ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia PvP > Lunia Soldin Championship

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack (5) Thread Tools Display Modes
01-23-2009   #41 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

uxumaki00 is on a distinguished road
Default GM_etoile no mercy

Gm_etoile at lest give ppl 50g coin for hard work -.-
im rly anoyying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-23-2009   #42 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

I forgot to ask if Lime's speed transform (I forget the name -_-) infinite is allowed. I don't think anyone would even bother using this x-form, but I like to be on the safe side.

01-23-2009   #43 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

All Slime xform infinites are allowed.

01-23-2009   #44 (permalink)
Banned

Jeneral is your worst nightmare!Jeneral is your worst nightmare!Jeneral is your worst nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
35 spots left!

I hope everyone doesn't sign up and then forget about this .___.

If we fill it up this weekend then I'll bump everything up to start next Friday so you're all not waiting 2 weeks to start!
I can guarantee at least 30% of the people who signed up won't show up.
Over at GunZ we tried this kind of tourney so many times it's not even funny.

The only way to make sure that almost everyone shows up is that you send constant reminders to the people on the forums and maybe have someone advertise within lunia with shouts every so often.

01-23-2009   #45 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeneral
I can guarantee at least 30% of the people who signed up won't show up.
Over at GunZ we tried this kind of tourney so many times it's not even funny.

The only way to make sure that almost everyone shows up is that you send constant reminders to the people on the forums and maybe have someone advertise within lunia with shouts every so often.
Of course we will be advertising it again and again.

01-23-2009   #46 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

TheDopi will become famous soon enoughTheDopi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to TheDopi Send a message via MSN to TheDopi
IGN: dopi
Class: Sieg
Level: 67 (439)
Guild: DashAttack

This might be a strange question which probably won't even come up, but I'ma ask it anyways. Today in pvp when i was frontal'ing someone (windmill (dash a space)), my opponent eventually was positioned in such a way that when i did two frontals, only the first and third slashes connected. It went sorta like this... "[...combo] dash a space [this striked the opponent] dash a space [this missed the opponent] dash a space [this hit the opponent] [combo...]". Is this illegal? *Note, only two windmills hit the opponent...

I hope you have a memorable tomorrow, including, but not limited to, the promising, golden hours of morning, the full, rich bloom of afternoon, and of course, the quiet, gentle hours of evening, when time, pausing for an instant and breathing a small sigh, rushes forward to greet the newly forming day. ~George Carlin

Read this to expand your miiinnd: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

01-23-2009   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Jeneral is your worst nightmare!Jeneral is your worst nightmare!Jeneral is your worst nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpecial
Biki's stun lock is legal.

This may change in upcoming tournaments, but it is legal in this current one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpecial
All Slime xform infinites are allowed.
I love you xpec <3

And if anyone complains about my lime xforms I'm gonna have a heart attack considering we pretty much got raped in the trans department.

01-23-2009   #48 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games

We will count the windmill by hits.

01-23-2009   #49 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Xpec

What the hell did you even talk to m1s before posting that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxumaki00
Gm_etoile at lest give ppl 50g coin for hard work -.-
im rly anoyying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
... huh?
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

01-24-2009   #50 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
Xpec

What the hell did you even talk to m1s before posting that?
tbh, no I didn't, but it is quite a simple question.

I asked mis and he responded the same way, by hits.

01-24-2009   #51 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack

@X:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbot3000
No, my point is, are we making an exception for them when they are in xform or otherwise? Given that all they have are melees in xform, having the same restrictions as everyone else is kinda harsh, but having no restriction lets them do those infinites (biki, wabang, etc) which well... kinda contradicts the purpose of having rules.

Additionally, how to deal with lime's 'autostep'? I mean how to tell one A from another as a judge?
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1s3ri
brb smashing my face in as penalty for failure

'k so um.

Cool Wabang, I don't really know how it works; tbh I can't remember the last time I've seen it but I'm pretty sure two spins doesn't kill someone. blah.

On the other hand, two spins does deal a rather significant amount of damage. I don't think requiring them to drop after two spins is 100% unreasonable.

Biki ... well, if the Biki infinite is legal, than so is Tia's slide AA slide, etc. Personally I think both are horribly lame and should not be allowed.

It's a bit too late for this tournament anyway, I think ... so let this serve as a reminder in case we get to do this again?

edit: oh I almost forgot about the autostep question... imo since there's basically no difference between "A auto A auto A auto A auto" and "AAAA auto" just assume they did it every 4 hits.
Um, what?

01-24-2009   #52 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Jumper is on a distinguished road

This is too complicated.... So wait, if I wanna combo in a straight line to stall for mp I'd have to do aa>>as a>>as a>>as aa>>as aa>>as aaa(1hit) >>as aaa(1hit) >>as aaa (2hit) >>as aaa (2hit) >>as aas >>as aas >>as aass >>as aass >>as aaaa as >>as aaaa etc...?

