ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia PvP > Lunia Soldin Championship

Iris Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (5) Thread Tools Display Modes
01-26-2009   #201 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

Now that i think about it...
Can't you also alternate like...
AAS AAAA half dash AAAA half dash AA half dash AAAA half dash AAAA half dash AAA half dash AAAA half dash AAAA half dash AA half dash AAAA half dash AAAA half dash AAAAS tears etc....

cause i think you can halfdash/shift at AAA if you have enough height. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-26-2009   #202 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deity
Bolded parts seem legal to me, but I'd suggest doing what you did on the 2nd bolded part, where you alternated between the 4A's and the 2A's because accidentally doing 3 of either in a row would result in a DQ :x

edit: o lunar beat me to it. you fast tiger you
i edited my post like a thousand times.. lol added ur quote cause i didn't see it
no double post fails in discussions

@mai... yes from the wording u can.. but if u ask one of the judges it's illegal
aaaa half dash aa half dash aaaa half dash aa half dash aaaa etc..
HAS no consecutive unique strings to break the rules
if aaaa and aa are two unique strings.. and they are never consecutive they'll never repeat. so they never break the rules

Last edited by Lunar; 01-26-2009 at 08:19 PM.

01-26-2009   #203 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
i edited my post like a thousand times.. lol added ur quote cause i didn't see it

@mai... yes from the wording u can.. but if u ask one of the judges it's illegal
if aaaa and aa are two unique strings.. and they are never consecutive they'll never repeat. so they never break the rules
Lunar's right. The way you word it can make it seem legal, but when you actually do it, it is considered as illegal.

Lunar, apply for CM D=<

01-26-2009   #204 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar

then howa bout aaaa hd aa hd aaaa hd aa hd aaaaS dash AS dash AS tears shift AAAA hd aa hd aaaa hd aa hd aaaaA dash as dash as dodge aaaa hd aa hd aaaa hd aa hd aaa hd aaaa hd aa hd aaaa hd aa hd aaaaS dash as dash as sacred wave aaaa etc.

Note how i repeat the aaaa hd aa hd aaaa hd aa hd aaaa(insert A or S). Would this be illegal? Since the final AAAA/S would be different.

01-26-2009   #205 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentythee
o, so AA auto AA auto AA AAS auto AA dAS would be illegal?

edit: no wait, the rules say "No more than two of each unique consecutive melee strings between skills"

second edit: all the examples make more sense with what you said >> The word "consecutive" should really be edited out of the rules thread. It makes AA auto AA auto AA AAS auto AA seem legal because the AA's aren't consecutive.

fourth edit: Mis really needs to get a translator >> I've been reading through the advice he gives on this forum and realize that he explains things in such a way that only people that already know what he's talking about would understand.
For example: da du du daru daru da du du daru da du du daru daru da du du daru daru da du du daru daru da du du. No one that doesn't already know what I'm talking about will understand that.
tbh, I don't know why "consecutive" is still in there. I specifically removed that for my last edition of the rules.

/headbang

01-26-2009   #206 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Dain is on a distinguished road
IGN: Dain
Class: Dain duh?

is AA stab AA AA allowed?

01-26-2009   #207 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

miseri can u add "what is considered a melee string?"
into the rules? some ppl dont know

01-26-2009   #208 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

Please change the rule regarding Air windmill..Encountered this problem quite a few times today.

Make it so that you cant do frontal more than 3x, but not the circular motion.

I am currently trying to learn and planning to use whirling as my starter instead of nado. Because of whirling, I will sometimes have to whirl into the city walls in which I only know how to deal with windmill. Whirling kick ss nado. So when wall... Whirling wm wm wm wm( 2-4x) kick ss nado. Perhaps adding 1 more after wm after reaching the wall due to range from opponent, but always only once for correction.

From the Klunia videos I have seen. You can indeed circular windmill past 3x, and I do not believe its cheap or anything to do so. The risk of circular windmill is mine, its not like frontal wall wm.

No matter what may await, please don't regret meeting me.

Solomid Guides:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=22360

01-26-2009   #209 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Rules cannot and will not be changed at this point. On the other hand, I have no idea why you're complaining as the current rules allow you to do a full circle windmill as long as you don't do more than 2 frontals in a row.

01-26-2009   #210 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Eternal,

We've mentioned quite a few times that any change of the rules will delay the start of this tournament at least one week. We're too far along in scheduling to take this sort of delay. At worst case this discussion can be tabled for the next tournament.

