ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia PvP > Lunia Soldin Championship

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-14-2009   #1 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki
Lightbulb NoeJeko's Tournament Etiquette 101

I've seen some pretty rude things going on but I imagine half of them don't even know they're being rude. So here's a few tips to make your "no hard feelings" really make no hard feelings.
  1. Be courteous of your opponent. Please don't constantly complain about your lag in a match. Your opponent may perceive this as an attempt to make him drop his guard.
  2. If you lose, please don't blame your lag, lack of sleep, people talking, etc. Your opponent won and saying anything other than "congrats" is basically saying "You have no skill, I would have won if not for <insert excuse here>".
  3. Please do not blatantly insult your opponent before, during, or after the match. Trash talk is fine but you can usually tell when it crosses the line and becomes insulting.
  4. If you win, congratulate your opponent. After all, they showed up and played you. We've had quite a few matches where an opponent was so scared he/she just quit. At least they gave you the respect to give you a good match - please give them the same respect.
  5. Please don't insult the players if you're a spectator. Odds are they're going to see the match on YouTube.
  6. Please show up for your matches. To just not show up tells your opponent and your referee that you don't care about wasting their time. If you're going to withdraw, please formally withdraw and do not waste everyone's time.
  7. Please don't spam the referees. We are not going to give you the password, we are not going to recite all the tournament rules to you, we are not going to tell you when you fight, and we are not going to tell you when others fight. We have threads for all these and if the room is locked, its locked for a reason.
  8. Spectators, please don't spread a password to a locked room. The players have invited you - not the entire server. It defeats the purpose of locking a room if you go and shout the password after you're given it.
  9. Please don't share information with the players. If you're watching please do not tell one's MP status, etc to the other. If this becomes a problem we'll just disallow all spectators.
  10. Please don't rush the referee. If they're taking a minute or two to share information before a match starts, it's for a reason (usually I asked them to). We do things for the good of the tournament overall - not to hear you whine that we need to hurry up.
  11. Every now and then, why not thank a referee or the players? The refs donate a lot of their time to this and without the players, there wouldn't be a tournament at all.

Just some tips for being a better sportsman and a better player. A player who's respectful and a good sportsman earns much more respect than a rude, arrogant, pushy, sore loser/winner.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-14-2009   #2 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Awards Event Winner

ZeroKunoichi will become famous soon enough

Thanks Neo!!!! and the ref crew!

I never thought about point 11 (ref part) until now and I have usually never done it before.

02-14-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

AkumaMage is on a distinguished road
IGN: AkumaM
Class: Dainn lt_sorcerer
Level: 5x
Guild: FallenHeaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKunoichi
Thanks Neo!!!! and the ref crew!

I never thought about point 11 (ref part) until now and I have usually never done it before.
I second to that =O
Thank you those who are participating and those who made this tourny possible =)

02-15-2009   #4 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

Ultimaga will become famous soon enoughUltimaga will become famous soon enough
IGN: xVertigo
Class: NINJA! lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

yeah, big up's to the refs and every one of the appreciative players.

there's too many kids that act like they can run a 128 player tournament sponsored by a company better =|

02-15-2009   #5 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Hmm, we should be thankful to the refs, because no one seems to give thanks and etc. Well not that common but still...thanks~!

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

02-15-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event Winner

ShadowPearls is on a distinguished road
IGN: ShadowPearls
Class: Tia lu_tia
Level: 65
Guild: iREJECT

thanks to all the refs =)

Pm me if you need any help on Tia pvp/ combos.

lv 6x Tia

OMG, WHEN CAN I FINISH MY GUIDE?

takes forever to upload my vids...