Hey guys, I have played lunia for some time now. When i first started, a lot of forums (like this one, especially) and in-game people helped me out. So i would like to help some of those that just started out or are still not use to the format of Lunia's gameplay yet!
A couples of tips on how to level fast (don't worry, I won't state the obvious):
Before I even get started on the tips, a couple of very high leveled and experienced players told me to put this as the very first thing! So here it is:
"Also try not to depend only on yeti plat, u will lvl really fast but u wont develop any skills from just breakin rocks.(Believe me i know wat i mean xD) Try to go to practice field and pvp every once in a while, learning to combo is essential at high lvls."
I'll explain what that means for you guys who have no idea what they are talking about.
Basically, Yeti Plateau is a side mission with tons and tons of quests to do. It's really not the monsters there that gives you the exp, it's the quests. For those right around lvl 16 or so (still in History), the quests there gives a ooze lot of exp. And the Legend version is pretty undisputably the best place to get exp from lvl 30-50. The problem however is that all your really doing is breaking rocks, talking to people, break more rocks, talk to more people, break more rocks, and then killing like 3 yeti. And just like XGaryX said, by doing that, you aren't actually playing the game. And as you advance into legends or PVP, combos are whats gonna keep you alive. And if all you do is know how to break rocks, then oh boy, are you in trouble. It's a great place to level up but please play through the game first and get to know all the enemies and bosses. It's not like Yeti Plat is every gonna vanish anyways
1. Diagonal keys are very important! They will help you get out of nearly impossible situations. Some people are comfortable with pressing the up and either the right or left arrow key, that's great if you can hit the keys at the same time. But for me, i reset my keys at the option screen to q, w, z, and x. Plus, diagonal keys will also help you run at a much quicker pace, seeing as how most lunia levels have slants and jagged edges.
1.5 Lol, I didn't want to give this tip another number and thought that it should just fit under this one. For a lot ppl who first starts, they like to use the arrow keys. But as you advance into the game, switch to the number pad. This is much faster and more convenient. It's pretty much the only way pros move because they can shift and dash like crazy mofos. So try to get use to the way the number pads are designed. It will make your lifes so much easier!
2. When you first start, check out the town. Look at the help tab for each specialized stores, like the blacksmith and magician. Knowing how to use these will benefit you exponentially. For example, it is very crucial for a new knight to sup up his sword. A regular sword does about 1-2 base damage. If you know how to use the blacksmith, then a lvl one knight can do about 5-6 base damage. So that's like around 14 or 15 damage. For those of you who don't know, that's a lot at earlier stages. It will make your lives (and lvl experience) much more exciting and quick paced.
3. When you start a new character, go get quests!!! That's an order! For beginners, quests gives you exp like a hungry baby reaching for milk...ok that was weird, but the point is, it really helps a lot. For someone that's lvl 6 or 7, dirt of life can give up to 50% exp. That's like the equivalent of two bosses! P.S. quests aren't exactly rocket science either, and they are very manageable.
4. Get a party. I know some of you guys likes to solo missions. That's great, don't get me wrong. But essentially, lunia is a team based game. If you ask ppl on lunia, majority of them will tell you that they had other people help them to get through 1-10, 2-10, and 3-10. Most people on lunia are really quite nice. Having said that, you must know how to make parties if you want people to join right? Well, making a party is easy! When you are in town/square, your right hand side should have four horizontal yellow buttons. The bottom one says party. Click on that and on the bottom of the new screen there should be a "create party" button. Name it, state what type of game you are playing, and how many people can be in it, and then press create and you are done. Now, you just have to wait for some nice people to join and you have yourself a party.
5. Make friends! You have real friends in real life don't you?! Why not on lunia! They can be very helpful at times! Besides, who don't want to have friends? Nuff said! (Especially with a healer)
6. Help others out when it's your time. Others have helped you get to where you are. Why not help others out too? It feels good to help a fellow player get through a really tough level. Besides, they will probably awe at your awesome lvl and crazy attack damage! Also, don't be a jerk about it. Yes, they know you are higher leveled and yes they know you can mow them down in PVP, but you don't have to brag about it. Trust me, it is just as easily for people to remember the name of a jacka** than someone with a modest attitude.
