Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-29-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Drakyon is on a distinguished road
Default What class to select for solo play? (details inside)

I searched the forums and this has been asked a few times but I am completely new to the game. I played Dungeon Fighter Online but I was not a fan of the game as much as the potential that this game has. I am wondering what class I should pick to start with and finish with. Basically I want these specs on it:

Can solo through the story mode with minimal/no need for groups
High Damage Output
Excellent at endgame content
Not too complicated to use

I am considering Asuka from videos and things I have read as I feel Tia is a bit more complicated and not as rewarding. Thanks for any help!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-29-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

First off: How much damage a character is able to deal depends mostly on your own skills as a player. In Lunia you deal a lot of damage by air-comboing your enemies, which results in multiplied damage output. Simple skill spamming won´t get you that far, unless you spend all your time in easy mode, but then you´ll have problems in Myth (endgame content), where comboing is highly recommended.

Since you´re new to the game I suggest to try out one of the free characters first. Sadly, Asuka is not a free character, so in order to play her you must get her license by clearing a ridicolously hard quest or by purchasing her in the cash shop for $9.

Asuka
is pretty easy to control and it´s also easy to combo with her, so she´s not a bad choice for beginners. However her damage output will be below average, because she´s not balanced yet, and also has problems with dealing lots of damage on uncomboable enemies.

Tia is probably the hardest but also one of the more rewarding characters to use. With some of her skills and buffs you´re able to kill bosses within seconds but comboing efficiently with her is really hard. If you want to use her, you have to spend a lot of time in the Practice Field.

If you want a character, who can deal lots of damage by simple skill spamming, try out Arta. She´s probably the most straightforward and easiest to use character, because you don´t even need to know how to combo with her. Use a skill and watch the enemies die -well, most of the time :P At Myth you won´t be able to kill as fast as in normal stages anymore, but that´s not really a problem. Just team up with other players and let them lift the monsters in the air, so you get a high air-multiplier automatically by hitting them with skills.
Arta´s disadvantage is her pretty long casting time on some of her skills, so keep your distance if you want to use one.

01-29-2011   #3 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Assuming you're not gonna waste your money in Lunia, I guess Dark Eir is the best you can get. (I mean hello ENDU???/HEALS???/MANA??)

Asuka is REALLY easy to combo/infinite with so you might wanna try her if you got G Coin.

Arta is a spammable class where you can just throw your bombs (hax) and run away. Lol. So yeah.

It's really up to you though. o-o

01-29-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibak
First off: How much damage a character is able to deal depends mostly on your own skills as a player. In Lunia you deal a lot of damage by air-comboing your enemies, which results in multiplied damage output. Simple skill spamming won´t get you that far, unless you spend all your time in easy mode, but then you´ll have problems in Myth (endgame content), where comboing is highly recommended.

Since you´re new to the game I suggest to try out one of the free characters first. Sadly, Asuka is not a free character, so in order to play her you must get her license by clearing a ridicolously hard quest or by purchasing her in the cash shop for $9.

Asuka
is pretty easy to control and it´s also easy to combo with her, so she´s not a bad choice for beginners. However her damage output will be below average, because she´s not balanced yet, and also has problems with dealing lots of damage on uncomboable enemies.

Tia is probably the hardest but also one of the more rewarding characters to use. With some of her skills and buffs you´re able to kill bosses within seconds but comboing efficiently with her is really hard. If you want to use her, you have to spend a lot of time in the Practice Field.

If you want a character, who can deal lots of damage by simple skill spamming, try out Arta. She´s probably the most straightforward and easiest to use character, because you don´t even need to know how to combo with her. Use a skill and watch the enemies die -well, most of the time :P At Myth you won´t be able to kill as fast as in normal stages anymore, but that´s not really a problem. Just team up with other players and let them lift the monsters in the air, so you get a high air-multiplier automatically by hitting them with skills.
Arta´s disadvantage is her pretty long casting time on some of her skills, so keep your distance if you want to use one.
Thanks for the replies guys. I have always played rogues in games and I wanted to have Tia initially but it seems like she has a lot of work to put into it. However, I assumed that all that work would only result in damage equal to (for example) and Asuka played on an average level. So what I'm interpretting from you is that if I play a Tia, practice, and do well with her; then I can expect to be able to solo levels no problem and destroy bosses Myth at endgame?

Thanks again for the help!

01-29-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakyon
However, I assumed that all that work would only result in damage equal to (for example) and Asuka played on an average level. So what I'm interpretting from you is that if I play a Tia, practice, and do well with her; then I can expect to be able to solo levels no problem and destroy bosses Myth at endgame?
At the moment you can´t really compare Asuka and Tia in terms of damage, because Tia was balanced a while ago, while Asuka is not. "Balanced" means that this character recieves a big damage buff on skills along with other improvements.
Soloing shouldn´t be a real problem for both characters as long as you stick with easy or normal difficulty, especially as a Tia ,since she has a few AoE skills which can kill most of the normal monsters in a single hit and can turn invisible including a +50% physical damage buff.

01-29-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
GunZLeague of LegendsLuniaAtlantica Online

Seiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Sachirai l Finkster
Class: Gaon l Dainn to_soulmaster
Level: 8x l 8x
Guild: Rebellion

Sigh, I thought people just choose the characters, which they like.. maybe it's just me, but I didn't look at how much damage Dainn deals, I just chose him as my first character, because I liked him right away..
Anyway good luck finding the easiest character to use.

01-29-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibak
At the moment you can´t really compare Asuka and Tia in terms of damage, because Tia was balanced a while ago, while Asuka is not. "Balanced" means that this character recieves a big damage buff on skills along with other improvements.
Soloing shouldn´t be a real problem for both characters as long as you stick with easy or normal difficulty, especially as a Tia ,since she has a few AoE skills which can kill most of the normal monsters in a single hit and can turn invisible including a +50% physical damage buff.
Sounds like Tia is for me then. I have watched videos and read about her and I know her air combos can get complicated but I don't mind putting work in. I just wanted to avoid needing to rely on a group to do things. As much as I realize this is a MMO, I tend to enjoy playing games solo since groups can present unexpected outcomes.

01-30-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkster
Sigh, I thought people just choose the characters, which they like.. maybe it's just me, but I didn't look at how much damage Dainn deals, I just chose him as my first character, because I liked him right away..
Anyway good luck finding the easiest character to use.
+1 just tested out most chars before in terms of melee strings