (even auto get up), so I didnt lose a single life on the run ^^. Too bad i didnt get anything good... well besides the 99 mil exp.

In conclusion, no moar CoC 11-20 unless i have endless pots <3

WhatThePhuc 07-11-2009 11:17 PM

i'll try to make a video once i get more practice

easier said than done, but:
for the missiles, go to the middle of the room when the timer hits 0, since they come from the sides
i find it easier to dodge when i'm near the middle of the room

oh, for the ordeal room, left side is best for dodging in my experience

Jeneral 07-12-2009 03:20 AM

I got so much exp.
I fcking love this raid.

Good thing I don't even myth either cause I had like 50 endless sitting in my inventory from all the support packages I opened lol

rainbows 07-12-2009 01:36 PM

here i made a video on how to dodge the missles

you see how the wiz went down afterwards? he shoulda waited 2 more seconds before walking down cause some missles get there slower. he didnt get hit anyway so its okay

Zinc210 07-12-2009 01:45 PM

:o

so moon barrier in center, then head up, eh? That's good to know! thanks ^^

Oh btw, do the raid items no longer come already dimlied? I noticed the items we got were normal, and the Cave of Chaos 1-10 items were also un-dimlied... If this is true, it truly stinks because I've lost so many items because dimly success is so fail for me D:

rainbows 07-12-2009 01:53 PM

i dont know about getting normal in cave of chaos... i thought all God items were dimlied

Zinc210 07-12-2009 02:22 PM

They still might be. I saw the items by putting my cursor over them when they opened their boxes. I'm not sure if they showed the dimly stats or not when viewed that way, but they had no dimly stats. I'm too unlucky to actually win anything or get a box from the chaos box to check myself >.>

Cookies 07-12-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbows (Post 894863)
here i made a video on how to dodge the missles

you see how the wiz went down afterwards? he shoulda waited 2 more seconds before walking down cause some missles get there slower. he didnt get hit anyway so its okay

Thanks for the video, was wondering about it since we never actually tried using MB even after mentioning lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinc210 (Post 894945)
They still might be. I saw the items by putting my cursor over them when they opened their boxes. I'm not sure if they showed the dimly stats or not when viewed that way, but they had no dimly stats. I'm too unlucky to actually win anything or get a box from the chaos box to check myself >.>

The shining status do not show up if you are just looking like that, they're probably still dimlied when you get them.

Jeneral 07-12-2009 05:44 PM

i got like three items

they were dimlied

whitepage 07-12-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cookies (Post 895225)
Thanks for the video, was wondering about it since we never actually tried using MB even after mentioning lol.

We just throw out whatever that helps. Bamboo, puppets, ice wall, dacy invincible skills, moon barriers etc etc But I remember there's coordination between the healers for moon barriers. There wasnt any deaths iirc.

Edit : I think sieg's mdef and krieg's party mdef could have worked too.

Cookies 07-12-2009 08:48 PM

I tried using it, but the shots still killed me and I didn't see any elements popping up when it happened.

Scratch that, guess it just wore off when it the missiles hit me.

imported_john 07-12-2009 08:52 PM

I just go in the center of the room and hold S. Tell everyone to go down or something.

ALSO this raid is very fun i look forward to beating it wtihout endless

Lunar 07-12-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinc210 (Post 894945)

cursor over another person's item doesn't show the dimly/shining status

these missiles u talk of... hopes ryan's invinci can tank them all :D

whitepage 07-13-2009 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cookies (Post 895434)
I tried using it, but the shots still killed me and I didn't see any elements popping up when it happened.

Lol my bad .__.

whitepage 07-19-2009 04:33 AM

So does anyone knows how to avoid the seemingly bug in floor 20?

The rocks appear immediately as if we are in the rock ordeal. What trigger that? PS : I still think citadel is much harder `-`