ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia PvP > Lunia Soldin Championship

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (5) Thread Tools Display Modes
01-22-2009   5 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of
Default Lunia Soldin Championship Pre/Round 1 Discussion

MMOG's running a PvP tournament, so if you're into PvP, check it out.

http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/cont...0-g-coins.html

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-22-2009   #2 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Bredgen has disabled reputation
IGN: iBredgen
Class: Sieg
Level: 75 RB

Oh this is definitely gonna be an interesting tournament.
Good luck to everyone!!

Edit: Oh god.... no way I can win this.... guess ill participate for fun then.

Last edited by Bredgen; 01-22-2009 at 10:39 PM.

01-23-2009   #3 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

This thread is now the official discussion thread for pre-registration and round 1. Talk all your trash to your opponents here and ask for rule clarifications if needed =]
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

01-23-2009   #4 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

I know I won't make it too far through this tourney with my stage Eir even though I like PvP for some reason. Anyways, good luck to everyone!~ Maybe I'll be lucky. =D

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

01-23-2009   #5 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSinned
i was just wondering about that too

mostly about the "unique" part..
define unique consecutive melee strings ._.
Clumsy wording but basically you're only allowed to use each type of melee twice between skills.

That means Sieg can do AASS sp sp, AS sp sp, AAAS, AAAS, AS sp sp, AAS, AAAA, skill.
Dainn can do AA auto AA auto AA AA auto AA AA, but not AA auto AA auto AA. etc, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BliztForever
I just have 3 questions here regarding the rules...

Quote:
A single skill may not be used more than twice in a single combo
This one seems...kinda unfair, in pvp you tried to keep your combo going as long as you can, but if a single skill cannot be used twice (like mage's pillar/hand), how'd I keep going without letting the opponent drop? I mean eventually my other skills would run out too...(or is the wording a misunderstanding?)

Quote:
No more than two of each unique consecutive melee strings between skills (excluding dash strings) are allowed
I'm a mage, if I was to face up to wall, and I did AA firebomb 449 AA 776 AA >>AS...(autoshift), would that be against the rule?
All of the combo restrictions are meant to prevent infinites.

AA auto AA dAS is legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedScar
Btw, Is Autostep considered abuse of of game mechanics and phsyics? It's essential to most dainn combos so I'd be hardpressed to combo without it.
no.

Last edited by m1s3ri; 01-23-2009 at 02:47 PM.

01-23-2009   #6 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice
IGN: TangoDown
Class: Ryan lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

Will all equipment be stripped in order to even the playing field?

01-23-2009   #7 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

Everyone,

While the tournament is going, please keep in mind things you think we could do better to make the tournament more successful in the future. We'll have a post-tournament discussion once it's over and we'd like to hear your comments about it.

01-23-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event Winner

Senike is just really niceSenike is just really niceSenike is just really niceSenike is just really nice

Are the rules based on KLunian Tournaments?
Dainn's FDH is allowed?

:x

01-23-2009   #9 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedScar
Will all equipment be stripped in order to even the playing field?
no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senike
Are the rules based on KLunian Tournaments?
Dainn's FDH is allowed?

:x
There are no complete bans on any skill.

01-23-2009   #10 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice

Will Pandano freeze be banned? It's sorta cheap and really really annoying xD.

01-23-2009   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
Again, as stated multiple times, the rules for this tournament cannot be changed because 64 people have already signed up under those rules. People are going to think things are unfair; we have to balance that.

Your question regarding rule violations was answered in the first post; it will count as a loss unless it was accidental - in which case the person who didn't break the rule can decide if it should be re-done.
to this... i think KL does it a simpler way..
they just let u finish the match.. if the person does the illegal move again he gets DQ'd (after a warning of course)
and it's DQ not just a loss

majority of the illegal moves are minor in dmg anyways.. so if an accidental one is done.. then whole match restarts.. waste of time for judge and the participants

01-23-2009   #12 (permalink)
Guild Leader

HoroTheWise will become famous soon enough

i dont get the Rules like for the attack rules can someone simplify xD sry for my bad spelling O_O and give examples plx xD My character is a yuki if its helps for the examples

01-23-2009   #13 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Lunar,

I don't think you understand my position. I'm not stating I won't change anything because "lulz do wat i say nub". I'm not changing for this tournament because any change has to be re-approved by ijji - and not just one person in ijji. I'll have to delay EVERYTHING to get the ruleset changed. Sure we could just change it and lose their sponsorship but I'd rather not do that.

