ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia PvP > Lunia Soldin Championship

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

View Poll Results: LSC - How'd We Do?
5 - Outstanding. I'm amazed that you all pulled this off! 29 35.80%
4 - It was pretty good but some things need some major attention. 34 41.98%
3 - So so. Little good and little bad. 10 12.35%
2 - Overall needs major improvement. Some parts were ok. 4 4.94%
1 - Sucks. Worst tournament I've ever seen. 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
02-23-2009   #41 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

So player 1 will pick the options such as forest or city, set effects on or off, then player 2 picks round 2? For the third round, I donno o.o. A compromise perhaps? or Auto set..

It's fair. I mean, Klunian developers are the ones developing the game and setting the rules for the tourny. I think it would be most fair if we included forest and set effects. As for free or Balanced, that deals more with whether or not players should get the the amount of benefits they farmed for. The next patch fixes the weakness of 70-75s compared with 66-69s( depending on class..).

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-23-2009   #42 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat

The problem with set effects is that some are overpowered compared to others.

There's L Rotem: Whenever you take damage from your opponent, at a certain %, you can't get hit by physical attacks for a few seconds.

L Drake: 7.5% MP Regeneration. Unlimited MP in balance.

Eternal Flame: Dragon flute at 50% chance after using level 60 skill.

Myth 1: +50% damage for all attacks.

PvP Equips: Opponent can't use skills for a certain amount of time, Reversed controls.

A number of these have effects that just make them overpowered, and people that rely on set effects won't be able to advance. You have to be able to PvP with your own skill, not rely on some set bonus that OHKO's the opponent or makes you OHKO them in seconds.
Well, some of the set effect do can be overpowered to some of the classes, but I don't think it should be restricted or disabled unless it's only round 1 (so we can select the one who's really good).

If you guys are saying: "Enabling set effect give too much advantage to certain player, and it sometimes require less skill, so we should disable them." if that's the case, why not have all ppl go naked and fight? That way whoever win (exclude lag issue) is the true winner.

Like for me, who wear full kanhel set, obviously no yuki's gonna like me. But have you thought? How many damage/stat I lose if wearing 6 piece of kanhel set? So it's my fault for liking set effect more than stat? I can't wear what I like?

Beside, having set effect on means that unexpected situation can suddenly happen, IMO, whoever can adjust these situations quickly and still be able to perform his skill/combo should be the real pro and winner.

EDIT: Sieg's MD can last up to 22 seconds with 2 min CD, but it's not like mage can't do anything about it, he can still melee + a few skills.

Kanhel's ice immune effect can last up to 10 seconds with 5% chance, but it's not like no pro Yuki cannot melee and still combo me.

There's really not much difference, except your luck of 5%, you can have it activated so many times in a match, you can also have it activated only a few times.

Last edited by Blizt; 02-23-2009 at 04:16 PM.

02-23-2009   #43 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

Lunar ;-; , please explain to us how the setting works and the body trap thingy. Like which body traps are legal and which ones are not. Or all illegal.

02-23-2009   #44 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold

Oh and there's something I wanted to suggest.

Can you record the video in less-quality setting? So the game would run a bit smoother.
I mean, having high quality is great, but it's really hard to get excited about when the screen's all lagging everywhere.

Even if the character or their skill animation is a bit blurred, you can still quite clearly see what they're doing (more fast paced too). Also this would mean smaller size of video too, which also means less time to upload them.

Really, I thank you for taking your time to record those high quality video, but think about it? =]

02-23-2009   #45 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
read above... we're talking about KL
It's come to my attention that one could perceive my post as an attack on you.

The subject of the post I quoted was quite ambiguous (form my point of view) and I thought it was discussing our round 4 videos. Because I believed there was a question of whether or not our set effects were enabled, I sought to clarify.

My apologies if it was perceived as such - it was not intended.

[Forum Rules][NoeJeko's Blog][Guide Guide][TO Training Guide]
k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

02-23-2009   #46 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

JahIthBer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BliztForever

Can you record the video in less-quality setting? So the game would run a bit smoother.
I mean, having high quality is great, but it's really hard to get excited about when the screen's all lagging everywhere.