I would lose track of which strings I've used already.

01-24-2009   #53 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbot3000
Um, what?
Despite the fact that I find the Biki infinite to be stupidly lame, I still have to say it ought to be allowed under the rules we drew up.

@Jumper: Yes, that's kinda the point.

01-24-2009   #54 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Also, I assume "combo" means inescapable, correct? or is it air combo? or chain?

Would an imperfect ground windmill that can be easily escaped from be illegal?
Would it count as an illegal "combo" if you use [on ground] nuke, icebomb, rim, element, aa>>as icebomb?
How are resets considered? Can you not hit someone that lies on the ground to start a new combo? How can it be considered escapable/inescapable?
aa>>as icebomb >>as (insert combo here) *let opponent drop* cold whirlwind icebomb. Legal?
Or is there some rule that "you must let your opponent lie on the ground 1 second or more before you can reuse a skill that you used in the previous combo" or something? Technically when it resets it resets. It's a new air combo.

Why must these rules be so strict/complicated?
Tbh I would respect a Sieg that actually pulled off a 360 or more windmill in a tourny match (if it were legal) knowing he could drop it at any time easily to do an extra 100 dmg than a lime that infinited you to 1/2-0 hp with his xform.

Last edited by Jumper; 01-24-2009 at 12:42 AM.

01-24-2009   #55 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

ImagineFTW is on a distinguished road

K I need to clarify one more thing, AA auto AA auto AAA legal or illegal. Cause I'm not sure if the "AA" in the AAA at the start of the AAA count as the same melee string as the AA's before it?

01-24-2009   #56 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Awards Event Winner

Ryrk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineFTW
K I need to clarify one more thing, AA auto AA auto AAA legal or illegal. Cause I'm not sure if the "AA" in the AAA at the start of the AAA count as the same melee string as the AA's before it?
Legal.

...10char

01-24-2009   #57 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Combo means inescapable. Judge's decision.

No, the rules are not perfect. We're very aware of that. If you have better ideas, feel free to share.

01-24-2009   #58 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryrk
Legal.

...10char
What defines "auto"?
Is it aa776? Is it the directions you press? Is it the AA?

edit:
What if it's dash out-able but not counterable which makes it look inescapable? ....But this judge doesn't know or can't tell?

Last edited by Jumper; 01-24-2009 at 12:47 AM.

01-24-2009   #59 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper
Also, I assume "combo" means inescapable, correct? or is it air combo? or chain?

Would an imperfect ground windmill that can be easily escaped from be illegal?
Would it count as an illegal "combo" if you use [on ground] nuke, icebomb, rim, element, aa>>as icebomb?
How are resets considered? Can you not hit someone that lies on the ground to start a new combo? How can it be considered escapable/inescapable?
aa>>as icebomb >>as (insert combo here) *let opponent drop* cold whirlwind icebomb. Legal?
Or is there some rule that "you must let your opponent lie on the ground 1 second or more before you can reuse a skill that you used in the previous combo" or something? Technically when it resets it resets. It's a new air combo.

Why must these rules be so strict/complicated?
Tbh I would respect a Sieg that actually pulled off a 360 or more windmill in a tourny match (if it were legal) knowing he could drop it at any time easily to do an extra 100 dmg than a lime that infinited you to 1/2-0 hp with his xform.
cause u keep infiniting even when ppl tell u not to..
majority of us who play with the KL tourney rules have these down by instinct/reaction wutever u wanna call it and rarely break them that's y pro KL players rarely infinite even outside tournaments so they dont mess up during the tournament

going backwards.. anything that allows the opponent time to escape erases the infiniting..
such as sliding with tia... if the opponent moves.. it resets his amount of slides because ur altering ur ddirection and the only way for tia to continue is to slide u again with a different direction or risk getting hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper
What defines "auto"?
Is it aa776? Is it the directions you press? Is it the AA?

edit:
What if it's dash out-able but not counterable which makes it look inescapable? ....But this judge doesn't know or can't tell?
siegs.. aa shift aa is dash out-able.. but is illegal to do more than it.. cause u can't counter it unless u use another skill or are a tia..

autos are movements theyre unlimited

EDIT: these are wut i interpret it to be.. so MMOG admins and mods can correct me so i can know the real rules too

Last edited by Lunar; 01-24-2009 at 12:55 AM.

01-24-2009   #60 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Awards MoM Award

^: unfortunately rules on ground windmill, AA shift AA, other "infinites" and such which technically can be escaped but can easily be exploited against a slightly slow opponent aren't too clear for this tournament. It's something that we're looking at and should have fixed for the future.

edit: Also, for melee attacks where a single key results in multiple hits, the number of hits that actually connect is irrelevant.

i.e. Yuki AAS is Yuki AAS, regardless of how many hits from the spin land. Same for Tia's A, Sieg's AAAS, etc, etc.

Last edited by m1s3ri; 01-24-2009 at 01:17 AM.