ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Lunia Questions & Answers (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-questions-answers/)
-   -   Lunia on a flash drive? (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-questions-answers/76962-lunia-flash-drive.html)

Mega 06-03-2010 05:29 PM

Lunia on a flash drive?

Since so many of my computers are dying......

I was wondering is it possible to install Lunia onto a flash drive and be able to plug it in to any computer and be able to play it?

I know each computer would need to have ijji Reactor on it (I think?), but would it know that I installed Lunia on the flash drive or not?

SilentSaber 06-03-2010 05:34 PM

Should be possible. I have that setup right now. Though you'd probably want to have reactor installed onto the drive as well.

Mega 06-03-2010 05:35 PM

So all I do is install it on the flash drive and it should recognize it no matter what computer I use it on?

theSinned 06-03-2010 05:38 PM

maybe it's just me but i have issues with that, i have it on my external HD and installed lunia on it when i was using my mom's laptop

when i got my a temp comp i had to reinstall lunia :|

SilentSaber 06-03-2010 05:40 PM

The path needs to be exactly the same. So when you mount your drive, just assign it a drive letter (like Z or something like that.)

Mega 06-03-2010 05:42 PM

Ok I'll try it to see if it'll work. This comp is actually my mom's laptop so she doesn't want me putting anything on it. So I thought I would try this.

SilentSaber 06-03-2010 05:45 PM

So when you install it on a computer, you need to have your drive mounted by the drive letter you plan on always using.

Gladiat 06-03-2010 06:38 PM

That's weird. It doesn't work for me. When I install REACTOR onto my flash drive, it always sticks some files into the C:\ drive that have different names every time I install it, and REACTOR doesn't run when I use a different computer :/

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong?

Zman840 06-03-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiat (Post 1255825)
That's weird. It doesn't work for me. When I install REACTOR onto my flash drive, it always sticks some files into the C:\ drive that have different names every time I install it, and REACTOR doesn't run when I use a different computer :/

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong?

Maybe you didn't name it in the registry. I did it countless times and made a guide for it....
Guide, how to make Lunia Mobile - ijji Forums

Gladiat 06-04-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zman840 (Post 1255836)
Maybe you didn't name it in the registry. I did it countless times and made a guide for it....
Guide, how to make Lunia Mobile - ijji Forums

No wonder why. I never check Ijji forums now `-`

Zman840 06-04-2010 01:44 PM

XD I know...it gets chaotic when some "user event" happens -.-

theSinned 06-04-2010 02:21 PM

cool, now i just need to find out where Ktest registry is so i dont have to deal with epic slow dl and patch o_o'

Zman840 06-04-2010 07:26 PM

Hmm, I imagine it still be on that same folder...maybe...

I bet most koreans use that as a starting host...

chunkyboy801 03-05-2012 06:06 PM

do you know how to put lunia on a flashdrive? i went to c:\ and took the allm -> lunia file and put it on my flashdrive and the ijji reactor and didn't have it installed on my new computer so i downloaded it from the website but now how do i play it?

Zman840 03-05-2012 06:16 PM

Hmm, I remember you have to edit the registry for that too...

If they didn't delete that forums so soon, I could've taken all my works out of there into the "old" site that I used to use it on....

Gimme a second...

okay...

go to the registry editor (run --> "regedit" without the quotes)

go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Allm\LuniaUS (if there isn't it, you'll probably have to add the folder for it).

make a string value called "Install_Dir" and put in your file location (for example, if it's in the E drive, it would be "E:\Lunia" or "E:\Allm\Lunia")

And now it should recognize the file when you run REACTOR, or at least in theory...