Even if the character or their skill animation is a bit blurred, you can still quite clearly see what they're doing (more fast paced too). Also this would mean smaller size of video too, which also means less time to upload them.

Really, I thank you for taking your time to record those high quality video, but think about it? =]
I agree, lower quality videos are better then laggy videos. several times i had to stop watching a video because i cant stand the lag.

02-23-2009   #47 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
It's come to my attention that one could perceive my post as an attack on you.

The subject of the post I quoted was quite ambiguous (form my point of view) and I thought it was discussing our round 4 videos. Because I believed there was a question of whether or not our set effects were enabled, I sought to clarify.

My apologies if it was perceived as such - it was not intended.
O_o.
is all i can say as a reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal
Lunar ;-; , please explain to us how the setting works and the body trap thingy. Like which body traps are legal and which ones are not. Or all illegal.
i thought i mentioned body trap already..
all normal body traps without invinci frames basically ones u can escape
example of ones u can't use... BCB because it hits air and ground, dacy's invinci because they last extremely long and she can cancel some for downattk

an invinci that i do not know if it is legal would be lime's RRT (but i'd assume it's illegal cause its invinci'ed)

legal ones would be sieg's S at wall (many ppl see me do it)
any body trap with a char and a normal attack since ur both equally in terms of being able to hit the target

as for the set effect rules... when i ask KLunians.. they just said "sometimes" so i'm assuming it's user choice maybe they vote or something
set effects are far from overpowered since almost all 65+ chars get the elf hero set for 50% dmg so everyone has access to it
dragon flute seems overpowered but it usually reduces dmg such as IH cannot be used on the ground after blow and has to be used as a launcher unless u want to risk the 50%
only ones that affect the match are immunity and skill disables because they are combo counters which are random and the opponent cannot see when it activates
L drake is far from unlimited MP in balance... i've ran out of mp with it on. even if thundercandy is doing 1k dmg each 75 mp per hit for like 3-4 doesn't refill all the way, plus to play a dacy properly u must spam randomly sometimes or (predict spam) which eats ur mp.

Quote:

btw.. ur not forced to view in high quality
click the embedded video to link to the original site for smooth viewing
i did the same mistake and blamed it on noe's frapsing way back

but i do suggest the lower quality for the first few rounds since they are less important and have more video's to upload

Last edited by Lunar; 02-23-2009 at 08:17 PM.

02-23-2009   #48 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

^I think he meant for Noe to lower his graphics.

02-23-2009   #49 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

would mean it's video quality
video size doesn't go down from ingame settings

but i can always be wrong

02-23-2009   #50 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games

oh I meant the video quality o_O
(like normal quality/higher quality)

...I think o.o

02-23-2009   #51 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahIthBer
I agree, lower quality videos are better then laggy videos. several times i had to stop watching a video because i cant stand the lag.
To solve this, given that it's FPS lag and not internet lag, it can be solved by turning down graphics (ie. particle effects, trilinear, AA, etc.). That would fix the jumping problem that a lot of people seem to complain about.

Of course another possibility is the recording program simply lags Lunia, in which case... blah. o.o

I felt it was executed rather well. Since, I'm sure, rules will be refined the next time around to avoid any mishaps that may have occured, I have nothing else to really say. o.o

Maybe someone can add music to the videos like the kLunia ones? >_>

02-23-2009   #52 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Maybe someone can add music to the videos like the kLunia ones? >_>
My only concern with this is the music industry. In the US they BAW BAW BAW about their music being used without royalties and I don't want to have youtube rip our video down just because I dubbed "Eye of the Tiger" over the final round.

k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

02-24-2009   #53 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

incarnate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
if u do not call anything wut's a judge for.. just a spectator?
QFT, the players should be concentrating on the battle, not on if illegal moves are being done, that should be what the judge is for.

