ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia PvP > Lunia Soldin Championship

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

View Poll Results: LSC - How'd We Do?
5 - Outstanding. I'm amazed that you all pulled this off! 29 35.80%
4 - It was pretty good but some things need some major attention. 34 41.98%
3 - So so. Little good and little bad. 10 12.35%
2 - Overall needs major improvement. Some parts were ok. 4 4.94%
1 - Sucks. Worst tournament I've ever seen. 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
02-22-2009   #21 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bredgen
Can you give an example for when JinUS broke the windmill rule? I saw one of this matches (first one against CrunchyRoll in round 1) and the windmills he did were all legal.
This is not the place to discuss this. We stated multiple times that if a player felt their opponent used an illegal combo or move then they were to bring it to our attention and keep fighting. We would then review it and make a call accordingly. I personally didn't call anything unless another player or ref mentioned it first. Therefore, even if Jin used 10,000 illegal windmills, I wouldn't have called a single one unless their opponents said something to me in the match (not saying he did, making an example).

It pays to read the match schedule threads - the one with the bigass "DO NOT TL;DR THIS" at the top.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-22-2009   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event Winner

ShadowPearls is on a distinguished road
IGN: ShadowPearls
Class: Tia lu_tia
Level: 65
Guild: iREJECT

Overall, I actually like the rules. 4/5

suggestions:
1. Body lock should be banned.
2. no specs
ppl can whisp to tell them the opponent's mp status/ when to heal/ etc.

thx again

will post if i think of more

Pm me if you need any help on Tia pvp/ combos.

lv 6x Tia

OMG, WHEN CAN I FINISH MY GUIDE?

takes forever to upload my vids...

02-22-2009   #23 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Bredgen has disabled reputation
IGN: iBredgen
Class: Sieg
Level: 75 RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
This is not the place to discuss this. We stated multiple times that if a player felt their opponent used an illegal combo or move then they were to bring it to our attention and keep fighting. We would then review it and make a call accordingly. I personally didn't call anything unless another player or ref mentioned it first. Therefore, even if Jin used 10,000 illegal windmills, I wouldn't have called a single one unless their opponents said something to me in the match (not saying he did, making an example).

It pays to read the match schedule threads - the one with the bigass "DO NOT TL;DR THIS" at the top.
I did read the match schedule threads... forgive me if I forgot a little detail, I was knocked out of the tourny since Round 2 after all. Besides, I wasn't questioning the method in which you called when something is illegal.

Anyhow...
Quote:
I thought the rules were already set out like that.
Were they? Then maybe that specific rule needed a big rewording, since I interpreted it the complete wrong way (and i know others that interpreted the same way) and only completely got it after I asked one of the refs about the rule.

02-22-2009   #24 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bredgen
I did read the match schedule threads... forgive me if I forgot a little detail, I was knocked out of the tourny since Round 2 after all. Besides, I wasn't questioning the method in which you called when something is illegal.
I wasn't saying anything against you, I was saying Jumper shouldn't accuse us of allowing illegal moves when the opponent never called foul like they were supposed to. Also, I don't want this breaking off into a tangent so I'd like the discussion on JinUS and Jeneral to stop at this post.

02-22-2009   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

this in itself is a flaw...
if u do not call anything wut's a judge for.. just a spectator?
since all matches were recorded... it should be a first hand judging... then a person to review the match through the video incase the first judge missed anything
or there can be two judges at the match
this is another reason to reduce the 128 participants... u were unable to upload vids fast enough for them to be reviewed

and i agree with bredgen... the wording was off, sounded like u should say "illegal" if u think something's illegal and the judge would tell u if it is or not
not to say illegal when it is obviously illegal

Last edited by Lunar; 02-22-2009 at 08:45 PM.

02-22-2009   #26 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

acekgz is on a distinguished road
IGN: fatten
Class: Lime
Level: 7x

i don't mind the scrutiny of the actual pvp rules, but when it comes to recording the matches, refs need to be able to handle using hypercam or fraps or whatever program to record.
(CPU performance-wise)

I say this because the ref who monitored my last match didn't record/frap anything and so did not upload his/her round 3 matches. (this is what I understood from his/her in game mail)

02-22-2009   #27 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Unfortunately, we cannot buy a computer for all our refs lol. This is something we just have to live with - a lot of them are still in school and cannot afford a high end machine.

