ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Lunia Soldin Championship (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-soldin-championship/)
-   -   Improved Rules? (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-soldin-championship/40219-improved-rules.html)

Lunar 02-24-2009 07:55 PM

Improved Rules?

i dunno other thread seems more like talk about the tournament not the rules cause it feels like they wont even be read there

Quote:

Format

* Single elimination tournament with winner decided by 2/3 matches and finals with 3/5; matches held in City Arena (optional forest)(optional means both participants have to agree)
* Pet Summons and Set Effect both disabled (optionally enabled)
* Rebirth Skills disabled.
* A disconnection will forfeit the current battle. If the player does not return within 10 minutes, the match will be forfeit
* Participants will be seeded into a tournament bracket upon acceptance. This will determine the flow of the remainder of the tournament
* Participants must contact Lunar to schedule their match. If no match time is scheduled, one will be randomly assigned
* A no-show for a match will count as a loss. If neither participant shows, both will be disqualified

Rules

* Attempting to glitch opponents inside Dainn's Ice Barrier or Eir's Moon Barrier is not allowed. The trap at a corner with Ice Barrier uses this glitch but trapping using an Ice Barrier and blocking the opening is allowed.
*body trap that uses full invincibility frames such as dacy's many invinci skills, Dainn's BCB are not allowed because they follow the same reasoning as ice barrier and moon barrier as the target trapped cannot escape with any method
*Allowed body traps include Sieg's S, Sieg's Blow, Lime's RRT, and any other skills similar to these where there's a slight invincible frame not complete.
* If Dacy's dolls become glitched [bouncing invincibility] they must be destroyed immediately
* Exploits of game bugs or violations of ijji ToS will result in immediate disqualification
* Usage of emotes (such as /nomp or /salute1) during the game that affect the gameplay are not allowed
*Talking that affects the gameplay is not allowed.

* A single skill may not be used more than twice in a single combo (A complete combo also includes correction resets, so resetting combo count doesn't reset skill usage count)
* Sieg's "windmill" is restricted to 2 consecutive hits without shifting AKA frontal and no more than one windmill that is no more than 360 degrees between skills
* No more than two of each unique melee strings between skills (excluding dash strings) are allowed. Skills must be used to reset count not hit between like holy spirit (using a skill like holy spirit and hitting between holy spirit hits does not reset this count)
* Lime's are allowed a total of 8 hits on ground (that aaaaaaa trap that limes can do) because their attacks can be cancelled at any time
* Krieg and Lime's transformations follow the same rules except the Biki (yellow) Lime transform. note: this skill is subject to change if deemed unfair during the tournament and can cause a rematch.
* Arien S arrow shots have no restriction on the ground.
* Arien S arrow shots in an air combo is restricted to two S string usages (every S, SS, SSS, SSSS, etc will be considered as a usage of the S string) [this seems like it's confusing tell me if it is]
* Ryan's combos follow the same rules; some ryan's combo using an dA(turn)S skill with the skill cancelling the S; this is illegal following the rules from above
* Ryan's instant invincibility will count as a continuation of a combo in certain corner situations, be cautious of how u use it.

* No Monster Transformation pots
* No changing equipments after the match has started (rule is useful when set effects are going to be allowed)

Etiquettes-these are a separate set of rules that are optional upon request, if both members do not agree they will be set off by default

Dainn v Dainn-No tracking/aoe spells (Fury, FDH, FireOrb, Ocean of Fire, icearrow (casted)) Allowed (Firerain, icearrow cancel, BCB)
Dainn v others-No Fury of Land/FDH

Sieg v others-No Blesses

Arien v others-No Blesses

Krieg v others-No Transformation, No Blesses, no s spamming at 0 hp

Lime v others-No Transformation

Eir v others-No Sleep, healing(not that you'd want to)

Dacy v others-No Doll Summoning

Tia v others-No Blesses

Ryan
v others-No Amplified Railgun usage that results in ~60-80% dmg

Yuki v others-No freeze ground combos

Eternal 02-24-2009 09:18 PM

Agree with all except the single elimination. 3 Matches is better.

Player 1 picks stage, player 2 picks stage, 3rd match( if needed) city.

For set effect, same with stage picking, but third round disabled. Equips cannot be changed so the players must make up their mind.

For the Spectator: I don't care.

Edit: I know most glunians prefer to play in city, but a few people like myself prefer forest. Same with Klunia, but the forest arena should be made available due to different play styles.

Lunar 02-24-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternal (Post 731919)
Agree with all except the single elimination. 3 Matches is better.

Player 1 picks stage, player 2 picks stage, 3rd match( if needed) city.

For set effect, same with stage picking, but third round disabled. Equips cannot be changed so the players must make up their mind.

