ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia PvP > Lunia Soldin Championship

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

View Poll Results: LSC - How'd We Do?
5 - Outstanding. I'm amazed that you all pulled this off! 29 35.80%
4 - It was pretty good but some things need some major attention. 34 41.98%
3 - So so. Little good and little bad. 10 12.35%
2 - Overall needs major improvement. Some parts were ok. 4 4.94%
1 - Sucks. Worst tournament I've ever seen. 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
02-24-2009   #61 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Lunar...I have to agree on the chat as it does stop people because they chat with guildies or whatever...anyways..there's bound to be flaws since it is the first tourney hosted by mmog but even then interuptions do cost their time and therefore they could've been an open target...which I can agree on...but like I said the judging is a bit iffy and therefore...why would players have to call it illegal, that just leaves them open to be hit like you said...

Anyways, the REAL question to the answer I want to know is this directing to the referees: is it up to the participants to call it out or should it be the referees...after the match that is...

Not sounding to be mean and all but...something doesn't seem to fit in this...

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

Last edited by Allea; 02-24-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-24-2009   #62 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
Yes but set effects != skill, and that's what tournys are mainly about. Skill and fun.
if u have the same set effects.. wut more skill do u want.. a longer match is only longer nothing changes

02-24-2009   #63 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

On the topic of set effects, I'd be more inclined in their favor if not for the fact that most players in the 66~69 range already have a heavy advantage just from skill damage and the fact that leveling isn't so incredibly easy as for everyone to be 65+ just yet. Going into this tournament I'm sure everyone was aware that being in that ideal level range was going to be an extreme advantage and Elf Hero would have made it significantly worse for certain classes.

Pets I'm leaning toward just saying to leave them on simply because people don't seem to be able to figure out how to turn them off while the fight is starting. Most PvPers at least have a free cat or something from the Christmas event so they're pretty widespread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
since this isn't hosted by GM's with super shout that can be seen everywhere and blocks the middle of ur screen that'd be the best solution
unless noe can get some GM powered accts to give to judges
Yeah, that kind of power would be really helpful.

02-24-2009   #64 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
if u have the same set effects.. wut more skill do u want.. a longer match is only longer nothing changes
Going by that logic tournys shouldn't be in balance then since they take longer.

02-24-2009   #65 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by allea
Anyways, the REAL question to the answer I want to know is this directing to the referees: is it up to the participants to call it out or should it be the referees...after the match that is...

Not sounding to be mean and all but...something doesn't seem to fit in this...
http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/luni...tml#post730619 post #55.

Quote:
i turn off all chat viewing when i play can't see anything
tbh given that whisper is the only way we have to communicate, it'd be smart to at least leave that on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal
So player 1 will pick the options such as forest or city, set effects on or off, then player 2 picks round 2? For the third round, I donno o.o. A compromise perhaps? or Auto set..
Honestly, I don't see the point in having each round in a game played with different options unless the players agree on all three rounds. Let's say player 1 wants Forest, player 2 wants City; either way, one of them is going to get to play their favored map more if they don't win on both maps.

My personal thought on this is that there should be default settings as far as map and rules; if players can agree on room settings/map before their game [like, at the same time they schedule it] they can alter things that aren't going to require the ref to deal with anything different during the game itself [so no "oh, we want unlimited windmills but more restriction on normal combos" or something like that].

Last edited by m1s3ri; 02-24-2009 at 03:25 PM.

02-24-2009   #66 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

I hope you guys remember that is the first PvP tournament since Ijji and the first 1v1 tournament since GnG. Both times, there were heated debates on combo limits and etc., making it IMPOSSIBLE to make a set of rules that would satisfy everyone. We were also not given a lot of time to prepare the rules, less than a week, so a lot of the rules were just from what Mis, Ralin and I remembered and altered to match KLunia tournament rules - the only source that seemed "fair."

Accordingly, we forgot some rules and perhaps left a few loopholes here and there, but those mishaps overall did not greatly affect the outcome of the tournament. So the rules aren't something you guys should be worrying about at this time - the execution, suggestions and how2rule would be great.

02-24-2009   #67 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Going by that logic tournys shouldn't be in balance then since they take longer.
yes.... that'd be prefered.. however.. not everyone has 4k hp like zero
4k hp is actually longer than balance mode
and having set bonus even with the 50% doesn't kill u in one dfist like in free
to even have the 50% u gotta cast a spell wasting it's full effect

dont mention any other set cause i've talked about all the rest in previous pages

i'd also like to add... u didn't participate in this tournament.. nor do u seem like a pvper..

Last edited by Lunar; 02-24-2009 at 04:11 PM.

02-24-2009   #68 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1s3ri
http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/luni...tml#post730619 post #55.

tbh given that whisper is the only way we have to communicate, it'd be smart to at least leave that on.

Honestly, I don't see the point in having each round in a game played with different options unless the players agree on all three rounds. Let's say player 1 wants Forest, player 2 wants City; either way, one of them is going to get to play their favored map more if they don't win on both maps.