02-24-2009   #54 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Of course another possibility is the recording program simply lags Lunia, in which case... blah. o.o
Yeah, this was a huge problem for me. Fraps normally displays your FPS and in normal settings I was getting well over 60, more than smooth -- but as soon as I started recording the average FPS often fell to around 20 when people were actually using skills and sometimes as low as 3-4 FPS for several seconds at a time. Even after I encoded the videos some of them were just plainly horrible and the rounds that were ruined like that are the ones I was unable to upload from the games I watched.

I don't really have any experience with video and asking friends didn't get me much that helped, so if anyone has some suggestions that don't involve just getting a better computer they'd be greatly appreciated.

02-24-2009   #55 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by incarnate
QFT, the players should be concentrating on the battle, not on if illegal moves are being done, that should be what the judge is for.
There was a really good reason for this. I was the only one on staff that could devote as much time to the tournament as I did. Seeing as how I created a Lunia character 4 days before tournament start I had no idea what I was looking at. m1s gave me a crash course in combos so I wasn't completely in the dark.

As the tournament wrapped up I got a better understanding of what was going on and how to judge the melee strings but if I had to leave this in the hands of our Lunia veterans... it wouldn't have happened.

We're addressing whether or not this is necessary in future tournaments - but it was absolutely necessary for this one.

02-24-2009   #56 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

@mis: you did try the obvious I assume? Close all unused/uneeded programs and etc. well if that doesn't work then update graphic card driver and etc. Well otherwise that's all I could think of.

Set bonuses...well it depends on everyone but still rather...if you're going to turn on set bonuses, might as well allow pets too then. But turning the tides/tables is really what tourneys are about though...like it makes things more interesting it gives more of an edge or brings more interest. Assuming we get the skill/balance patch then chances are balance would be good for me.

Oh...like ulti and some others have said the city/forest alteration seems better anyways.

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

Last edited by Allea; 02-24-2009 at 12:33 PM.

02-24-2009   #57 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by allea
@mis: you did try the obvious I assume? Close all unused/uneeded programs and etc. well if that doesn't work then update graphic card driver and etc. Well otherwise that's all I could think of.

Set bonuses...well it depends on everyone but still rather...if you're going to turn on set bonuses, might as well allow pets too then. But turning the tides/tables is really what tourneys are about though...like it makes things more interesting it gives more of an edge or brings more interest. Assuming we get the skill/balance patch then chances are balance would be good for me.

Oh...like ulti and some others have said the city/forest alteration seems better anyways.
pets are cash and set effects aren't... although ppl can buy the card but the main ones like elf hero cannot be carded
there are also the cs clothing.. but... those u can buy with gold since they're tradable other than that.. the bonus from +1dfist isn't as high as a crit dfist.

but in round 4 finals there were pets used on first life... i'm guessing they forgot to remove.. GM's dont interupt the match..
this brings me to another flaw of this tourney... dont say anything to the player.. judge and tell them after the match.
one match with lock i saw the judge tell him to remove pet... basically he stood there for like 6 secs allowing opponent to get a free combo...
since this isn't hosted by GM's with super shout that can be seen everywhere and blocks the middle of ur screen that'd be the best solution
unless noe can get some GM powered accts to give to judges

plus... i turn off all chat viewing when i play can't see anything

Last edited by Lunar; 02-24-2009 at 02:19 PM.

02-24-2009   #58 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

In my personal opinion no gear, no pets, no set effects etc. Seeing as its in balance it just levels the playing ground even more making it less of "LOLOLOL I WIN BECAUSE I HAVE SET X/Y/Z" and more of you win based on your personal skill and luck not RNG.

02-24-2009   #59 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
In my personal opinion no gear, no pets, no set effects etc. Seeing as its in balance it just levels the playing ground even more making it less of "LOLOLOL I WIN BECAUSE I HAVE SET X/Y/Z" and more of you win based on your personal skill and luck not RNG.
that's y we're saying optional.. if both players have x/y/z set.. having faster games benefits everyone

02-24-2009   #60 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Yes but set effects != skill, and that's what tournys are mainly about. Skill and fun.