Your opinions are important; please hold them until after the tournament for changes and we'll do our best to level it for everyone. Thanks!

01-23-2009   #14 (permalink)
Pro in EVERY class

Ichi will become famous soon enoughIchi will become famous soon enough
IGN: Ichigon, Ichigirl, Ichiti
Class: Every Class
Level: 61, 60, 57, 60, 53, 50, 50, 65
Guild: Daysleepers, TheNakedHealer, SexyCat, 500Cent

i know this won't happen, but well, I am just saying it, so whatever.

i always wish we could watch the match live, like a lots of audience enter the pvp game as a observer to see they fight.

i don't pvp , but i would like to see it. and not see the recording after the game is finished.

01-23-2009   #15 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

I'm actually working on that. We want to keep the videos because it would be great to show new people what its all about - but I can imagine almost every participant would like to watch the final round. I'll see what I can work out with them.

01-23-2009   #16 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursedscar
will pandano freeze be banned? It's sorta cheap and really really annoying xd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1s3ri
there are no complete bans on any skill.
~

01-23-2009   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Grimnoir is on a distinguished road
IGN: Grimnoir, Grimglace
Class: Tia, Yuki

I'm sure all the 60+ Yukis are curious about how rules apply to Ice Queen, specifically her casting of Icewall and the chance that she could effectively Icewall trap someone without the player doing anything.

Since Ice Queen's AI is completely independent, what are the rulings if a Yuki's Ice Queen traps someone?

01-23-2009   #18 (permalink)
Vicious Yetituff
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEden EternalLeague of LegendsLunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gaiety will become famous soon enough

For "live viewing":

I imagine the original plan is for it to work like this:

Proctor (MMOG Staff member) will shout/whisper/whatever to call for the participants, make a locked room, then whisper the participants the password. They would then proceed with the match.

I feel the participants should have an option to get the proctor to unlock the room (leaving it as 1v1 city, of course) once everyone is ready so that 19 people (not counting the proctor) can watch the match. Of course, if one participant doesn't want other people to watch, then the room should remain locked.

01-23-2009   #19 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimnoir
I'm sure all the 60+ Yukis are curious about how rules apply to Ice Queen, specifically her casting of Icewall and the chance that she could effectively Icewall trap someone without the player doing anything.

Since Ice Queen's AI is completely independent, what are the rulings if a Yuki's Ice Queen traps someone?
Ice Queen is not banned; if on the incredibly odd chance someone walks into the corner and sits there waiting for an Ice Queen to wall them in, you're not at fault. Xpecial says the queen's wall is weaker than a Dainn wall in PvP anyway, so if that's true it'd be as threatening as being bamboo'd into a corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiety
For "live viewing":

I imagine the original plan is for it to work like this:

Proctor (MMOG Staff member) will shout/whisper/whatever to call for the participants, make a locked room, then whisper the participants the password. They would then proceed with the match.

I feel the participants should have an option to get the proctor to unlock the room (leaving it as 1v1 city, of course) once everyone is ready so that 19 people (not counting the proctor) can watch the match. Of course, if one participant doesn't want other people to watch, then the room should remain locked.
Pretty much agreed, unless someone says otherwise then I think participants should be able to let their friends and guild get first shot at the spectator slots.

01-23-2009   #20 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

Pandano freeze isn't a complete ban Misiri. You can still use the dolls melee attack and the bamboo but Dacys would purposefully explode him to freeze you a few seconds. It's quite a long freeze.