02-22-2009   #28 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

acekgz is on a distinguished road
IGN: fatten
Class: Lime
Level: 7x

Quote:
Unfortunately, we cannot buy a computer for all our refs lol. This is something we just have to live with - a lot of them are still in school and cannot afford a high end machine.
Well I was going to add this to the end of my post, then why couldn't other players be elected as referees? (Ones that can handle the lag from recording, sorry if I am coming off in a bad tone but I don't mean it that way)

02-22-2009   #29 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by acekgz
Well I was going to add this to the end of my post, then why couldn't other players be elected as referees? (Ones that can handle the lag from recording, sorry if I am coming off in a bad tone but I don't mean it that way)
No worries, I didn't take it as bad.

The problem there is liability. As a referee, they're representing MMOG and I don't want someone who hasn't gone through our staff selection process speaking for us. We've had bad experiences with that before - people starting e-drama because they "represent MMOG".

02-23-2009   #30 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Awards Event Winner

ZeroKunoichi will become famous soon enough

I currently only have a problem with the invincible body block.
I really "don't like" balance but if it really get's balanced in the future patches then it shouldn't be a problem for anyone.
I know personally that balance/free has it's ups and downs for certain characters.
I think the matches should be scheduled for 2 days a week and 5 days for running the matches so that the window of no shows and DQ lowers.

Last edited by ZeroKunoichi; 02-23-2009 at 09:05 AM.

02-23-2009   #31 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Well...body blocking can be a real problem, and overall I liked this tourney but like what Zero said, balance isn't exactly the best way to go...I prefer free as well, and what Ulti said on xform pots...don't use them.

While it is all good and yea set bonuses would be best as off as it already is. Otherwise it's good...the illegal calling out is a bit iffy though...

EDIT: Perhaps that it shouldn't be up to the participants to call out illegal rather, and this isn't coming off badly but should be up to the refs as some people suggest.

I would also suggest that people should say thank you and such since most people don't aknowledge the refrees at all. (obvious much but needs to get out there)

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

Last edited by Allea; 02-23-2009 at 02:38 PM.

02-23-2009   #32 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

hahaheheho is on a distinguished road

we could do set effects like klunia did their tourny... one game off and the next game its on.
ign: 4x dainn euphorite

02-23-2009   #33 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

Ultimaga will become famous soon enoughUltimaga will become famous soon enough
IGN: xVertigo
Class: NINJA! lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahaheheho
we could do set effects like klunia did their tourny... one game off and the next game its on.
those are for user hosted tournaments...which run a lot differently than official.

02-23-2009   #34 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Well also, I think that the tournament should be placed based on skill levels (not something like...a person that can combo well vs. a person that can't shift etc.) or like what kck said, team battle qualifications!

There should be more referees but noe has a good point on that though.

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

02-23-2009   #35 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimaga
those are for user hosted tournaments...which run a lot differently than official.
they're official.. they alternate like forest and city arena whenever they feel like it

02-23-2009   #36 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

Ultimaga will become famous soon enoughUltimaga will become famous soon enough
IGN: xVertigo
Class: NINJA! lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

i know about the forest and city arena, but dont they leave set effects off?

02-23-2009   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimaga
i know about the forest and city arena, but dont they leave set effects off?
watch the vids... round 4 finals has set effects every round
its been like this for a while.. i'm guessing since cap removal and stuff the set effects dont seem as godly

02-23-2009   #38 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
watch the vids... round 4 finals has set effects every round
its been like this for a while.. i'm guessing since cap removal and stuff the set effects dont seem as godly
I personally set up every room for round 4 and above and I personally removed set effects in the room settings. If there's another way to enable them then that's beyond me.

02-23-2009   #39 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

read above... we're talking about KL

02-23-2009   #40 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

hahaheheho is on a distinguished road

ya, in KL set effects were on for round 2, 3, and 4. Not sure about round 1 though. and that was pre-patch. Im pretty sure they would have turned it off if deemed unfair.
ign: 4x dainn euphorite

Last edited by hahaheheho; 02-23-2009 at 04:17 PM.