Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-23-2008   #21 (permalink)

Kreig is an unknown quantity at this point
Guild: OurStory

i soloed L 3-10 so shush. its very possible to solo that stage -.- even tho i wasted 3 cash hearts in klunia duo to lagg. daru i solo with ease. his not hard when you dont freeze evrytime he does something falshy

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-23-2008   #22 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Dark Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
False. I don't say "I can solo Daru".

I HAVE solo'd Daru. (2nd form with mobs, that is. The party was still alive during the first form, but solo'ing the first form with mobs isn't particularly anything to brag about when you're using the Cactus Glitch, I think. They all got plastered without killing a single mob within 30 seconds of Daru transforming)

....that said, don't bet all your chips on me because my success rate isn't 100% with that. Still, I've done it before, with great difficulty and great rarity to be sure (and it took a friggin' long time), but you only need to do something once to prove it isn't actually impossible.

In Tia's case, the strategy is to abuse Hide, throw out Thundershock when there's an opening (but make sure there's an opening, or you'll be punished!), and throw out flying knives... whenever. Eventually the mobs will die. ...eventually. Once 2nd Daru form is alone, you can either wait until he does his running charge and backstab him then, or you wait until he does his ground pound into jumping massive giant flame move and then A rape him after the ground pound while sucking up the giant flame that doesn't knock down (I end up having to do the latter more often than I'd like)

(I don't think many people are capable of this, though. One thing about me is that I've fought Legendary Daru pretty often compared to a lot of people, I think, so I'm rather experienced with the fight)
You are not alone...(:
'Peltron' (Foriel) has done it too...^^ (More t han one time)
(And I have seen it by mself).

I have seen 'Lelouch' (A Dainn) soloes yellow + red adamans too.

Grr...so pros...

04-23-2008   #23 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Hakari is on a distinguished road
IGN: Innocent
Class: Eir
Guild: Illuminati

lol I beated it once with a party a long time ago..... but I didn't finish 3-9L that time >_>.. and now i can't find a good party anymore lol.. afterwards, i didn't bother finding another party xD.... *still stuck*

04-23-2008   #24 (permalink)

Kreig is an unknown quantity at this point
Guild: OurStory

fiona soloed all 3 adamants.aegis did it. iru can do it too probly. adis arnt hard. but his hand friend is what makes adis hard coz hand will eventualy kill you

04-23-2008   #25 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

riceburner4540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
or you wait until he does his ground pound into jumping massive giant flame move and then A rape him after the ground pound while sucking up the giant flame that doesn't knock down (I end up having to do the latter more often than I'd like)
With your newfound knowledge of the workings of Surprise Attack, I would've thought you'd find a more efficient way of killing Daru. I mean you could just stab him through that fire and not take damage while still getting full backstab damage.
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"

04-23-2008   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner4540
With your newfound knowledge of the workings of Surprise Attack, I would've thought you'd find a more efficient way of killing Daru. I mean you could just stab him through that fire and not take damage while still getting full backstab damage.
That doesn't work if you have 0 MP and 0 HP to regenerate MP. Surprise Attack costs mana. Efficiency takes a back seat when the A and S keys are literally your ONLY option. Like I said, "I end up having (IE, out of necescity) to do that more often than I'd like". Preserving spare lives and HP isn't particularly easy when you end up having to solo Daru 2nd form with minions with no healers and everyone else already dead.

(that and I've never actually fought Daru since you've showed me that Surprise Attack trick anyways. By then I already moved onto Ep 4)

04-23-2008   #27 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

I found that, once the minions are dead, you can pretty much survive just on Surprise Attack and Shadow Counter. So long as you keep your distance from Daru whenever he does his raging million fireball cheapness attack and time your SCAs and stabs, he pretty much can't touch you with that ground flame stomp attack. Basically you can bait his charges for free stabs or whatever, then if he does his flame stomp thing, just SCA or if stab is up, stab him. You'll never take damage again.
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"

04-23-2008   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Pretty much. It's always the minions that are the main problem with him (well, that and dealing with his minions while he does the raging million fireball cheapness attack at the same time. Makes you question Daru's intelligence why he doesn't ONLY use that move and nothing else)

04-23-2008   #29 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

Well there it is, people. If you wanna beat Daru, get a Tia.