For the Spectator: I don't care.

Edit: I know most glunians prefer to play in city, but a few people like myself prefer forest. Same with Klunia, but the forest arena should be made available due to different play styles.

the unbolded is the original rules... i think it means the tournament is single elimination with 2/3 matches (or it was from that time when noe wanted less matches for round 1)

and if they do allow the stage picking it starts off as default.. then loser picks the next stage (makes more sense this way)
since ppl can complain about having one person choose over the other... then if he wins it lowers their confidence or wutever u call that.. like u have less area to make mistakes because u can only lose one more time

windcurse 02-25-2009 05:05 PM

Problem with the choose stage other than city arena is that the person will likely use the map design to his/her advantage, in other words, run behind a wall and spam lol.

Eternal 02-25-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windcurse (Post 733108)
Problem with the choose stage other than city arena is that the person will likely use the map design to his/her advantage, in other words, run behind a wall and spam lol.

Don't think those stages will be allowed. Probably Only Forest and City

Lunar 02-25-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windcurse (Post 733108)

ppl seem to not know wut optional means...
no one's gonna agree to it if that's the case then all is well with the rules

windcurse 02-25-2009 09:17 PM

Well duh if its optional they're obviously going to choose something to their advantage unless they wanna have a more 'formal' fight though thats usually later in the tournament so it'll just be another way to last past round 1.

Lunar 02-25-2009 09:22 PM

added correction cause ur definition of optional is so different from mine
optional=choice between players. not one person decides; in this case, any disagreement goes back to default setting of city arena.

Xpecial 02-25-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunar (Post 733832)
optional=choice between players. not one person decides; in this case, any disagreement goes back to default setting of city arena.

This is something we were considering even before the 1st tourny ended. Whether or not we will have this will need an overall consensus. Unfortunately, we are not working on the rules atm, so you will not have a definite answer until sometime later.

Eternal 02-25-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunar (Post 733832)

Why not like Klunia and goes to City, Forest, then City if there is a disagreement?

Since I doubt any forest matches will be held unless Sieg vs Sieg or Eir vs Eir or Sieg vs Eir

Lunar 02-25-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternal (Post 733882)
Why not like Klunia and goes to City, Forest, then City if there is a disagreement?

Since I doubt any forest matches will be held unless Sieg vs Sieg or Eir vs Eir or Sieg vs Eir

it's all included into that one rule... that includes everything...
it includes all matches i've watched from KL and questions i've asked them

they only have the option of forest every other tournament.. and every now and then they add rotating sand glass into a special tournament
and i think they removed the option in the new tournament style.

Gatts 02-25-2009 11:28 PM

next tourney should be 2v2 forest. alternate between 1v1 tourneys and team tourneys. more variety and so forth. gives a nice pacing. or else we could just be having the exact same winnars every time.

windcurse 02-26-2009 01:47 PM

Part of what influences who wins is if someone gets lucky enough to beat someone, lag, and how serious the other person is playing.

Jumper 03-09-2009 02:33 PM

I take it Krieg's xforms are unlimited such as Lime's, right? No infiniting rules? (aa shift reapeat or aaaa repeat or aassssssssssssssssssssssssss)

Lunar 03-09-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumper (Post 750404)
I take it Krieg's xforms are unlimited such as Lime's, right? No infiniting rules? (aa shift reapeat or aaaa repeat or aassssssssssssssssssssssssss)

everything is covered in the 2 strings max

Bredgen 03-09-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

no more than one 90degrees or higher windmill in a combo with the maximum being 360degrees, these are between skills
Wait, I read this before but I either missed this or suddently dont understand it..
Does that mean we can't do a 180 windmill (lets say.. on the wall) in a row? Only 90 degrees at a time and then we gotta connect it with a skill?
That's kinda.... lame :S They have it like that in Klunia?

Lunar 03-09-2009 09:06 PM

no.. i just dont classify 2 hit windmill as a windmill... so i started it at 90degrees max being 360 same as old rule of 360 degrees max but i start counting it at 90

iko 03-17-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunar (Post 750833)
no.. i just dont classify 2 hit windmill as a windmill... so i started it at 90degrees max being 360 same as old rule of 360 degrees max but i start counting it at 90

What does this mean? N> Translator!

Lunar 03-17-2009 11:53 AM

lol
a 2 hit windmill of any kind just follows the "no more than 2 strings" if u count each windmill hit a string
so the 90degrees is an add-on/exception to the rule allowing more than 2 strings of a windmill and allowing 360 degree windmill the max amount before u have to use another skill

Arciph 03-17-2009 01:52 PM

Are Limes allowed to infinite in a non-trans form? No, I'm not talking about a ground a>a>a>a>a>a. I mean an actually air combo infinite.