Sorry and thank for understanding.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

01-26-2009   #211 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1s3ri
Rules cannot and will not be changed at this point. On the other hand, I have no idea why you're complaining as the current rules allow you to do a full circle windmill as long as you don't do more than 2 frontals in a row.
Sieg's "windmill" is restricted to 2 consecutive hits without shifting and no more than a total of 360 degrees in a single combo

I thought 2 consecutive hits meant you can only do 2 wm hits and then a regular dash a hit. I did not know it only applied to frontal. I also thought the 360 only meant added together of all the circular motion wms added together. So can it go past 360 degrees when added? And the wm can do more than 2 consecutive hits if circular motion?

Someone said my 3 circular wm was illegal today, so I thought my interpretation was not wrong.

Sorry for misunderstanding. *Goes to sleep*

No matter what may await, please don't regret meeting me.

Solomid Guides:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=22360

01-26-2009   #212 (permalink)
Vicious Yetituff
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEden EternalLeague of LegendsLunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gaiety will become famous soon enough

WM Restriction:

If you dash the same direction in your wm, you're restricted to 2 in a row for that direction. If you shift the wm, it's perfectly fine.

66A Sp 66A Sp 66A Sp is illegal.
66A Sp 66A Sp 99A Sp is legal.

And now a question for the hosts:

In a situational position, you can do the following because of Sieg's wide dA:

66A Sp 66A Sp 99A Sp 66A, assuming all of them are non-movement cancels. EDIT: And you control the dash lengths perfectly, of course.

Would this be legal?

Last edited by Gaiety; 01-26-2009 at 11:11 PM.

01-27-2009   #213 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Awards MoM Award

^: yes. No one specified that you had to be turning in a certain direction.

The maximum length windmill that can be done under the current rules is 16 hits; 2 from each direction.

The intent of the rules is mainly to disallow the frontal wall infinite and to provide some form of hard limit on windmill in general. I think it's more than generous enough, although I do kinda wonder if any limit at all on circular windmills is necessary.

01-27-2009   #214 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Jumper is on a distinguished road

Do launchers count?
EX: AA auto AA >>AS IA auto AA

01-27-2009   #215 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1s3ri
^: yes. No one specified that you had to be turning in a certain direction.

The maximum length windmill that can be done under the current rules is 16 hits; 2 from each direction.

The intent of the rules is mainly to disallow the frontal wall infinite and to provide some form of hard limit on windmill in general. I think it's more than generous enough, although I do kinda wonder if any limit at all on circular windmills is necessary.
does windmill cancel reset the windmill length?

01-27-2009   #216 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Awards MoM Award

Yes, launchers count.

Frontal count is reset by anything that is not a frontal; the other count is not reset by anything but a complete end to the combo.

01-27-2009   #217 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

windcurse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperXMeeRee
Okay, this PST time thign is too confusing.

Can somebody tell me what 22:00 PST is?
Cause that's the one i signed up for =.=;;

Btw, i'm vs'ing Sirge lol?

Also, is it possible to do this for an eir?
AAS AAAA half dash AAAA Half Dash AA Half Dash AA Half Dash AAAAS Tears Dash AS Dash AS bomb AAAA half dash AA half dash AAAA half dash AA Half Dash AAAAA Dash AS dash AS Shout Dash AS Dash AS Sacred Wave AAAA half dash AAAA Half Dash AA Half Dash AA Half Dash AAAAS etc...

I'm concerned about the bolded areas particulary.
Wouldn't spacing be an issue? And why waste the perfectly sexy damage of Tears and wave with maxed decay?;-;

01-27-2009   #218 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

DivineRoyalty will become famous soon enough
IGN: SupportPrincess
Class: Eir lu_eir
Level: 73

Ok, since a skill is counted as a reset if it hits the opponent, can we do something like:

(For Eir) aas aaaa dash as HS dash as s dash as s dash as s (in between the dash as are the hits from HS)

01-27-2009   #219 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

sentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nice
Guild: Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dain
is AA stab AA AA allowed?
needs an answer

(AA wait AA AA AA as a dainn)

01-27-2009   #220 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineRoyalty
Ok, since a skill is counted as a reset if it hits the opponent, can we do something like:

(For Eir) aas aaaa dash as HS dash as s dash as s dash as s (in between the dash as are the hits from HS)
no.. the reset counts when u use a skill
i believe 3 stabs with lvl 4 nado is illegal as well..