04-23-2008   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

The problem with Daru with other classes is that Sieg's provoke isn't that good against him (his fire goes all over the place regardless of his target) and Dainn's ice wall is something you do NOT want to do against him (it merely encourages him to send more fire all over the place).

However, on the flipside, Tia isn't a failsafe situation either because even though she's good for taking out his second form, Tia is rather horrid for taking out Cavaliers (a VERY skilled Tia can do it, but even then finding openings to do so while Daru is sending fire all over the place is hard).

In the end, I don't think any normal Tia will do. You'll just have to develop the skill or get lucky enough to party with someone skilled enough to do it.

04-23-2008   #31 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

IloveIngrid is on a distinguished road

well not that I say u cannot solo daru but remeber u cannont beat him without getting rid of the mobs. answer this question how u gonna kill mobs when daru charging on u?

Ign- IloveIngrid ( 6x dain)

04-23-2008   #32 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Dragonfly is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dragonfly
IGN: Dragonfly
Class: Tia
Level: 67
Guild: Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner4540
Care to explain more? o_o
Whats the secret of Surprise Attacking daru?

04-23-2008   #33 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Lagg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly
Care to explain more? o_o
Whats the secret of Surprise Attacking daru?
That he doesn't see it coming?

I haven't played tia so I'm not sure but I suppose backstab has invincibility frames o.o

04-24-2008   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

You're invincible (invincibility frames, whatever) while doing a backstab, basically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveIngrid
well not that I say u cannot solo daru but remeber u cannont beat him without getting rid of the mobs. answer this question how u gonna kill mobs when daru charging on u?
You don't.

You kill them when Daru isn't charging at you (and then run like hell when he is).

(This is assuming that by "charge" you mean "walking towards you" or "filling the room with fire", because 2nd form Daru's actual charging ATTACK is one of his slowest least damaging least threatening things he can do to you. His walking speed is kinda slow, too, actually, and is only threatening because he doesn't need to get close to you to decide to bust out a "fill the room with fire" move)

04-24-2008   #35 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Amm, walling daru's first form is not a bad idea at all!
In addition, with with 2 Dainns, walling him in turns is pretty easy.
Like that, spamming him and forcing him to transform quite early is not a problem. Then;
Just run (Actually, it was comfortable to walk most of the time) around in circles and clear mobs slowly.
Now, that they cannot respwn anymore, Daru is very easy!

04-24-2008   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Guy
Amm, walling daru's first form is not a bad idea at all!
But using the cactus glitch on him so you don't have to bother with walling him is an even better idea! (except when it comes to getting him to transform to 2nd form after he's beat up by the cactus. Then walling him is a good idea)

(on that note, using 2 Dainns on Daru? It's hard enough to find ONE Dainn these days :P)

04-24-2008   #37 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Bah, I'm not playing these days. Are dainns really rare now? (Ouch! *Let me transfer 'DarkGuy'!!!*)

---

Cactus glitch? What is that? (LOL, no cactuses in OB, you know)...
You mean;
1) Get a cactus / cactuses through the stage.
2) Release it/them before you go in.
3)Let them lure daru...

?
2)

04-24-2008   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Yea, no cactuses in OB. Cactus glitch is new in official.

1) Release it before you go in.

2) Let it hit Daru AFTER you go in.

3) Daru tries to attack cactus but can't. Let cactus beat up Daru

4) Use Provoke or Ice Wall on Daru after he is very beat up by Cactus and he will transform to 2nd form (you don't want Cactus to KILL first form Daru or else stage will glitch)

Dainns were always rare even in Beta (probably 60% Sieg, 30% Eir, 10% Dainn). They're even rarer in Official (probably 40% 30% Tia, 25% Eir, 5% Dainn? Feels like it).

04-24-2008   #39 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Fierisiu is on a distinguished road

I was stuck at Daru L for a long time, but thanks to Lock0nStratos, he and a healer cleared the stage for me.

Thanks again Lock0nStratos. I want to thank the healer too, but I don't remember her name...:P

04-24-2008   #40 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

marijuina will become famous soon enoughmarijuina will become famous soon enough

i been stuck for a long long time
DrHIV - OB level 35 dainn/ name change Acevedo
"A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine, except that on a day without sunshine you can still get drunk."