My personal thought on this is that there should be default settings as far as map and rules; if players can agree on room settings/map before their game [like, at the same time they schedule it] they can alter things that aren't going to require the ref to deal with anything different during the game itself [so no "oh, we want unlimited windmills but more restriction on normal combos" or something like that].
I don't know the previous discussions about the whisper, but for certain I will not have my chat on during the next tourney. I was spammed during my match by Mooooogayass.

I was thinking of having players pick separately, alternating between who picks stage and who picks on/off, but it will cause an unfairness. Even though it is more fair in terms of rules, but since luck is involved, it won't work. <--disregard this passage if you don't understand.

Mm... How about we let the two players pick either city or forest, then set effects on or off. If there is a third round, we use the default.

Ex:
Round 1: Player 1 picks Forest and Set effects off. Player 1 wins
Round 2: Player 2 picks City and Set Effects on. Player 2 wins
Round 3: Default. Player 2 wins.

Or Player 1 picks forest or city for the first round and then on/off for the second round.

Last edited by Eternal; 02-24-2009 at 04:10 PM.

02-24-2009   #69 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal
I don't know the previous discussions about the whisper, but for certain I will not have my chat on during the next tourney. I was spammed during my match by Mooooogayass.

I was thinking of having players pick separately, alternating between who picks stage and who picks on/off, but it will cause an unfairness. Even though it is more fair in terms of rules, but since luck is involved, it won't work. <--disregard this passage if you don't understand.

Mm... How about we let the two players pick either city or forest, then set effects on or off. If there is a third round, we use the default.

Ex:
Round 1: Player 1 picks Forest and Set effects off. Player 1 wins
Round 2: Player 2 picks City and Set Effects on. Player 2 wins
Round 3: Default. Player 2 wins.

Or Player 1 picks forest or city for the first round and then on/off for the second round.
yes.. that's the reason for me turning off my chats.. ppl always ask for password can't stop it (didn't mean i turned it off this time.. i only had one round.. meant i would've if i went farther)
it's either agreed city or forest... or it alternates starting with city will always happen like this in KL

if possible.. any other rules that are agreed upon should be allowed.. like... dainns going combo style me like that style if ppl agree D:
for koreans they follow manners quite strictly... dont think anyone here would follow so instead of having ppl pissed off allow it to be set as a rule

Last edited by Lunar; 02-24-2009 at 04:17 PM.

02-24-2009   #70 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

Quote:
yes.. that's the reason for me turning off my chats.. ppl always ask for password can't stop it (didn't mean i turned it off this time.. i only had one round.. meant i would've if i went farther)
it's either agreed city or forest... or it alternates starting with city will always happen like this in KL

if possible.. any other rules that are agreed upon should be allowed.. like... dainns going combo style me like that style if ppl agree D:
for koreans they follow manners quite strictly... dont think anyone here would follow so instead of having ppl pissed off allow it to be set as a rule
Hey Lunar.

How about the set effects? Which one comes first.

02-24-2009   #71 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

set effects is either on or off it doesn't change.. O_o

02-24-2009   #72 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future

Quote:
i'd also like to add... u didn't participate in this tournament.. nor do u seem like a pvper..
Actually I use to pvp on my old tia and eir before growing tired of the children that infested the game when it moved to ijji. Plus why would I bother entering a tourny that is 1. on the weekend when I'm busiest and 2. tied to ijji.

02-24-2009   #73 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games

Quote:
Actually I use to pvp on my old tia and eir before growing tired of the children that infested the game when it moved to ijji. Plus why would I bother entering a tourny that is 1. on the weekend when I'm busiest and 2. tied to ijji.
That's the same thing as saying that you don't watch the Super Bowls because you hate Coca-Cola for sponsoring it.

02-24-2009   #74 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpecial
That's the same thing as saying that you don't watch the Super Bowls because you hate Coca-Cola for sponsoring it.
I don't watch the handball Super Bowl (that's a pun btw look up football and rugby) at all, or any other sports for that matter X. Besides weekend + failji != fun.

Last edited by Metty; 02-24-2009 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Fix'd

02-24-2009   #75 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Class: Battleship lt_gunslinger
Level: ⑨

Quote:
I don't watch the handball Super Bowl at all, or any other sports for that matter Ralin. Besides weekend + failji != fun.
X isn`t Ralin .-.

02-24-2009   #76 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
X isn`t Ralin .-.
Coughs

Wasn't paying attention.

02-24-2009   #77 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Class: Battleship lt_gunslinger
Level: ⑨

Quote:
Coughs

Wasn't paying attention.
Lol.

But why would you not want to enter a tourney because it`s run by ijji

02-24-2009   #78 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
Lol.

But why would you not want to enter a tourney because it`s run by ijji
Quote:
Ijjis just the tertiary reason.

02-24-2009   #79 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games

Quote:
Ijjis just the tertiary reason.
Uh you missed my point.

Like how the Super Bowls are only sponsored by Coca-Cola and NOT run by them, the LSC was sponsored by Ijji but NOT run by them.

02-24-2009   #80 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
Awards MoM Award

My last post was for Gladiat X. I just have a hate for ijji due to how they've taken over a few games I use to enjoy and then made them into crap etc. Plus as I highlighted in the quote I'm busiest on the weekend.