02-03-2011   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Taylor has a spectacular aura aboutTaylor has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Taylor
IGN: TheDayStar
Class: Healer lu_eir
Level: 78 rbx2
Guild: Capcom + Kirei

by the way, I live in the USA and there is a bit of lag for me, but it's usually when we have like 6 or 7 people connected to the server which is currently being run on a (SHIT-TASTIC) desktop pc. The thing has like 1.66 ghz processing speed. And it's 5 years old. I'm surprised the thing can even run with stats like that.
Imagine what it'll be like when we upgrade?
"I'm getting really sick of all the elitist flamers who try to destroy creative and constructive ideas in an attempt to make themselves feel better about themselves. if you don't have any good ideas of your own, don't flame all over someone else's."

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-03-2011   #22 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games
League of LegendsLuniaVindictusDragon Nest

Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Minus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor

ahhh that's kind of scary. Anyone want to do some more research on copyright laws for us? We looked it over and it seems they can't do anything unless they have copyright set up in australia. Which, honestly, would probably take them a year or two before they would set anything up.
I dont know that much about internet laws but yeah. As far as what happened to Odin, they didnt think anything would happen because they are out of the country but eh. Might want to find some lawyer friends and ask l0l

02-03-2011   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Taylor has a spectacular aura aboutTaylor has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Taylor
IGN: TheDayStar
Class: Healer lu_eir
Level: 78 rbx2
Guild: Capcom + Kirei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuss
I dont know that much about internet laws but yeah. As far as what happened to Odin, they didnt think anything would happen because they are out of the country but eh. Might want to find some lawyer friends and ask l0l
well Europe and the usa may have been in an international copyright treaty together.

There is no such thing as an all around international copyright. Copyrights can only be secured across nations through their mutual treaties. So I guess from there, you just have to find out what countries Australia has set up treaties with. I couldn't really find any information on that. So I assumed (possibly a bad assumption. wanna look it up for me?) that Australia was a safe place to host.
"I'm getting really sick of all the elitist flamers who try to destroy creative and constructive ideas in an attempt to make themselves feel better about themselves. if you don't have any good ideas of your own, don't flame all over someone else's."

02-03-2011   #24 (permalink)
iko
ggFTW Addict

iko is on a distinguished road

Didn't Australia establish DMCA legislation back in 2004? I'd think a developed country like Australia would have better copyright laws. Lets just hope these people working on it also live in Australia lol. I doubt allM will take any action, maybe if the server gains popularity.

Last edited by iko; 02-03-2011 at 07:29 PM.

02-03-2011   #25 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Try asian countries. Lol *cough* malaysia.. i dont think anyone would care about this country.

02-03-2011   #26 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games
League of LegendsLuniaVindictusDragon Nest

Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Minus

tbh I dont really think it would matter what country its hosted in. If they want it shut down they can do it somehow. Wherever it is just do some paperwork -slap slap- authorities come take the dedicated boxes and all computers with the files then they go see you in court

also it would suck even more if you are buying/renting that dedicated box from a company because then you have the game company and server hosting company on your back. gg.

02-03-2011   #27 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Grand ChaseLuniaMapleStoryLost Saga
Awards Facebook Fan

Veggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Veggi
Guild: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuss
tbh I dont really think it would matter what country its hosted in. If they want it shut down they can do it somehow.
Funny i tried telling them this, acutally on the ijji forums before Juju delteed the thread.
They all denied it. I do remeber saying if they were to get caught, i would find a big " I TOLD YOU OMGADFGFASD!!!" on a thread. Btw, iirc, its called the Multinational Law Firm, IF they were to be sued.

"Words can not describe how much I Love Shnao".

02-03-2011   #28 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

If Australia law dictates that piracy and theft of source material is illegal and punishable by law, then yes you're ****ed even if you don't use the game for money.

The only reason most people don't really get caught is because it's either a very small community of friends, or for ones own personal use as a testing platform.

If the community grows to a fair size and gains the attention of developers, or you start using the product as a marketing platform, via selling premium goods/cash items, then you'll get a lawsuit up your ass regardless of where you host it; because while the server itself may be in Australia, YOU are not.

This is the last private server discussion comment to be posted here, because I felt you should really take caution to what you're about to embark on doing if your intentions are to "make it big" money or community wise.

With that said, if you want to elaborate on this project discussion which the thread turned into, you will have to do it elsewhere.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!