7. Knights have big swords and wizards have crazy spells. But they are both missing one crucial ability, perhaps the most important one...the ability heal themselves and others. Healers are extremely important in Lunia. And no, before you say anything, i'm just gonna tell you that healers have the most chance to solo the entire game. yes, it might take longer, but my god, they really can do it! I know that when you guys are looking at the three characters, the knight and the wizard looks so promising (and they are) but just don't overlook the healer. Any balanced party would rather have an extra healer than another knight or wizard. And don't even get me started on parties with no healers. Boy, i tell ya, it's a massacre! (Unless your a pro, like Lunar...he's crazy...)
8. Have fun in the game! No, i mean it! I know there are millions of people who can't stand it that their character is flawed, that they wasted a skill point on something that they read off of a guide on how the "perfect build" should look like. I know you are out there...why? Because i'm one of them! But when you first play the game, don't worry about that. Leveling up is pretty easy once you know where to go and what to do. I suggest you look through this forum for them (Precision's Dainn guide to farming is brillant!) But please, when you first play the game, experience with the characters and try out some of the skills. Even though all skills have a requirement level, at least try out the beginner skills. Everyone has a different style (cliche, i know) but if it's something that works for you and you can really use it well, then hell, why not make your character work the way you want it to! You'll not only have more playing the game, you'll grow to like your character (that sounds so corny but...well, it happens). Ask any pro-Lunia players. They all have a "baby", a character that they love so much that they only bring it out when it's time for a real show! And you'll rarely see two characters with the exact same skills. And when you watch them duel it out, it's absolutely spectacular. They can pull off combos that you've never thought possibe. That was when I realized that having a character that fit me is really all that matters. So i will save you the hassel of struggling to decide which skill you should put your points in and tell you now that all you have to do is try it out and do it the way that you like it best. May it be the graphics, or the icon picture of the skill, if you like it, then do it!
Tip number 9: (Thanks to Mai and Anvil for reminding me this)
Try to join a guild. It's good for a couple of reasons. One, when others see you, your status automatically upgrades in their view because you belong in a guild. Two, your guild members should all be very nice. Having said that, while joining a guild is very enticing, try to be a guild that you feel comfortable with. There are tons of guilds out there. Some with hundreds of people, while others with only a couple. The ones with hundreds of people might seem like it's better but in reality it may not be. Because they have so many members, it's hard to get recognized since sometimes you are just considered to be "just another member."
When you are deciding to join a guild. Try to make friends with a couple of them first. See how they are, if their personality is nice. And if it is one that you are comfortable with, then by all means join!
Being in a guild, however, doesn't just end when you join. When you are in a guild, when you log in, try to give a hollar to those that are in-game. Guilds are suppose to be considered as a family. And when you are friendly to everyone in your family, it build stronger relationships and helps create a better environment for everyone to play in.
Being in a guild also has some pretty negative effects. For example, some guilds require that it's members should be active. People who play Lunia consists of member of all ages, thus being an active member may be harder for some than others. Most guilds, however, are pretty lenient and requires only that it's members are outgoing and nice. Which is great!
So the point that i'm trying to make is that when you want to choose a guild, choose carefully. It's cool to be in a guild, but try to be in one that you like!
10. Discover your own combos. There are lots of thread on mylunia here on the different combos you can do with each characters. When I first started, those helped a lot. As you progress into the game and get to know the skills a little more, like the timing, try to chain up your own versions of combos. And as you get comfortable with that, try to make them longer and more deadlier. I know that it's easier said than done, but just give it try by going to the practice field.
Seeing as how this is just a beginner's guide, it will not include some of the higher end stuff. But if you guys want another one for more advanced player, I'll be more than willing to write another one!
I hope you guys have fun playing lunia!
If you have questions or comments, you can always post your concerns here.
Also, if you some things to add or some tips that you would like to share, please feel free to post them here, as well. Any help would be more than welcome!!!
If you would like to contact me in-game, just give me a holler. My in-game name is below so feel free to say hello!
If I wrote something wrong above and in future posts, don't be afraid to point it out.
My e-mail is email@example.com
I hope to see you new Lunians soon!
Also, for you "perfect character" build people out there, I am more than happy to help you out if you have questions regarding what skill to get, which one is better than the another. Just post your questions below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.